The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > I'm new!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megs (new)

Megs (megs4780) Hi everyone! I have just joined goodreads and this group looks like my cup of tea :) I'm from Australia, I'm 31 and mum to a 14 month old. Just getting some time again to read! I love reading lots of genres, but crime and mystery has always been my first love. I cut my teeth on lots of British police procedurals, but in recent years have enjoyed more American crime novels and some of the Scandinavian authors. Looking forward to finding more novels to explore.

message 2: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 36158 comments Welcome aboard. Get ready for your TBR to explode.

message 3: by Creature (new)

Creature | 93 comments Hello:
Welcome to the group. It is a lively bunch that talk about lots of authors.
Have a Great Day!!!
The "Creature"

message 4: by Pgile5 (new)

Pgile5 (pgile15) | 4 comments Welcome

message 5: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Hi Megs and welcome to the group. I'm sure you'll find lots of things to read. I remember when my son was 14 months old and how hard it was to find time and energy to read. He's now 14 years old, and it does get easier eventually.

message 6: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome Megs. Glad you found us. I'm sure you'll find lots of great recommendations here.

message 7: by J.E. (new)

J.E. (jejtx) | 7 comments I'm a newbie myself!

message 8: by J.E. (new)

J.E. (jejtx) | 7 comments Donna wrote: "Welcome Megs. Glad you found us. I'm sure you'll find lots of great recommendations here."
Since I see you are a co-moderator, what is the best way to locate/invite others in a particular group to add as friends? ;-) Thanks!

message 9: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Hi J.E. and welcome to you too! You can open a thread here in the "Report for Duty" folder to introduce yourself and ask people to add you as a friend, or even better, read through the threads and the comments and see who has tastes and opinions closest to yours and send them a friend invitation. The "Currently Reading/Just finished" folder is a good place to start. Good luck!

message 10: by J.E. (new)

J.E. (jejtx) | 7 comments Hayes wrote: "Hi J.E. and welcome to you too! You can open a thread here in the "Report for Duty" folder to introduce yourself and ask people to add you as a friend, or even better, read through the threads and ..."
Thanks for the feedback!