A Song of Ice & Fire Fans discussion

Jon Snow Theory (spoilers book 4)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maja (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments Ok, don't read ahead if you haven read book 4! SPOILER ALERT

So I have a theory about Jon. I am sorry if this was posted before already, but I thought it might be an interesting thing. So he switched Gilly's baby for Mance's baby to save Mance's baby from Melisandre...

What if Ned did the same for him? Not that he switched Jon for another kid, but he took him as his own to protect him... because he is Lilliana's and Rhaegar's son...

But even if that were true, how will we ever find out the truth if everyone that know the truth is dead? Maybe he really is just some bastard, but I love Jon and I hope he has a great role in this whole game.

message 2: by Clark (new)

Clark Coston (tesko) | 44 comments Maja wrote: "But even if that were true, how will we ever find out the truth if everyone that know the truth is dead?"

I've been wondering the same. I've resigned to the fact that we might never know. I think it's a good chance that protecting Jon was the promise Lyanna pleaded for from Ned. Also, if Jon is Lyanna and Rhaegar's, he's still a bastard.

I'm prepared for some major shift concerning Jon in ADWD.

message 3: by Maja (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments It would suck if we never found out the truth about him just because everyone that knew it was dead... Or if someone finds out the truth, but Jon never gets to know it...

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Azinger | 256 comments I agree. This is one riddle that GRRM has to answer!

message 5: by Maja (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments This is kind of interesting...

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/FAQ/E...

message 6: by Maja (last edited Jul 11, 2011 07:30PM) (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments I know this is not about Jon, but (SPOILERS book 4)

Arya is now blind??? Is it part of her training or is it her punishment for killing Dareon? (Which, btw, I thought was awesome!)

message 7: by Maja (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments I find it funny how Cersei thinks that it will be Tyrion that kills her, not even considering it might be Jaime... And how she thinks it is Margaery the younger queen that will take everything from her... not even knowing it might be Dany.
I mean, she might be right in the end, but I think she will be wrong and very surprised when the prophecy comes true and it was not the way she was thinking.

message 8: by Liz (new)

Liz | 45 comments And it might not even be either of them. If Myrcella is crowned, she would also be a younger queen. Although, I do think that that is a really far-fetched thought.

message 9: by Maja (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments But, you might be right there Liz. You never know. I just don't think she is right in thinking it has to be Tyrion and Margaery.

message 10: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Hulse (book_worm526) | 2 comments Maja wrote: "But even if that were true, how will we ever find out the truth if everyone that know the truth is dead? Maybe he really is just some bastard, but I love Jon and I hope he has a great role in this whole game."

Everyone seems to be forgetting the likely possiblity that Howland Reed, bannerman to House Stark, gaurdian of the Neck, knows who Jon's mom is.

message 11: by Lina (new)

Lina (lcyberlina) | 44 comments Nelta wrote: "Maja wrote: "But even if that were true, how will we ever find out the truth if everyone that know the truth is dead? Maybe he really is just some bastard, but I love Jon and I hope he has a great ..."

Yes, but no one knows where he is or can find his "dissapearing" castle, so I don't know how Jon will ever find out. Unless Jojen and Meera know something too.

message 12: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Hulse (book_worm526) | 2 comments Lina wrote: "Nelta wrote: "Maja wrote: "But even if that were true, how will we ever find out the truth if everyone that know the truth is dead? Maybe he really is just some bastard, but I love Jon and I hope h..."

But the children that are with Bran heading North know the way. :)

message 13: by Arianne (new)

Arianne  (biatchwithwifi) Nelta wrote: "Maja wrote: "But even if that were true, how will we ever find out the truth if everyone that know the truth is dead? Maybe he really is just some bastard, but I love Jon and I hope he has a great ..."

Totally agree with this one. Howland Reed is the key to Jon (and possibly Aegon's) secrets. Either he will be an active character in the succeeding books or some prophecy or vision will lead to the discovery of Jon's lineage.

message 14: by Maja (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments I wonder if GRRM reads forums where people speculate about the ending and such and gets the ideas from that. :)

message 15: by Arianne (new)

Arianne  (biatchwithwifi) Maja wrote: "I wonder if GRRM reads forums where people speculate about the ending and such and gets the ideas from that. :)"

Or he might be reading it to know which characters the fans favors and so he can kill them off. Oh GRRM you are one cruel and savage god!

grrm

message 16: by Lina (new)

Lina (lcyberlina) | 44 comments Arianne wrote: "Maja wrote: "I wonder if GRRM reads forums where people speculate about the ending and such and gets the ideas from that. :)"

Or he might be reading it to know which characters the fans favors and..."

totally cruel :( Mercy!!

message 17: by Roshio (new)

Roshio | 6 comments Arianne wrote: "Maja wrote: "I wonder if GRRM reads forums where people speculate about the ending and such and gets the ideas from that. :)"

Or he might be reading it to know which characters the fans favors and..."

lol great pic! He's probably chuckling away to himself as he reads all our theories.

message 18: by Amber (new)

Amber (ivorydoom) | 835 comments Maja wrote: "This is kind of interesting...

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/FAQ/E..."

Pretty good article. But didnt like how they just ruled out Ser Arthur Dayne because he was a respected Knight.

So was Jamie Lanister til he stuck it in the kings back.