The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Favorite character????

Comments Showing 1-50 of 275 (275 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Juliet (last edited Jul 10, 2011 07:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Juliet I absolutely loved Katniss Everdeen, but only in the first two books. She lost some of her awesomeness in the last one. I also love Haymitch.

Sandy Although I guess he's not a major character Cinna is my favorite. He is intelligent, thoughtful and courageous, doing what he can to influence through his talent. He is subtle even though his costume designs are not. Katniss would not have succeeded without his contribution.

Jennifer I love Gale!

Natasha Maxwell I love Peeta!! He loved Katniss for better and worse. His love was so strong that even after his memories were tampered with, he still grew to lover her again.

Kimberly Wallace Hmm, this is a hard question! Its hard to say who I liked better, Gale or Peeta. I liked Gale and I felt so sorry for him when he went to live in district 2 and Katniss stayed with Peeta. But I liked Peeta because of his personality and how he treated Katniss. I think these are horrid books, but I love them so much!! They're great lol! :D ;)

Debra Driza Cinna really WAS an awesome character! I also loved Peeta...and Katniss was easy to cheer for, too---tough yet flawed.

Really, Collins did an amazing job creating multi-faceted characters.....

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Gale all the way. He was himself and the last book didnt quite give him justice . It didnt quite satisfy me anr i still wonder what has happened to him but anyway... GO GALE!!!

Jacob Mitchell I agree with Sandy. Cinna was easily my favorite.

Jazz I loved Katniss in all three books. But, my favorite character was Peeta, because he was such a sweetheart.

message 10: by Lindsey (last edited Jul 12, 2011 02:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindsey Popich How could you not love Rue?? She was only in the first book for a little while but I totally fell in love.

Nickolina I adored Peeta. He was so loyal to Katniss just like all men should be to their woman!

Juliet Lindsey wrote: "How could you not love Rue?? She was only in the first book for a little while but I totally fell in love."

agreed

Steve Chaput I guess my favorite, if you mean likable and someone to root for, would be Peeta. Certainly the most selfless of the characters, although not without some faults.

If you mean the character I found the most interesting I have to go with Haymitch. You never know what the guy is thinking and what he is planning for his own benefit.

Lydia Peeta was my fav!!!!! Especially when he cared so much about Katniss and was so sweet! But in the second book i think is when he really grew a backbone and started standing up to people and taking a little more charge! He really grew for the better! Which is why i fell apart after what happened to him in the capitol in Mockingjay!!! But Peeta is by far the best he's so loyal and kind! Cina is pretty awesome 2!

message 15: by Amy (last edited Jul 12, 2011 07:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I have to agree on the Rue comments. Haymitch was a favorite too.

Kimberly Wallace Lindsey wrote: "How could you not love Rue?? She was only in the first book for a little while but I totally fell in love."

I agree!! I felt so freakin bad when she died. She was so sweet!

Natalie Cinna, Peeta, and Finnick were my favorites, though not necessarily in that order.
Dunno if we're including people from CF and MJ but there it is...
Gotta love Katniss and Rue and everyone else, though. All the characters were pretty amazing.

Ashley I can' pick a a favorite i loved them all. Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Finnick, Rue, Haymitch, Cinna all of them Plus the one's i didn't mention

Brianna I liked Katniss in the beginning but as book two and especially book three she, to me, became very weak. She was barely supportive and everyone looked to her for help and every time she was either crying or having a mental breakdown...it was becoming very annoying. But it made me love the other characters more; Peeta, Gale(he should have fought for Katniss harder),and Rue.

Kimberly Wallace Natalie wrote: "Cinna, Peeta, and Finnick were my favorites, though not necessarily in that order.
Dunno if we're including people from CF and MJ but there it is...
Gotta love Katniss and Rue and everyone else, th..."

I absolutely LOVED Finnick. I cant believe, right after he finally found Annie and he married her, that he was killed. How come no one has mentioned Prim? I hated when she died too. Stupid Coin.

message 21: by Grace (last edited Jul 14, 2011 07:30AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Grace prim was my favorite character i also thought peeta was really sweet

Kimberly Wallace Grace wrote: "prim was my favorite character"

Hehe thank you!! I loved Prim too. :)

Sheri wow tough question so many great characters and written so you feel like you got to know them. mine was Peeta ao sweet and sincere.

Claudia prim , rue , katniss , BUTTERCUP!!!!

Claudia yes prim's cat is the best

Maddie Haymitch. Sarcastic, Drunk. What more could you want. I also liked Rue and MAGS!!!! Mags was awesome. And as always, the awesomely awesome Finnick

message 27: by MizziQ (last edited Jul 15, 2011 07:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

MizziQ Maddie wrote: "Haymitch. Sarcastic, Drunk."

Haha! I love it!

Elizabeth Peeta, Rue, Haymich, Prim, and I LOVED Finnick!!!! OMG he was awesome and who is going to be Finnick in the movie? I think it should be Liam Hemsworth since he didn't get "Peeta"

Lenin Finnick, I've always been on the whoring end.

maddie lol hahahahahahahaha lmao. i think him or peeta...maybe katniss but i enjoy the high range of love he has

Taylor Simons I love Peeta the most and I also like Katniss. I was a bit jiffy with Katniss in the last book. She wasn't there.

maddie It seemed like sh wiz being friken controlled when she was about to take the pill... It was nightlock right((

Laura I liked them all. Cinna was truly awesome, Peeta was great, Gale was great. Oddly, I guess I liked Katniss least of all, but maybe that was because Collins let us get deep inside her head and we only saw how she sees herself. It's the other characters' views of her that really make her sympathetic. And, of course, how she volunteered to save her sister.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

GALE! but i dont hate peeta

maddie PEETA!!! i love the guy

Kimberly Wallace Elizabeth wrote: "Peeta, Rue, Haymich, Prim, and I LOVED Finnick!!!! OMG he was awesome and who is going to be Finnick in the movie? I think it should be Liam Hemsworth since he didn't get "Peeta""

Honestly, I don't think Liam Hemsworth would be a good Finnick. I imagine Finnick a big, blond, sexy muscular man, and don't think Liam Hemsworth fits that...ya know?

maddie Liam hemsworth got gale

message 38: by drew (new)

drew "Want a sugar cube?"
Why? Do you find this" -- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -- "distracting?"
"Do you find this...distracting?"

Were all said by one person. He married Annie, was in the 75th QQ, from District 4, he was. . . . . .Finnick!

maddie God he seems so dang hot... But def not my style.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah same.

Natalie He's way more than just hot, if you read Mockingjay. Finnick's had a really tough life, and I don't think people pay much attention to that because "he seems so dang hot."

Brianna maddie wrote: "Liam hemsworth got gale"

no he could be peeta!!!! maybe drew roy can be gale.

Brianna Natalie wrote: "He's way more than just hot, if you read Mockingjay. Finnick's had a really tough life, and I don't think people pay much attention to that because "he seems so dang hot.""

yea ur right.

Brianna maddie wrote: "PEETA!!! i love the guy"

lol who doesnt love him!!!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I love peeta but i love him less than gale

Melissa Elgersma Finnick is my favorite! So awesome!

April I love Peeta! He was so sweet and loved Katniss no matter what.

message 48: by Esma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Esma Asalıoğlu Gale

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! Finally a gale fan

Angel Peeta :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6