Creative Reviews discussion

Creative Reviews Giveaways!!! > 600 Memeber giveaway! Tell me your favorite book and win!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Hey guys! We have hit our 600 member mark!! Actually we are already over 600 which is insane! But so exciting, so as promised we are doing another giveaway!

And this one totally rocks! I want to win!

What's up for grabs? A $15 gift card from Amazon! Woo Hoo!
All you have to do is leave me your name here and tell us your favorite book!

The giveaway ends on July 24th and I will then announce the lucky winner.

Oh and there's just one more thing...you have to buy underwear with your gift card! LOL. Okay, you don't. You can buy whatever you want.

So what's your favorite book??

message 2: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
We will probably do a gift card giveaway every time we hit another 100 member mark. So if you don't happen to win this time, don't be sad! There will be another one when we reach 700, so make sure you are watching those numbers!

message 3: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Yay for free money!!

message 4: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Haha only one?? um...Tithe by Holly Black

message 5: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments I know right!! Its hard! I haven't read that one...

My favorite book is Intertwined (Intertwined, #1) by Gena Showalter and the second book is Unraveled (Intertwined, #2) by Gena Showalter and the third comes out August 30 and is Twisted (Intertwined #3) by Gena Showalter

I can add the whole series because it is ONE series and because I can't win the gift card! LOL

message 6: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Owen My favorite book is The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger because of the intensity of the love story and their wish to be together was so strong.

Katherine Owen
Author of Not To Us and Seeing Julia

message 7: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Thanks Katherine!! It sounds great! :)

message 8: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Ooh Stephen King! Don't you just wonder what its like inside his head??

message 9: by Mark (new)

Mark | 8 comments The Killing Kind by Bryan Smith.

message 10: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 1 comments mmmm.........favorite series is Sherrilyn Kenyon - Dark Hunters.....favorite book is currently Until Tuesday by Luis Montalvan

message 11: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Mark and Ellen- thanks for posting!

message 12: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 603 comments GAH!! Only one?? I love SO many books! OK, OK ... lemme think ... probably the book that was most influential for me, that gave me a lot of pleasure and sparked a new interest would be Peter the Great by Robert K. Massie by Robert K. Massie. Not only does it give information about Peter the Great (and his ancestors, beginning with Ivan the Terrible, IIRC), but it also gives information about the other great rulers of the time and his interactions with them. Massie is a master of description - when he described a Russian village, I swear I could hear the animals, the chatter of the crowds; see the things he was describing; smell the dung in the street - it was an amazing book! Unfortunately, it is in Montana; I should really get another copy ... :-) I'd like to re-read it someday soon.

message 13: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Shelby Foote's "The Civil War: A Narrative Volume 1".

It's not fiction, does that disqualify me? lol

This book is his heavily researched explanation of the events leading up to and the early stages of the American Civil War. The whole three book series should be required reading for any history buff, but the first book is the all important set up.

It's not fiction but it almost reads like it. Foote does a masterful job in fleshing out the personalities of historic figures.

Splitter

message 14: by Cambria (last edited Jul 11, 2011 10:50AM) (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments no problem Splitter! it can be fiction or non fiction! thanks for entering!
and Katy- Thanks for naming ONLY one. LOL!! It is hard though!

message 15: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 603 comments Cambria wrote: "no problem Splitter! it can be fiction or non fiction! thanks for entering!
and Katy- Thanks for naming ONLY one. LOL!! It is hard though!"

Yes ... can you imagine how long the post would have been if I'd named several and been so descriptive of them all? ;-)

message 16: by Amy Eye (new)

That is why I don't know if I can put just one favorite on here, or even three. There have been SO MANY ones out there! Looks like we are getting quite a good response in this! YEA! If we keep growing the way we have been, pretty soon, we will be doing this all over again!! :)

message 17: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Yay! This is fun and we are getting a great response!! Thanks to all our awesome members!!
And Katy- i think if we all put our most favorite books on here then GoodReads would crash! LOL

message 18: by Rogier (new)

Rogier (rorocapri) | 32 comments i can't choose 1 , there r so many good
oke her it go 'es
the best so far this year Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

and books i really want Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
and

message 19: by Rogier (new)

Rogier (rorocapri) | 32 comments and Wanting by M.L. Rhodes and Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate

message 20: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Thanks for posting Rogier!! I know a lot of people are waiting on Forever!!

message 21: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments I havent read wanting! What genre is it??

message 22: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 603 comments Rogier wrote: "i can't choose 1 , there r so many good
oke her it go 'es
the best so far this year Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

Thanks, Rogier ... I really needed to buy another book ... LOL Seriously, it sounds awesome, and I've also recommended it to my niece and my soul-sister.

message 23: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 713 comments Hi, my name is Cassie... *wave* ;-)

I seriously don't know what kind of twisted game you are playing by asking this group to name ONE favorite book... :-|

Ummmm... EEEEE... Weeeelllll...

I guess, I will go with an oldie... Pride and Prejudice

Can't go wrong with a little Jane, IMO!

:-)

message 24: by Lyle Scott (new)

Lyle Scott Lee | 5 comments Luncheon of the Boating Party by Susan Vreeland...today.

message 25: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 603 comments Lyle Scott Lee wrote: "Luncheon of the Boating Party by Susan Vreeland...today."

X-D Know that feeling!

message 26: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal Cassie wrote: "Ummmm... EEEEE... Weeeelllll...

I guess, I will go with an oldie... Pride and Prejudice

Can't go wrong with a little Jane, IMO!"

I am listening to P&P for the fifth time lol!

message 27: by Mysti (new)

Mysti Parker | 216 comments There are just SOO many to choose from, but I'll have to go with Jane Eyre. I think that book spurred my love of all things romantic, and set me on the course I'm on today :)

message 28: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Jane Eyre...yes. *Sigh* good answer. :)

message 29: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 713 comments Ditto...

message 30: by Cambria (last edited Jul 12, 2011 04:50PM) (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Well and since I am not in the running for this contest I can list a few more of my favorites. Here they are in addition to my absolute faves at the top.
Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones and Captivate (Need, #2) by Carrie Jones and Entice (Need, #3) by Carrie Jones
oh yeah and this one too: Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand

message 31: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 713 comments I also LOVE Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, almost everything by Philippa Gregory (Author), pretty much everything by Jane Austen... I know it is cliche too, but I really do love the Twilight series ;-)...

message 32: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Well twilight goes without saying!

message 33: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 713 comments Some people are determined to hate it, you know... sigh...

message 34: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments I know. :(

message 35: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Did anyone see the adaptation of Jane Eyre with Timothy Dalton as Rochester?
Fwoarrrr!

Mind, Jane was too pretty but still MORE than worth the watching!
JAC

message 36: by Mysti (new)

Mysti Parker | 216 comments Was that the most recent one? I have yet to see that one but I've seen several :)

message 37: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Is it the one with Anne Hathaway?

message 38: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Nah, a really old one. IMDB will show you:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085037/

JAC

PopcornReads - MkNoah (goodreadscompopcornreads) | 132 comments Merikay Noah: Usually whatever book I've just finished is my new favorite book. LOL Let's see. Wow, this is hard.

Of the 68 books I've read this year, it's close between 4-5 books but I'd have to say my favorite is (wait for it)

Rules of Civility by Amor Towles.

message 40: by Amy Eye (new)

Lots of great books on here! But I know we have plenty of readers out there who could go for some money to go buy some new books on Amazon!! :)

message 41: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 713 comments J.A. wrote: "Did anyone see the adaptation of Jane Eyre with Timothy Dalton as Rochester?
Fwoarrrr!

Mind, Jane was too pretty but still MORE than worth the watching!
JAC"

I've seen all the old ones I think. I haven't seen the newest one.

message 42: by Mysti (new)

Mysti Parker | 216 comments I watched the Timothy Dalton one on PBS I think. Good one

message 43: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 298 comments My absolute favorite book ever I read when I was 14, The Captains and The Kings, but I can't remember the author, and I've moved about 20 times since I was 14 and have lost my copy. Boo hiss. It was an epic novel about an Irish immigrant.

Not sure that one counts, so I'm going to say Peeps (Peeps #1) by Scott Westerfeld

I've read it many times!

message 44: by Maude (new)

Maude | 24 comments My favorite book is The Valley of Decision by Marcia Davenport, and a Pulitzer Prize Winner. Beginning in 1873 when sixteen year old Mary Rafferty arrived at the Scott household as a maid, this story will spread to Europe, WWII, and English royalty, and ends in 1947. It is also a passionate love story that is deep and never-ending. What is a constant in their lives is the Scott Ironworks. There are three sons and two daughters, all of whom have their own stories. But the book belongs to Mary Rafferty and Paul Scott. It is an entralling read and you will not be disappointed if you were to read it. It is definitely worth 5 stars!

message 45: by Maude (new)

Maude | 24 comments Dale, Captains and Kings, epic novel about Irish immigrant, was written by Taylor Caldwell. You should be able to look it up and get a copy if you want.

message 46: by Amy Eye (new)

Time is slowly running out everyone!! Tell us your favorite book and get entered in for a free gift card, no strings attached, come on people!! :)

message 47: by Denna (new)

Denna (dholm) | 3 comments The one that Stands out for me is Stephen King's "The Stand". I've read it at least four times now and will likely read it again down the road.

message 48: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Stephen King is a classic!! :)

message 49: by Bethany (new)

Bethany (lemonadeblues) Only one?! That's impossible. But since I'm greedy and want a chance to win, I will have to go with:
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

The layers of conflict in that book make me insanely happy. Well, sad, because it's not a happy story, but happy in the way you get when a book really grabs you, if you know what I mean? :)

message 50: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Yes, only one! LOL. that's the biggest complaint on here. Too many books to choose from but you did a great job!!

« previous 1