Q&A with Tessa Dawn discussion

Events, Contests & Notices > Release of Blood Awakening

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Dawn (tessadawn) | 125 comments Mod
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to stop by and let you know that book two in the Blood Curse Series is finally being released. I say "being" b/c the Paperback is scheduled to release on July 21, 2011. However, the eBook is already available on Kindle & Nook.

Hope everyone has been enjoying their summer and catching up on some of their favorite vamp books!]
Tessa

message 2: by Yna (new)

Yna Ruth | 2 comments I love that it was released early for us kindle/nook users hehe

And by the way, the kindle sample was just too enticing! I bought the book after about 10 minutes of trying to talk myself out of it.

I don't know why, Tessa, but your books just hook me in, even though some of it is kinda cheesy but the dialogue, the characters and the plot all make your books so good. I wouldn't mind more character building and maybe more background/history stories on the characters to maybe make your books longer. Finishing the book was sad for me, I wanted MORE.

Speaking of which, I can really see plenty of books and plots you can take your series to and am wondering if you had a set amount of books in mind for the series? I don't know why but I had the impression you would only have 3 in your series, which I'm hoping is not the case.

Anyway, good job on the book and looking forward to the 3rd one :)

message 3: by Tessa (new)

Welcome, Yna
Let's see...as for making the books longer, the publishing industry has a "standard" that they like to use (most books around 80,000 words, some publishers will go up to 100,000). Blood Destiny has 106,000 which is a huge "no-no." Blood Awakening has over 105,000, so it's also a rebel! LOL The truth of the matter is, I often have to cut extra background, side plots and histories in order to make the books eligible for publication: It's a catch 22. If I write all of what I'd love to, no one will ever see it. If I cut out all but the essentials to move the plot, it meets publication guidelines...

I originally planned 5 books in the series but may do more...depending. So glad you are enjoying them!
Tessa

message 4: by Yna (last edited Jul 13, 2011 11:02AM) (new)

Yna Ruth | 2 comments That comes as a huge surprise for me. The book felt short to me for some reason. I was checking out Blood Destiny on Amazon and it stated there was 400 something pages. Wow, that sure shocked me. I guess reading on the Kindle is a little misleading and I guess that only means I really enjoyed reading it. It's rare for me to find a book like yours that suck me in. That's why, when I find a book like yours, I immediately get that author's other books too and future books also. So consider me hooked to your future books -- for life!

Also, 5 books yay! But I am 99% sure I will want more after the 5th book, but I guess you'll cross the bridge when you get there. Hopefully, by then, your series will have gained immense popularity!

message 5: by Tessa (new)

Yes, the page count is a bit misleading...lol. In fact, Blood Awakening has more lines per page and smaller font so it appears much shorter than BDestiny, but it's not.

thank you so much again for the glowing endorsement!

Megan Riverina Romantics (meganriverinaromantics) | 44 comments Reading it now!

message 7: by Marti (new)

Marti Hannah | 3 comments Just finished! Was crying real tears by the end. Can not wait for the next one, and the next one!!!!

(I often have to cut extra background, side plots and histories in order to make the books eligible for publication: It's a catch 22. If I write all of what I'd love to, no one will ever see it.) Tessa, have you ever considered writing a companion book for your "Hooked For Life" Readers, that could address these issues?

Thank You so much Tessa, for sharing your gift, PLEASE keep it coming.

message 8: by Tessa (new)

I actually have thought of it...maybe a little further along in the series. :-)