Book Haven discussion

Dead Discussions > Have These Books Been Read Yet???

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbarasc) | 8 comments Hello!! I just clicked onto your "future reads" list and there are three books there that I would LOVE to read, but they're listed as July 2011, so I don't know if they've been read in July (and I missed it) or if they just have not been picked yet. The three I'm referring to are:

Like the Flowing River

The Jewel of St. Petersburg

Pearl of China

Sorry about all the crazy questions i've been asking!! I'm finally trying to take advantage of some of the fabulous groups here on Goodreads, so I'm still trying to figure out how everything works around here!!!

THANKS!!!
~Barbara

message 2: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
Barbara wrote: "Hello!! I just clicked onto your "future reads" list and there are three books there that I would LOVE to read, but they're listed as July 2011, so I don't know if they've been read in July (and I ..."

Nope. If you would like them to be, go into the "Bookshelf" for our group and add them to the "Group Read Suggestions" folder. I'll put them in the next poll. ;)

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbarasc) | 8 comments Thanks J.D.!!!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

الطوَّاب الأكبر by عبد السلام إبراهيم
ALTAWAB ALAKBAR

message 5: by Martha (new)

Martha Sipe (marthasipe) | 1 comments Speaking of books, https://leicesterwea.com/ has some great lists! I've been really enjoying Pulitzer lists. Thanks to them, I've discovered Tinkers, which is the first novel by the American author Paul Harding. Following the steps of his professor Marilynne Robinson, who also won a Pulitzer award, Harding has swept off the feet the readership around the world. Train Dreams, by Denis Johnson, was 2012 nominee, and finalist in Fiction, and it was an incredible read as well. Take a look at the last year's winners!