Girls only YA book club discussion

Books > The Duff

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Audrey, Read lots write lots how do I keep up!? (new)

Audrey (mintcat) | 1018 comments Mod
What did you think? The DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) by Kody Keplinger

message 2: by Alexei (new)

Alexei  (katara317) I got it!

message 3: by Audrey, Read lots write lots how do I keep up!? (new)

yay!

message 4: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 30 comments Mod
What did you guys think so far?

message 5: by Alexei (new)

Alexei  (katara317) Haven't gotten to it yet. Stuck in my imfamous Book Binds- too many hold books coming in!

message 6: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 30 comments Mod
haha that happens to me a lot too!

message 7: by Alexei (new)

Alexei  (katara317) I;m just watin for the 25th of the month for another Book Bind

message 8: by Alexei (new)

Alexei  (katara317) Wait, wait, wait. It's mid month and we're already onto the next books? And my library doesn't have the magnolia league!

message 9: by Audrey, Read lots write lots how do I keep up!? (new)

I know, I know, I forgot to change the book I was on vacation! We were going to read it but then I never changed it.

message 10: by Alexei (new)

Alexei  (katara317) So I'm halfway in, and its sad! All this crap talk about body image! It's a good storyline but it also irritates me how the author keeps giving Bianca a migraine with all the school colors! Migraines knock you out of life! You can't function with a migraine. Kinda pisses me off that shes blasting migraines for just a headache.

message 11: by Alexei (new)

Alexei  (katara317) I finished it and this book just annoyed me. The movie is coming out in 2013.

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2 comments I loved this book! It explains the insecurities of girls and the difficulties that come with it as well as problems in the house. I could not put the book down! Almost every girl in my class read it and thought it was amazing! Loved it. But I did not like that she had migraines all the time because of colors -.-

message 13: by Jenna (last edited Aug 24, 2011 06:34AM) (new)

Jenna | 30 comments Mod
Wait they're making it into a movie???

message 14: by Audrey, Read lots write lots how do I keep up!? (new)

huh?

message 15: by Alexei (new)

Alexei  (katara317) Amanda: I know!!! The migraine thing!!! I wanted to chuck the book at every mention of it!!!!

Jenna, Audrey: The movie is in production, So I've heard from a Movie website and is to be in theaters by 2013. no info released yet

message 16: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 30 comments Mod
ooo and I just got the book, finally!!!

message 17: by naggyyna (new)

naggyyna | 1 comments The Duff is a nice book..a really nice one,in fact.I really hated it when Bianca laft Wesley but it was a cute ending.:D

message 18: by Audrey, Read lots write lots how do I keep up!? (new)

I'm not sure if that was a spoiler, but if so please if so delete it and rewrite your post. :) Sorry I should have said that at the top of the page :) Sorry!