High School Counseling, coun525 discussion

Rowdy

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 31 comments How might you handle Rowdy in a situation where a teacher brings Rowdy to your office after having a verbal confrontation with another male student?

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 20 comments I would ask Rowdy to talk to me about why he was brought into my office. I would listen and notice what he is feeling and get him to discuss other options that he could have done instead of getting into a verbal confrontation with another student. I would try to get him to hear that another option could have still solved the issue and he still could feel good about his actions.

message 3: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 31 comments Good answer Laura! :)

message 4: by Kristi (new)

Kristi Boese | 20 comments I agree Laura. Allowing Rowdy to tall and say his piece at the start will, hopefully allow him to settle down a bit. I could see Rowdy being unwilling to share verbally so another method may need to be utilized. I would think either journaling or drawing would be good outlets to attempt. I may even take Rowdy to the basketball floor and play him in pig. I think creating a challenge would lead to sharing more openly-it may also backfire and make Rowdy upset with you if you beat him! I think it would be worth a try though.