THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Linking reviews to other places

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Owen | 19 comments On a wish list, it would be great to be able to link a review to Twitter or our blog or other web sites. I guess we can do that manually, but it would be nice to be able to share those reviews and somehow drive traffic for new members back to Goodreads.

message 2: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (rowenacherry) | 86 comments Goodreads reviews already do show up on Half.com, sometimes on Amazon and credited to Goodreads.

Be careful what you wish for, because scurrilous, malicious Goodreads reviews by persons who have not read the book they are reviewing will also show up in other places.

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Owen | 19 comments Good point. I had one of those by a guy for one of my women's fiction novel. Just gave a 3 star rating and I know he didn't read it.

I don't want it to be pushed out automatically, but as an option to tweet or FB. Thanks.

message 4: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown | 276 comments Katherine wrote: "Good point. I had one of those by a guy for one of my women's fiction novel. Just gave a 3 star rating and I know he didn't read it.

I don't want it to be pushed out automatically, but as an opti..."

Users have a one-button option to publish their reviews to twitter, facebook, blogger, wordpress, and a few other places.

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Owen | 19 comments Okay, got it. But, I, as the author cannot publish their review to twitter, Facebook, et al... Correct? That is what I was hoping for.

Thanks,

Katherine

message 6: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown | 276 comments Katherine wrote: "Okay, got it. But, I, as the author cannot publish their review to twitter, Facebook, et al... Correct? That is what I was hoping for.

Thanks,

Katherine"

On the review page, you can use the Facebook "Like" button, but there is no automated way to post it to Twitter. The only person who can post to Twitter in an automated manner is the author of the review.

message 7: by Beth (new)

Beth | 11 comments Goodreads reviews also show up on the Worldcat interlibrary loan system for books.

message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Owen | 19 comments Beth, thanks for letting me know about the Worldcat Interlibrary loan system. I did not know about that one.