Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > HARRY POTTER - A discussion for Witches and Wizards!

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Its tomorrow at 12:01

message 2: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments 19 hours....

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (manda_82) Just bought my tickets to go Thursday night! I think it is really cute that you can get harry style 3d glasses!

Heard all good reviews! Can't wait, but also sad that it is the final one!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I can not wait! I cant do midnight session as I'm working but first session Wednesday I am There!

message 5: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments **14 hours. Not 19. FOURTEEN HOURS UNTILL I SEE IT***

Yes, Im going midnight. Tonight. I am so excited :)

message 6: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 69334 comments Mod
Have fun Jess and Melanie!!! Also Meb, Amanda, and anyone else who goes...you'll enjoy it extremely!!!! :D

message 7: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments That...was...fantastic.
I cried a fair few times. First time I have ever heard the whole cinema in tears...Snape :(

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

★ Jess ★ wrote: "That...was...fantastic.
I cried a fair few times. First time I have ever heard the whole cinema in tears...Snape :("

IT WAS AMAZING! RIP Fred, Tonk, Lupin, Snape, Dumbledore.. I loved Molly and Bella's little fight scene! "Not my daughter you bitch!" Teh she is an amazing lady! I wish she was my mum :P

message 9: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments I cried *SO HARD* when I saw Lupin & Tonks lying dead together...hands almost touching...
I cried when Snape broke down seeing Lilly's corpse as well, but just not as hard.
Oh, and when Fred & George were talking before the battle :(

Molly & Bella's fight was awesome. So was Voldemort & Harry.

message 10: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

So glad you guys enjoyed the last movie so much...thought you would, from all the hype, reviews etc!! Not surprised about the tears either Jess! Don't forget the photo you 'promised' us..lol

message 11: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments Oh here is a fun fact guys :)
Before Kenneth Branagh was cast as Gilderoy Lockhart, Jude Law and Hugh Grant were considered. Grant was actually cast, but was forced to drop out with scheduling conflicts. I found that interesting.

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 13, 2011 05:04AM) (new)

I thought it was really good that they made harry and Voldies battle draw out longer cause in the books its like 4 sentances!

Fred so damn sad, I hate that he dies1

best line
harry" its small and its come where in the castle"
Silence
harry " I know its not much to go on"
Shamus" thats nothing to go on"
lol giggled so much

message 13: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Well look, you did Melanie...;D

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

hhahah :D

message 15: by Monya (new)

Monya (monyamary) Hey, folks, put up a warning sign when you post Spoilers. You can't assume everyone has read the books and seen the movie as quickly as you have. Reminds me of the time someone told me Leonardo di Caprio's character didn't survive in "Titanic", long before I saw it.

There, hope I didn't hurt your feelings. I'm acting like a nasty old grandma again. Fortunately - ducks head before tomatoes begin to fly - I'm not a H.P. fan.

And anyway, thanks to my hubby's hearing problems, I don't get to see movies before they arrive on T.V. anyway!

Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Monya (aka Mary)

message 16: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments Well, we presumed that everyone here has read/seen them, because the majority of this group have no intention. But sorry, I'll keep it in mind!

But seriously, that movie was SOOOO GOOD....

<3 McGonagall

message 17: by Monya (new)

Monya (monyamary) Whoops. Sorry again, *Jess*. Just noticed it IS the H.P. thread.

Throws cape over head and departs very quietly...

Monya (aka Mary)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Melanie wrote: "I thought it was really good that they made harry and Voldies battle draw out longer cause in the books its like 4 sentances!

Fred so damn sad, I hate that he dies1

best line
harry" its small an..."

I agree I also like how Hermione and Ron are nearly washed away by a tidal wave and then they full on make out everyone in the cinema burst out laughing :D

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is soooo amazing! where is it????

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Carmel!

message 21: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments I'll be in Sydney on those dates :) :) :) :)

Also, I just thought about that scene where Snape is holding Lily's body, and burst into tears. Im tragic, I know.

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (manda_82) Melanie wrote: "
best line
harry" its small an..."

I loved that scene too. It goes with the humour of the whole series!

All the characters I felt were perfectly cast! I thought Ralph and Daniel were fantastic in this final installment!

Also loved all the Neville scenes, especially him facing the angry mob on the bridge!!

message 23: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments I loved the bit when Harry and McGonagall confronted Snape in the great hall. It wasnt in the book (not really) but it was one of my favorite parts :)

Only Neville could go into battle wearing a cardigan and still look totally badass.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I Love McGonagall with the night armor
"I always wanted to use that spell"
haha

message 25: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments Saw it a second time. My goodness, that is a good film.

message 26: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments Also, is this not the most tragic thing you've ever seen?

[image error]

message 27: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part II is now the third highest grossing film of all time, beside those two James Cameron movies.

message 28: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments How did i know you would tell us that Jess. :D

message 29: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments ;) Its only the most amazing thing ever.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Its sooooo good. I have watched it like 21 times... so far xD The books are better though you have to admit...

message 31: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments As good as DH2 was, the books blow the movies right out of the water.

message 32: by Katie (new)

Katie (ieishanalani) I have the box set of books and DVDs and I collect anything Harry potter... :)

message 33: by Katie (new)

Katie (ieishanalani) Just bought 4 Harry potter pc games for $15 :)

message 34: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Great price Katie!

message 35: by Katie (new)

Katie (ieishanalani) Just outbid someone on ebay for 6 limited edition Harry potter figurines :) all still in original packaging :)

message 36: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Well done Katie:)

message 37: by Katie (new)

Katie (ieishanalani) Been reading Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone to the girls for their bedtime story, I also got my hedwig in his cage in the post yesterday and my brothers gave me their owls I got them from the Harry potter shop in dreamworld 3 years ago.. They've outgrown them now :)