Classical music lovers discussion

Composers > Your Favourite Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Compositions?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by George (new)

George (GPSpann) Nice choices! My four favourites are:

Flute & Harp Concerto K299
Symphony No. 41
Requiem
Eine Kleine Nachtmusic

message 2: by Max (new)

Max Very nice, George. :)

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 5 comments I always enjoy listening to Requiem Aeternam. I could listen to this everyday. It is overwhelming beauty! I like Exsultate Jubilate and Le Nozze di Figaro too.

message 4: by Veiko (new)

Veiko Vettik | 1 comments One of my favorite compositions in general is certainly Mozart`s Requiem

message 5: by Maria (new)

Maria | 27 comments Oh yes, Veiko. MOST certainly!

message 6: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (jeanne_voelker) | 61 comments I have to agree on the Requiem, and I also love the music in Don Giovanni.

message 8: by Maria (new)

Maria | 27 comments Absolutely. And the attractive young woman has shown us her heart.

message 9: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (jeanne_voelker) | 61 comments And her sound is gorgeous too!

message 10: by Maria (new)

Maria | 27 comments It is indeed.

message 11: by Barbara H (new)

Barbara H (barbhh) | 66 comments Thanks for the link, Jeanne. It was lovely. I have a CD of this (although not with her playing) and have always enjoyed it.

message 12: by Erie (new)

Erie Morgan (amadeusfan27) Symphony No. 41
Symphony No.40,
Symphony No.25 in D-Minor

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) All of the da Ponte Operas
Sinfonia Concentarte in E flat

message 14: by Richard (new)

Richard (fantasyfangr) | 33 comments I very often listen to his beautiful chamber music and I believe "The Marriage of Figaro" is the most perfect opera ever composed!

message 15: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor (bookpossum) | 25 comments I agree with you on "Figaro" Richard. But my absolute top favourite work by Mozart is the quintet for piano and winds. It is sublime.

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) I agree!!!
I saw it at the met opera last year But I was greatly disappointed.

I think that Così fan tutte is great too.

message 17: by David (new)

David Gortner | 5 comments Mozart's Mass in C minor K 427 is my favorite Mozart if any of them can be considered favorites over any other. His operas, especially Figaro, and his piano concertos, especially no 24 are also in my favorite list.

message 18: by LobsterQuadrille (new)

LobsterQuadrille | 8 comments My favorite Mozart pieces are probably his Requiem Mass, Symphony No. 40, "Gran Partita" Serenade, and "Der Holle Rache" from the Magic Flute.

message 19: by Frank (new)

Frank McAdam I've always considered Don Giovanni to be the finest opera ever written and Mozart's greatest work.