The Sword and Laser discussion

George R.R. Martin Threads > How Will You Spend Your Last Day?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments Tomorrow is the day, for many of us.

How will you spend today? I plan to clear some space in my living room, put on a pot of tea and listen to some ocean sounds. Maybe make peace with my transgressors.

What about you? Anything special planned?

message 2: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (new)

Jlawrence | 960 comments Mod
Desperately trying to finish Feast for Crows!

(It's hopeless, I'll be joining the DwD discussion late...)

message 3: by Nicolai (new)

Nicolai (nemoi) | 47 comments I worked all day and will now go to bed. Although I have about 7 hours in my audiobook of Feast for Crows left, I am really looking forward to starting a dance with dragons directly tomorrow morning. Feels like christmas - only one night of sleep left ;)

See you on the other side tomorrow!

message 4: by Anne (new)

Anne Schüßler (anneschuessler) | 834 comments I'm curious as to when the book will appear on my Kindle, so I would love to stay up until midnight, but I'm way too tired, so I just may fall asleep soon.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate O'Hanlon (kateohanlon) | 778 comments I spent the day in work, but I phoned the airport bookshop to check that they'd have DwD in stock. They Won't! I spent a while furiously calculating whether I could hit the indie bookshop in town without missing my flight, then they announced on twitter that they'd be opening an hour early to facilitate people buying the book before work.

/hug your local independent bookseller today

message 6: by Been (new)

Been | 125 comments Anne wrote: "I'm curious as to when the book will appear on my Kindle, so I would love to stay up until midnight, but I'm way too tired, so I just may fall asleep soon."

The Wise Man's Fear appeared a minute or two after midnight for me. So unless this one ends up being different for some reason, being in Europe doesn't make a difference to when you get it.