Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (Buddy Reads) > The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie [Buddy Read]

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by KimKirt (last edited Jul 11, 2011 06:20AM) (new)

KimKirt | 1638 comments Amanda, Heather & Kim's (and anyone else who wants to join) Buddy Read discussion on:

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) by Jennifer Ashley

message 2: by Heather (last edited Jul 11, 2011 02:38PM) (new)

Heather (messybar) | 189 comments Thanks for setting this up Kim! Starting this interesting story now.
At work, but I plan on starting when I get home tonight.

message 3: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments There's already a thread for this book here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5...

Would you ladies want to revive that one instead?

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda D. (tinyminx) | 634 comments Either thread is fine with me, Rossy!

Also, I'm about three chapters in but, good lord, Ian Mackenzie works fast.

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 189 comments IKR, Amanda? Just starting chapter 4 now. He is a very compelling character, to say the least.

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda D. (tinyminx) | 634 comments So...I just finished it. >.<

(view spoiler)

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 189 comments Wow that was fast, Amanda! lol
I'm only a third of the way done. Didn't get as much reading done as I wanted last night. How did you like it?

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda D. (tinyminx) | 634 comments I stayed up later than I should have to finish it. I really enjoyed it, especially Beth. It's not too often that you have a historical romance where the heroine isn't afraid to fully give in to feelings of lust/desire.

Unfortunately, my library does not have the next book, Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage or I'd rush right out to get it. I'm a sucker for second-chances stories.

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 189 comments I'm really loving this independent and self-assured Beth too. Ian is the most unique male lead I've read in a while, which I'm quite enjoying.

message 10: by KimKirt (new)

KimKirt | 1638 comments I think all the hype about the book is leaving me a bit disappointed. I'm about halfway through and liking it a bit more then I did the first third of the book.

Yes, they do work fast don't they?

message 11: by KimKirt (new)

KimKirt | 1638 comments I haven't viewed your spoiler yet, Amanda. I will when I'm done with the book. :-)

message 12: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Seeing as you guys have already started your discussion, i'll just let the ladies in the other thread know that they can come here, and i'll be deleting the other one.

*In the meantime, i'll be transferring their earlier posts from the other thread here.

message 13: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments message 1: by Pam Jun 07, 2011 03:13pm
Moulin and I are doing a buddy read of The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley. Emily may join in and anyone else who still hasn't read this book.

message 14: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments message 2: by Pam Jun 07, 2011 03:22pm
I began this book last night. But I like the two main characters.

message 15: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments message 3: by Pam Jun 08, 2011 05:55pm
Not sure I've ever had a hero on the autism spectrum in a historical before. Interesting

message 16: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments message 4: by Pam Jun 09, 2011 07:17pm
I love how practical Beth is.

message 17: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments message 5: by moulin Jun 11, 2011 08:03am
Catching up to you guys! Will post soon!

message 18: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments message 6: by Carolyn F. Jun 11, 2011 06:09pm
I think I'll read this with you buys too.

message 19: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments message 7: by Pam Jun 12, 2011 07:27am
The more the merrier! I've finished but I'll let you guys catch up before I comment.

message 20: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments message 8: by moulin Jun 13, 2011 09:41pm
delay in delivery but should get the book soon. frustrating!

message 21: by KimKirt (new)

KimKirt | 1638 comments Thanks, Rossy! Sorry, didn't realize there were two here.

message 22: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments LOL! Not a problem Kim, i figure it would happen.

message 23: by Amanda (new)

Amanda D. (tinyminx) | 634 comments My spoiler isn't a huge spoiler or anything. More of a comment on Ian's condition.

message 24: by Heather (last edited Jul 13, 2011 07:18AM) (new)

Heather (messybar) | 189 comments Finished last night. While I thought both main characters were unique and interesting, the overall tone of the book felt disjointed (not sure that completely explains it). Loved the characters of Cam and Daniel, so I probably will continue with the series, just not going to rush to do so.
3.5 stars from me

message 25: by KimKirt (new)

KimKirt | 1638 comments Give me a push guys! I can't seem to get back into it. About halfway through and just not connecting with the characters.

message 26: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 189 comments I thought Ian towards the end made up for some of the difficulty I had in connecting with him, so I say keep going and you'll see what I'm talking about.

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda D. (tinyminx) | 634 comments The characters were fine to me in terms of connection and relation. But the progress of the story did feel a tad disjointed like you mentioned, Heather, but for me, the characters overshadowed whatever bumps in the road the tone had. Some things happened rather quickly.

message 28: by KimKirt (new)

KimKirt | 1638 comments Okay, about 3/4 the way thru! It's my "lunch hour" book. Hope to finish this week!

message 29: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 189 comments Glad you're sticking with it Kim!

message 30: by KimKirt (new)

KimKirt | 1638 comments I gave it 1 star. Sorry! :( It just didn't do it for me. I think I got caught up in all the type and expected a lot out of the book. Ah well! Thanks for the push to get thru it!

message 31: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 189 comments Sorry you didn't enjoy it. Had some books like that myself this month. Hope the next book you pick up is a winner!