Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Entertainment > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Is anyone else excited for this movie? My sister is getting us tickets for the midnight showing!

message 2: by Okie (last edited Jul 11, 2011 09:43PM) (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2085 comments Mod
I'm Super Excited!!! I'm planning on going with the neighbor girl since I don't have any friends that wanna go watch this *gasp!!

message 3: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
I am just glad that I get a chance to see it before my trip! I don't know if I could wait two weeks to watch it. :)

message 4: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
We have our tickets, although not for the midnight showing. We will be going Friday afternoon, three generations strong.

message 5: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments We have midnight tickets. Our whole family plus various aunts, uncles, neighbors, etc. I can't believe my whole family has made it this far and we still have no idea how it ends! I'm hoping we don't run into someone in line who can't help but talk about it - that would truly be disastrous!

message 6: by Regina (new)

Regina Puckett | 2 comments I have my tickets for this Sunday. I can't wait to see it even thought I know I'm going to cry the entire time.

message 7: by Mindy (new)

Mindy (mindylu32) | 26 comments OK who saw it? I went on Friday night and cried like a baby throughout the whole *bleeping* thing! I absolutely loved it and want to see it again!

message 8: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Saw it on Sunday, cried about 17 times. Especially during the Pensieve scenes--those were such a lovely part of the book, and just as beautifully done in the movie. Serious Rickman love here.

A fun bit of trivia for us historical romance junkies: Aberforth Dumbledore is played by Ciaran Hinds! He's played Mr. Rochester and Captain Wentworth in versions of Jane Eyre and Persuasion. They olded him up quite a bit for HP 7.2.

message 9: by Regina (new)

Regina Puckett | 2 comments I saw it Sunday night. I spent the entire second half of the movie crying. I couldn't stop. It was the best movie by far. I expected that they would change some things but they didn't change any of the important scenes. I loved it and I'm ready to go back to see it again.

message 10: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I thought it was great. I too thought the Penseive scenes were wonderfully done, Theresa. And I loved seeing Neville come into his own. I thought Molly Weasley's battle with Bellatrix was missing context, and I was bothered that Harry's interaction with his father in the Resurrection Stone scene was almost non-existent. I also wanted to see Percy reunite with his family. But I still give the movie an A.

message 11: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments We had a great time. I liked the movie but wanted a little more and was a little disappointed in some of the turns it took - I really feel like Snape got shafted big time. One of my favorite parts was Neville, though. I loved his scenes.

I recognized Ciaran, Theresa! I whispered over several people to point him out to my sister. We were the only two who would have any idea who he was. LOL

message 12: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Irisheyes--that's awesome!! Glad I wasn't the only one. :) He made a great Aberforth. I also really loved the King's Cross scene near the end--so well-acted.

Aly is so frigging bored | 857 comments Mod
I am so happy that I wasn't the only one who cire through the movie :)) One of my friends was so amazed that I even cried :))

message 14: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
I loved the pensive scenes as well. Rickman did a great job as Snape and in fact is one of my favorite characters. Loved the movie, but sad it is the last one!

message 15: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
I went with two teen boys. I had to love it when one said, after Hermione and Ron usethe basilisk tooth to kill the goblet, get flooded, and kiss, "Great date!"
Group consensus was that it was well done but not as good as the book.
I'm intrigued that my daughter and many of her friends kept saying "that's the end of my childhood"....because they grew up with Harry.