Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Do you make more money publishing on Nook or Kindle?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Everly (new)

Everly Anders I am a self0published author and so far I have made significantly more money publishing with the kindle then with the nook. What have you guys noticed and they do think thats the case?
Elle
ellelapraim.com

message 2: by David (new)

David Burton (davidhburton) Lately, Nook. My paranormal romance just isn't taking off at Amazon like it is at B&N.

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane (dcl55) | 29 comments My comments,as an owner/reader of Kindle and Nook Color, my first choice is always my Nook Color.
(Almost finished with Broken)

message 4: by Russell (new)

Russell Brooks (russellbrooks) Amazon was better than NOOK, but so far this month (July) Nook sales have outnumbered those on Amazon.

message 5: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) I'd be eager to hear about this with more authors. It seems like every time I try to check out a self published work it's on Amazon first. Is this because it's easier to make more on Amazon? Or is it easier to publish with Amazon?

message 6: by Everly (new)

Everly Anders JK wrote: "I'd be eager to hear about this with more authors. It seems like every time I try to check out a self published work it's on Amazon first. Is this because it's easier to make more on Amazon? Or is ..."

For me, the reason is that more people use Amazon then B&N. I always put my work on Amazon first because I make 3 times as much from them. For example I don't even have my covers up yet on B&N. I just end up putting most of my time where I get most of the return. If it was with B&N then i would put my focus there. i think of B&N as an after thought because I am just trying to keep up with demand on Kindle.
Elle

message 7: by Bruce (new)

Bruce | 1 comments Elle wrote: "I always put my work on Amazon first because I make 3 times as much from them. For example I don't even have my covers up yet on B&N."

I don't know what drives sales, but how do you know that your B&N sales wouldn't be comparable if you're not even putting up the covers at B&N. If I were looking at a book from an unknown author, and it didn't have a cover, I'd probably pass right away unless I had a personal recommendation.

message 8: by Everly (new)

Everly Anders Bruce wrote: "Elle wrote: "I always put my work on Amazon first because I make 3 times as much from them. For example I don't even have my covers up yet on B&N."

I don't know what drives sales, but how do you k..."

lol Bruce you are totally right. I did not answer that correctly. I use to have a cover up for a while but then i changed my cover and it was not compatible. I am going off sales numbers for when I did have one. Sorry for the confusion.

message 9: by U.L. (new)

U.L. Harper (ulharper) For whatever I've sold 0 on the nook. Don't know why. I do more selling at, honestly, amazon but substantially more at smashwords.com, go figure. I mean a lot more.

message 10: by Beth (new)

Beth I'm a traditionally published author, and I haven't received my royalty statement yet for January-June, but from looking at my latest book's (Deadly Currents) ranks on Amazon and B&N for the Kindle and Nook editions, the Kindle one is selling more copies. That makes sense, since there are more Kindles in readers' hands than Nooks right now. I'm wondering how the new Google ebook reader will affect things.

message 11: by U.L. (new)

U.L. Harper (ulharper) Me too. Can't wait to see it.