Aussie Readers discussion

You and Your Books! > Up & Coming New Releases

Comments Showing 1-50 of 776 (776 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

message 1: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Apr 26, 2017 12:39AM) (new)

Brenda | 70424 comments Mod
Please note: authors are not to promote their own books in this thread - if you want to promote your books then please do so in the authors thread.

I just found some new releases by authors I love, and I thought it'd be good to have a thread where everyone can list any new releases they hear of, so others can check them out!

I'll start with mine:

Kill Alex Cross Sept 11
Kill Me If You Can Sept 11
Prey: A Novel Sept 11
Flash and Bones Sept 11
The Race Sept 11
The Affair Oct 11
Lethal Oct 11
New York to Dallas Sept 11
The Briny Cafe Sept 11
Now You See Her August 11

message 2: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
The Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak
11/22/1963, A Novel by Stephan King
Everfound by Neal Shusterman

message 3: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Jul 11, 2011 09:51PM) (new)

Polk wrote: "The only novel I'm looking forward to at the moment is Haruki Murakami's new one 1Q84 which is out here in November."

1Q84..there you go Polk:)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini which is out in November...I'm a little excited :D

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Very good to know Melanie. My daughter will be very pleased.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I am sooo excited!

message 7: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Thanks Melanie:)

message 8: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Jul 14, 2011 10:10PM) (new)

At the Mercy of the Queen: A Novel of Anne Boleyn January 2012. An historical novel.

message 9: by Dhitri (new)

Dhitri Brenda wrote: "Polk wrote: "The only novel I'm looking forward to at the moment is Haruki Murakami's new one 1Q84 which is out here in November."

1Q84..there you go Polk:)"

One of my favourite authors! I am excited!

message 10: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Yes!! Will be so good!!

message 11: by Belinda. (new)

Belinda. Hamilton (belindahamilton) | 23 comments October 2011. Angel Arias by Marianne de Pierres Book two in the Night Creatures Trilogy. First book in the trilogy is Burn Bright

message 12: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Ooohh!! Thanks Belinda...:)

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (fictional_fantasy) | 18 comments Belinda. wrote: "October 2011. Angel Arias by Marianne de Pierres Book two in the Night Creatures Trilogy. First book in the trilogy is Burn Bright"

I'm looking forward to Angel Arias too Belinda :)

message 14: by Rachel (last edited Jul 19, 2011 03:57PM) (new)

Rachel (fictional_fantasy) | 18 comments Carmel wrote: "YA books newly released:
Ripple by Mandy Hubbard..."

I have had Ripple on my watch list for soooo long, I'm glad I'm finally going to be able to read it :)

message 15: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Love all these new releases:)

message 16: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Jul 28, 2011 08:21PM) (new)

A whole list of new releases from Australian authors showing on Boomerang Books website http://feeds.feedburner.com/Boomerang...

message 17: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

The Shattering by Aussie Karen Healey is a new title with the story based in New Zealand. http://content.boomerangbooks.com.au/...

message 18: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

message 19: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) Stephen King needs to slow down

message 20: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

More New Releases... YA

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (23/8/11) The first book in Richelle Mead's brand-new teen fiction series - set in the same world as Vampire Academy.

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore (23/8/11)

Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles (16/8/11)

Hades by Alexandra Adornetto (30/8/11)

One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost (30/8/11)

message 21: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Knowledge Lost wrote: "Stephen King needs to slow down"

Can't keep up KL? LOL Did you read the blurb...it sounds really good?

message 22: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) Yeah I did, but doesn't his other book come out soon too

message 23: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Knowledge Lost wrote: "Yeah I did, but doesn't his other book come out soon too"

What is that one called?

message 25: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Aug 06, 2011 08:25PM) (new)

Knowledge Lost wrote: "11/22/63: A Novel"

Aahh! Thanks, I'd forgotten that one;D *sees where Jess put it in earlier* That isn't released till the end of November though, so that's ok!

message 26: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4299 comments Hmmm...Kite Runner graphic novel..interesting! Placed that on my TBR!

message 27: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Laura wrote: "Hmmm...Kite Runner graphic novel..interesting! Placed that on my TBR!"

Thought you might:)

message 28: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) finally a book I've been waiting for;

Double Dexter - October 2011

message 29: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Knowledge Lost wrote: "finally a book I've been waiting for;

Double Dexter - October 2011"

Looks good KL..what are the first ones like? Is it a good series?

message 30: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) I love the series

message 31: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Alley (traceya) | 485 comments True story - What About the Boy? A Father's Pledge to His Disabled Son by Stephen Gallup and of course my own newest release Slade's Destiny: Book Three of the Witchcraft Wars the final in the trilogy.

message 32: by Bobbi-Jo (new)

Bobbi-Jo Wise | 5 comments After just finishing the fallen angel series from JR Ward I am so looking forward to
Envy Sept 11

Plus
Even though I dont do bio's i am really looking forward to Me of the Never Never, i really think that this would be a good read! I really like her as a comedian, so it should be fun

message 33: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Thanks for that Bobbi-Jo, I have just updated the information about Fiona O'Loughlin's new book for you:)

message 34: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 33 comments Can I suggest this book by a wonderful friend of mine who I went to school with. The book is about her experiences as an aid worker from 9/11 to Sri Lanka after the tsunami. She is currently working in Haiti, she has lived there in a tent since a few weeks after the quake. I'm afraid I haven't read the book myself, nor have I seen the award winning movie of the same name that she made, I intend to, but at the moment I get to see a lot about her work through her Facebook updates.
The Third Wave A Volunteer Story by Alison Thompson

message 35: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Danielle wrote: "Can I suggest this book by a wonderful friend of mine who I went to school with. The book is about her experiences as an aid worker from 9/11 to Sri Lanka after the tsunami. She is currently workin..."

Thanks Danielle, I have added it to my TBR list:) Sounds really good.

message 36: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments Neil Gaiman says that he has two new books coming out. One for adults, one for children. No idea what they're about. But I'm still excited.

And Markus Zusak's new book comes out next month!!!! I'm sooo excited. Can't wait.

message 37: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

★ Jess wrote: "Neil Gaiman says that he has two new books coming out. One for adults, one for children. No idea what they're about. But I'm still excited.

And Markus Zusak's new book comes out next month!!!! I'..."

That's odd about Markus Zusak's new book The Bridge of Clay ...I still can't find a cover of it, and next month isn't far away!!

message 38: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Aug 17, 2011 08:07PM) (new)

I just found this answer to a question of the release date, which was written a week ago... Markus has said on twitter that he's still working on writing it. So it won't be out for a long time- definitely not September.
I can't wait to read it. His other books are incredible.
Source(s):
http://twitter.com/#!/markus_zusak

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...

message 39: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Sarah Thornhill is due to be released on 29/8/11. It's the sequel to the Secret River.

Sarah Thornhill  by Kate Grenville

message 40: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments I think they made a mistake Carmel.....according to the other book sites it should be 304 pages not 1304.

message 41: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkiholly) This is a great thread! Here is what is currently on my wishlist on bookdepository.com ready to be preordered. As usual with preorders, most are 25% off...
Lola and the Boy Next Door Hardback AUD$12.02 Published: 29 Sep 2011
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer Hardback AUD$12.02 Published: 27 Sep 2011
Shatter Me Hardback AUD$12.73 Published: 15 Nov 2011
Sweetly Hardback AUD$11.38 Published: 06 Oct 2011
The Iron Knight Hardback AUD$14.76 Published: 25 Oct 2011

message 42: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Aug 22, 2011 09:07PM) (new)

Mish wrote: "I think they made a mistake Carmel.....according to the other book sites it should be 304 pages not 1304."

Just went and had a look Mish...it actually had 304 when I hit edit, but they also had put edition 1, which is why it looked like 1,304! It said Hardcover, 1, 304.....so I deleted the edition 1, now it just shows 304 pages:)

message 43: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Thanks for fixing it Brenda....it doesn't look so scary now LOL :D

message 44: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Mish wrote: "Thanks for fixing it Brenda....it doesn't look so scary now LOL :D"

lol..haha!!

message 45: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments Brenda wrote: "I just found this answer to a question of the release date, which was written a week ago... Markus has said on twitter that he's still working on writing it. So it won't be out for a long time- def..."

Major Sadface.

message 46: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

★ Jess wrote: "Brenda wrote: "I just found this answer to a question of the release date, which was written a week ago... Markus has said on twitter that he's still working on writing it. So it won't be out for a..."

Agreed!!!!

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Released, this is the black & white version, the colour one will follow soon.

http://www.amazon.com/Out-Australia-D...

message 48: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Well done..congratulations David:)

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you Brenda, both versions of my book are now available, here is the direct link.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_...

message 50: by Prue (new)

Prue Prue wrote: "A Thousand Glass Flowers by Prue Batten" Just released two days ago.

One Goodreads review and two on Amazon and am thrilled with the straplines offered for the cover by Anna Elliott, author of The Avalon Trilogy and by Ann Swinfen, author of In Defence of Fantasy.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16