Teenage Dream discussion

Tv Shows and Movies > Switched at Birth.

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shivani (new)

Shivani (shivanijitendra) | 6 comments Soo.. who watches it??

message 2: by Chickie (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) I DO!

message 3: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) I do. I can't say I'm proud of it, because the acting is mostly really bad and the plot is mostly cliche. But it's like a soap opera; I got hooked and I can't get out!

I started watching it because I'm taking sign langauge in school; I love the fact that the guy who plays Emmett is really Deaf. (:

message 4: by Sky, Ben's Girlfriend (new)

Sky | 1009 comments Mod
OMG I love this show! I live to see the next episode! I love Bay! She is so awesome!

message 5: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Okay, did anybody see the episode from yesterday?

If Bay starts on Emmett, I think I'll kill her. 8|

message 6: by Sky, Ben's Girlfriend (new)

Sky | 1009 comments Mod
Thalia wrote: "Okay, did anybody see the episode from yesterday?

If Bay starts on Emmett, I think I'll kill her. 8|"

lol Hilarious! I didn't see it! My power went out! STUPID STORM!

message 7: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Do you have DVR? (Although if your power went out, it probably didn't record anyway.)

I mean, I don't like Bay much. I don't like the acting and I just don't like her character. And I think Daphne and Emmett being together would be like, the greatest thing ever. But aoirualjmgnakltlEKAHTASKLGTHAK. Keyboard smash is all I can think of to describe my emotions, hahah.

message 8: by Rosy (new)

Rosy  | 20 comments Okay , I love Bay and Daphne !! But if Emmet goes out with Bay Ima kill her !!!!!

message 9: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Seriousllyyy.
This is just my festering hatred for ABC Family, that they'll try and mess with all that needs to be right in this show.

message 10: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) OH. MY. GOODNESS.

I didn't think it was possible to dislike Bay more than I already did. But UGH. After watching this week's episode...I just wanted to smack her!

Firstly, she thinks Emmett should pay more attention to her than to Daphne. Even though he's know Daphne infinity longer than Bay, and she understands him better. And she asks him to speak. That's something Deaf people usually avoid, when they're like Emmett. They love thier culture and their world; to some Deaf people, it's downright offensive to be asked to compensate their culture for hearing people.

Secondly, she's SUCH a hypocrite. She gets all angry at Regina for not "coming for her", even though in the beginning episodes, she was mad at her parents for even thinking of switching her and Daphne back. She was angry that they would even THINK of giving her back, and she gets mad at Regina for making the choice she wanted her own family to make?

I CAN'T STAND HER.

message 11: by Rosy (new)

Rosy  | 20 comments Thalia wrote: "OH. MY. GOODNESS.

I didn't think it was possible to dislike Bay more than I already did. But UGH. After watching this week's episode...I just wanted to smack her!

Firstly, she thinks Emmett shoul..."

And I also didn't like Wilke and daphne's Make-Out scene ... :S

message 12: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) I like Wilke. And I like him with Daphne (although I still want Daphne and Emmett to be together). But you're right; it was much too...spontaneous. And I didn't like that Daphne got drunk; with Regina in AA, you'd think she'd know better. And she was always the moral character. :/

message 13: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (crice26) | 55 comments omggg!!! I think Wilke is adorable!!!!! And I just saw the latest episode and I was soooo mad that Daphne said that she liked Emmett!!! I like Emmett and Bay together more!! TEAM BAY!!!!!! Plus Daphne had her chance and she blew it.

message 14: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Just copying what I posted in another group here. The Bemmett fans are taking overrrrrr.

Okay, wait. Daphne tried to take Bay's life?

Firstly, Daphne broke up with Liam, even though she really liked him, because he was someone from Bay's life and Bay didn't want them together.

And then Bay turns around and start snogging her best friend of eleven years, and Daphne is supposed to be totally fine with that?!

Am I the ONLY one who thinks Bay is a total brat? Because she really is. She gets pissy at Emmett for having pictures of Daphne in his room, even though he's known HER waayyyy longer than he's known Bay. She gets pissy at him when she thinks he got her a scarf for her birthday, and Daphne some sentimental gift. She is a BRAT.

Also, I'll point out that in the very beginning of the series, Bay gets all angry and bratty at her parents, because she thinks they'll go rushing off to switch the kids back, and she's like, "WOW, WHY DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT ME ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS HER." And then when she finds out Regina made the decision that her "parents" did, she gets pissy because Regina DIDN'T switch them back.

OH MY GOSH, I DESPISE HER AND I'M ALONE IN MY HATRED.

But in all honesty, I can't freaking stand Bay. And PS, she's cheating on her boyfriend, who already said, "I love you", and is also in the freaking military. :/ She's selfish and a complete brat.

message 15: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (crice26) | 55 comments Okay, I have to admit she is a brat. BUT idk I just like Bay and Emmett together more. I think they make a cute couple. I just think Sean Berdy is adorable!!! Hes probs like the nicest guy. AND whatever happened to Wilke? CAUSEEE he's a cutie!!

message 16: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Yeah, Wilke is a cutie, but he also totally made fun of Daphne the first time he met her. Emmett was the one who said from the beginning that hearing/Deaf relationships don't work, and that his "dream girl" was someone who made him laugh and was Deaf.

And even after Daphne told Bay the one time Emmett ever used his voice, Bay thinks it would be totally great to ask Emmett to speak for her? And suddenly, he should be getting speech therapy for her? I'm totally on Marlee Matlin's side of this argument.

message 17: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (crice26) | 55 comments I totally understand where your coming from. And whatever happened to that guy that Bay first started dating at the beginning of the series and than Daphne started to date? What was his name? I forget..

message 18: by Sky, Ben's Girlfriend (new)

Sky | 1009 comments Mod
Liam

message 19: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (crice26) | 55 comments Oh right...I wonder if he will ever come back

message 20: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (crice26) | 55 comments Oh and the guy that plays Ty is on that new abc family show, the Lying Game

message 21: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) I don't think he will. They haven't even mentioned him since Daphne broke up with him. Poor guy; I liked him. :/

Thalia wrote: "Okay, did anybody see the episode from yesterday?

If Bay starts on Emmett, I think I'll kill her. 8|"

Why does ABC Fam do the things that make me violent?

message 22: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) ♥Courtney♥ wrote: "Oh and the guy that plays Ty is on that new abc family show, the Lying Game"

I think that's why they sent him off to war. The guy wouldn't have been able to film two shows at once so...get rid of the character, hahah.

I saw the commercial for The Lying Game, and I was literally yelling, 'YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN BASIC TRAINING WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING'. x)

message 23: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (crice26) | 55 comments bahahahahahhahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATEEE his long hair! UGH!!!!! ohh and i just saw the promo! OMG THE DAD COMES!?!?!?!?!??! AND Emmetts just sooo loved!!

message 24: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (crice26) | 55 comments ooppsss sorryyy!!! i dont know how to do that view spoiler thingy!!

message 25: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) < spoiler > insert spoilers here < / spoiler >

Without any spaces, of course.

message 26: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (crice26) | 55 comments (view spoiler)

message 27: by Rosy (new)

Rosy  | 20 comments LOL !

message 28: by Rosy (new)

Rosy  | 20 comments (view spoiler)

message 29: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (crice26) | 55 comments i know!! I'm excited!!! But I'm really sad that its the season finale.....OMG it's also the season finale for the Nine Lives of Chloe King..UGH!!! WHAT AM I GOING TO WATCH?!?!?!?

message 30: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments Bay is a brat. Mean and selfish

message 31: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca I really like this show but I really dont like how ?Daphne is being a b**ch and decided to go after Emmett

message 32: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments Well thy have been friends and Emmett has always been there for her. I don't blame her for wanting Emmett. I want Emmett.

message 33: by Rosy (new)

Rosy  | 20 comments Courtney wrote: "i know!! I'm excited!!! But I'm really sad that its the season finale.....OMG it's also the season finale for the Nine Lives of Chloe King..UGH!!! WHAT AM I GOING TO WATCH?!?!?!?"

Well , since both my favorite shows are going on , I'm going over to my bestfriend's house for her birthday , tomorrow and we're gonna watch it :D :D I CAN'T WAIT !!!!! I love Emmet and I love Alek :D :D

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

i just started watching this and i finished the ten episodes in two days. :D

message 35: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments Is there going to be a season 2??

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

i hope so. I think they are still making season 1

message 37: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments No the season final was when Emmet went and the two other guys go on tour.

I have to go bye!!!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

it was? there are only 10 episodes? thats wierd lol BYE!

message 39: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments Yes.
Look at Netflix. It is.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

lol i only saw the 10 epsiodes

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

ikr

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

OmG this show is one of my favorites! i love it!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Ikr! It's so good :)