Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Achive of OLD posts > ***August BOM Nominations***

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Jul 13, 2011 05:19PM) (new)

Adele (turtil) | 1767 comments Mod
August. Wow, time has gone quickly this year.
well by now you should know what to do. but for our newer members.
to nominate a book to read for our BOM. you simply suggest a book that you would like the group to read and discuss.

make sure you have the books name and author(it will make the poll easier to do).

and if it is a series please put the first one of the series, unless we have already read the series in a recent previous BOM.(No more that 4 months please.)

Lastly please Nominate One book only.(this makes the poll results clearer).

so please join in on the fun!

We are currently reading Evermore by Alyson Noel. If you have previously read this and would love to tell us what you think about it(or if you want to join in on the group read).
Please Follow the link and post your comment.
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5...

message 2: by Lea-Ellen (new)

Lea-Ellen (lea-ellen_night_owl_in_il) I'd like to nominate the new release of Leanore Elliott titled Revealed by Leanore Elliott 'Revealed'

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth Price-Almeida (bethprice-almeida) | 4 comments I think we would enjoy Salem Moon by Scarlet Black.

message 4: by Adele, Moderator (new)

both very good choices. Thanks for nominating! don't forget to look out for the poll next week!

message 5: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (writeralicia) I nominate Sabriel, by Garth Nix.

message 6: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright I nominate If Angels Burn (Darkyn, #1) by Lynn Viehl

message 7: by Angela (new)

message 8: by Adele, Moderator (new)

this is going to be a very interesting poll. i know i'll have a few more on my TBR when i do the poll that's for sure!

message 9: by Justine (new)

Justine Saulnier (goodreadscombookworm247) | 46 comments I nominate everlasting by Alyson Noel

message 10: by April (new)

April Inman (illustratergirl) | 64 comments Justine wrote: "I nominate everlasting by Alyson Noel"

I second that nominate...

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie I nominate The Vampire Academy by Richaelle Mead!

message 12: by Alicia (last edited Jul 13, 2011 02:54PM) (new)

Alicia (writeralicia) Everlasting is the sixth in a series, and the group has only read book one, as far as I can tell. Does this book qualify to be the August BOM?

message 13: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Jul 13, 2011 05:19PM) (new)

Gosh i missed that, Thanks Alicia for picking that up(i would have picked it up when doing the poll, by then it's too late!).

No it doesn't qualify as a nomination for the BOM.
but the 2nd book does.

@April and Justine you can either nominate the second book or choose another book. which one would you like to do? at this stage your nomination will not count, until you get back to me that is.

@Katie, we have already read Vampire academy, if you are wanting to read it as a greoup. pop into the buddy reads area and you will find a buddy read there! would you like to nominate something else?

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 5 comments Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler

if you have read Tempest rising already then Covet by JR Ward

message 15: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Jul 19, 2011 05:32PM) (new)

To check out what we have read.go to the groups bookshelf. There you will find a shelf named BOM and it has all the past BOM'S on it. Alternatively,
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5...
this link has all the books we have read as a group for the BOM.
ok, so it needs updating. it's on my to do list. :o)

EDIT: Now it is off my to do list! It is now a current list of what we have read!

message 17: by Yaz (new)

Yaz I nominate Pale Demon (The Hollows #9) by Kim Harrison I love Kim Harrison's Hollows series and this is the latest addition.

message 18: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Gates (koolaid) I nominate Betrayed by MOrgan Rice Betrayed (Book #3 in the Vampire Journals) by Morgan Rice

message 19: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube I nominate Bloodlines by Richelle Mead.

message 20: by Twinkle (new)

Twinkle (twinklesmile) I Nominate The Iron King By julie kagawa :)

message 21: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Twinklesmile wrote: "I Nominate The Iron King By julie kagawa :)"

We have Already read that as a group. Would you like to make another Choice?

message 22: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (writeralicia) Yasmeen wrote: "I nominate Pale Demon (The Hollows #9) by Kim Harrison I love Kim Harrison's Hollows series and this is the latest addition."

I don't think the previous The Hollows books have been read by the group yet.

message 23: by Twinkle (new)

Twinkle (twinklesmile) Adele wrote: "Twinklesmile wrote: "I Nominate The Iron King By julie kagawa :)"

We have Already read that as a group. Would you like to make another Choice?"

ok... well i'll nominate The Infernal Device series #1 The Clockwork Angel :)

message 24: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Jul 20, 2011 05:35AM) (new)

i'm doing the poll ..like... right now. i will put number 1 of the hollows series down.

its not the first time i've had to do this(replace nomination) and i don't think it will be the last :o)
i just hate replacing nominations.

message 25: by Beth (new)

Beth Price-Almeida (bethprice-almeida) | 4 comments Where is the poll so we can see who is ahead?

message 26: by Adele, Moderator (new)

at the bottom of the homepage.

message 27: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Ah Crap Voting has ended..... Time to announce the winner!

results here:
http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/52...

message 28: by Beth (new)

Beth Price-Almeida (bethprice-almeida) | 4 comments Adele wrote: "at the bottom of the homepage."

Thank you. One more question for you, is there way to post events at my blog for you all to see?

Fangs for the Fantasy | 6 comments Yasmeen wrote: "I nominate Pale Demon (The Hollows #9) by Kim Harrison I love Kim Harrison's Hollows series and this is the latest addition."

I just wanted to pop in and say that I have read Pale Demon and it without a doubt one of my fave books in the genre. The story is so subtle and so well written. It's the kind of book that when you get to the last few pages you start to slow down, trying to stretch it out because you don't want it to end.

message 30: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Beth wrote: "Adele wrote: "at the bottom of the homepage."

Thank you. One more question for you, is there way to post events at my blog for you all to see?"

Beth, sorry about the late reply,
i'm trying to set up an area for book bloggers such as yourself.
but for the moment if you want to just create a new topic in the members work folder.
I'll move it into the new area once i have set it up.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.