"REHAB" discussion

Clubs > Quotation Rotation (for the quoters)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 124 (124 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (last edited Jul 11, 2011 10:56AM) (new)

Hannah | 3223 comments Mod
So hi! You are probably wondering what the purpose of this club is. I'll tell you.

Essentially, we will have a conversation composed entirely of movie quotes.
Rules:
1. You must state what movie the quote is from. You can use Google or some other search engine to find it, but you must say where it's from. You can say what character says it, but that's not required.
2. For now, only one conversation may be going at a time. Maybe later we'll do two or more consecutive conversations, but that really depends on whether or not anyone likes this.
3. You may not reply to a previous post with a quote from the same scene. For example, if I posted "Who's that?" from Tangled, the next person couldn't say "They don't like me." You may reply with a quote from the same movie, but not the same scene.
4. No bad language or anything along those lines. (I trust you guys, but I felt the need to establish that)
5. You may answer a question with a question.
6. The conversation must make at least some sense.

So, just to be clear, you don't all reply to whatever I say. You must reply to the poster right before you. If you have any questions at all, please ask. Have fun!
(taken from my writing forum. Credits go there. :D)

I'll begin...Remember no talking but in quotes!

"Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?" - Man in Black, Princess Bride.

message 2: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments ((Wait, does AVPM/AVPS count and do TV Shows count?))

"Since the invention of the kiss." -Princess Bride

message 3: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments "as you wish." princess bride

message 4: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments "You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" HP 3

message 5: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments (when in the movie does that happen? i dont remember....)

"if there was ever one i would have married, it would have been her. it would have been her!" LOTR, the return of the king

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 665 comments (oh Sam. that part makes me cry.)

"Rapunzel?"
-flynn, tangled

message 7: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments ((When the trio is going down to see hagrid. right before Hermy punches Malfoy.
and isn't this a conversation? your quote doesn't truly make sense to me in context, zoe))

message 8: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments (i know, right? that and the very end when frodo goes to the undying lands. :( )

"you use that word a lot. i do not think it means what you think it means." the princess bride

message 9: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments Rae*WrockerGirl*Ruhbacon* wrote: "((When the trio is going down to see hagrid. right before Hermy punches Malfoy.
and isn't this a conversation? your quote doesn't truly make sense to me in context, zoe))"

(thanks. now i remember. i loved that part. oh, sorry)

message 10: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments "Merchandising! Merchandising! Where the real money from the movie is made." -yogurt, Spaceballs

message 11: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (last edited Jul 11, 2011 05:05PM) (new)

Katerina (klymene) | 2740 comments Mod
((Klymene doesn't really get this, but she'll post her favorite quote from River Secrets))
"Because, sheep boy, your face is-"
"is a sign post for all to read, I know."
-Razo and Enna, River Secrets Shannon Hale
((It's funnier when you say it in Razo and Enna's voice in your head.))

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily | 665 comments ((love that quote))

message 13: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

((Remember try to keep somewhat of a convo going! :D And no it's just Movies....maybe we'll add TV in later))

"Oy. Who destroyed you?" - Lily , The Princess Diaries

message 14: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments ((And what about AVPM/S? a no for now?))

"Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives. The trick is not to be around when they go off." Valkyrie

message 15: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

(I am blanking. AVPM? What is that? Oh is it Avery potter musical?)

message 16: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments ((haha, yeah. that's what it is- AVPM= A Very Potter Musical AVPS= A Very Potter Sequel))

message 17: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

((I see...well if we include one musical we have to do all. so let's stick to just movies for now. Maybe we'll broaden later. Sound good.

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 187 comments "You've left out one of the chief characters! Samwise the Brave. I want to hear more about Sam...Frodo would not have gotten far without him."
--Frodo, from The Two Towers

message 19: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

"Really let that seep in. What are you getting? Because to me, that's part man-smell, and the other part is really bad man-smell. I don't know why, but overall it just smells like the color brown. Your thoughts?"
~Flynn, Tangled.

message 20: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments "i thought-
-you thought i loved him"

Elizabeth and Will, POTC 3

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 187 comments "Rapunzel, you were my new dream."
"And you were mine."
--Flynn and Rapunzel, Tangled

message 22: by Rebekah Faith (last edited Jul 19, 2011 08:19AM) (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments ((I may just be being picky, but this doesn't seem like a good conversation. It seems more like a mish-mosh of movie quotes.
And i understand, Hannah. I was just asking))

"Dream a dream to get us out!" Sharkboy, The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl

message 23: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments ((i know what you mean. maybe we need a topic for conversation?))

message 24: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments ((well, this is supposed to be that topic. lolz))

message 25: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

((OMG. Taylor Lautner was Sharkboy in that movie. It was totally weird.))

message 26: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments ((hahah, he was. I didn't even realize [or care] until later. It's like I didn't realize that Kristen Stewart played the female lead in Catch That Kid. I just didn't care like at all about stars and their previous/future/current roles.))

message 27: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

"Death first!" ~ Wesley, Princess Bride

message 28: by Naomi (last edited Jul 25, 2011 12:32PM) (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments "inconceivable!"- vizzini- the princess bride

message 29: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments ((Klym, i didn't think we oculd use songs.....))

message 30: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

(( yeah it's really only movies at the moment))

" inconcievAble!" - vizzini

message 31: by Siareen (last edited Aug 04, 2011 05:07AM) (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments "you are forgetting one very important thing, mate. im captain jack sparrow" jack, curse of the black pearl

message 32: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

"This is BAD." - Flynn Rider

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 187 comments ((To continue))
"They just can't get my nose right!" -Flynn Rider

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 187 comments "What are we holding onto Sam?" "That there's some good in this world Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for!"
-Sam and Frodo from LOTR: The Two Towers

((Couldn't resist, I'm watching it right now)

message 35: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

(Nice-you lucky duck)

message 36: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments ((lol i saw it last week :D))

message 37: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

((GAH! stop making me want to watch it...oh never mind I always want to))

message 38: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments ((lol. do we all agree that its the best out of the three? lol))

"then what shall we die for?"
Elizabeth, POTC 3

message 39: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

((What Two Towers? I think Fellowship is the best. But i love TT))

((*thinks of adequate quote*))

message 40: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments ((lol, i love quoting, but it is kinda hard to think up the perfect one to keep the conversation going :D))

message 41: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (last edited Aug 10, 2011 08:59AM) (new)

((It is!))

"True Love's Kiss."

Giselle, enchanted

message 42: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

((I always thought it was Giselle...))

message 43: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments ((It is. :) lolz))

message 44: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

((Who cares. :D))

(I fixed it...Happy?)

message 45: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments ((hahah yep!))

message 46: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

((It really didn't matter to me... But Giselle is so much prettier to write in cursive.))

message 47: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

Hehe it is.

message 48: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments "what the hell is this?"
[Septimus to Captain Shakespeare in Stardust]

message 49: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

((Ahhahahahahaha, I love, love, love that part! And the whole movie!))

"O Captain my Captain!"

Dead Poet Society.

message 50: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

“Raoul: Age and treachery!
Neal: Youth and skill!”

Trickster's Choice

((I shoulda done this thing a long time ago))

« previous 1 3