The Sword and Laser discussion

Scifi / Fantasy News > Thomas Dolby's new steampunk album/game trailer

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments I really have to watch Howard the Duck again. I had the biggest crush on Lea Thompson.

message 3: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (new)

Jlawrence | 960 comments Mod
Nice, I like the idea of a game where you scavenge shorelines for steampunk-y artifacts, and I've always liked Dolby's penchant for sci-fi.

aldenoneil, I salute your bravery for wanting to re-experience Howard the Duck.

message 4: by Sean (new)

Sean O'Hara (seanohara) | 2365 comments I'd rather have the Human League to a post-singularity album.

message 5: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (new)

Jlawrence | 960 comments Mod
Or Gary Numan to do a cyberspace/urban fantasy mashup double CD? Wait, he probably has at some point...

message 6: by Curt (new)

Curt Taylor (meegeek) | 107 comments Is anyone else from S&L exploring on A Map of the Floating Cities? It is actually pretty fun. As you get achievements you get download codes for Thomas Dolby music. Check it out, crowd sourced fantasy.

message 7: by AndrewP (new)

AndrewP (andrewca) | 2471 comments If you are into SteamPunk music, then check out the band http://www.abneypark.com/ they are probably one of the premier Steampunk bands and they certainly have a very distinctive look and sound.
They also have a pen-and-paper RPG game available.

message 8: by Noel (new)

Noel Baker | 364 comments I had no idea there was such a thing as steam punk music. What other sort of music does it sound like? is it the similar to ordinary Punk?

message 9: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6196 comments Noel wrote: "I had no idea there was such a thing as steam punk music. What other sort of music does it sound like? is it the similar to ordinary Punk?"

They play drums, but they wear goggles while they do it.

message 10: by Noel (new)

Noel Baker | 364 comments Hehehe, that conjures up all sorts of funny images in my head. With dwarves.

message 11: by AndrewP (new)

AndrewP (andrewca) | 2471 comments Noel wrote: "I had no idea there was such a thing as steam punk music. What other sort of music does it sound like? is it the similar to ordinary Punk?"

Most of the ones I know of are more New Age and definitely not very punk like. Check out this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycXIY...

message 12: by Sean (new)

Sean O'Hara (seanohara) | 2365 comments I'd go with Luminescent Orchestrii.