Mystery Lovers! discussion

General > college

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

hey! has anyone thought about what college they're going to yet? I was looking on-line today, and not only are they expensive, they're very confusing! I've got three years of high school left, but my mom says that I should know where I want to go by the time I'm a junior. Where do y'all wanna go? (or where are you currently or where did you go?)

message 2: by Hina (new)

Hina (meanderling) | 103 comments Mod
I'm going to be in Year 10 and I've thought about college. I'm not too sure yet, but I'm thinking about going to college in the Midlands (England)....

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Oooo that sounds fun! My mom wants me to go to florida (with the hurricanes) but I want to go to California (with the earthquakes)....so we are still working out our differences. What is year 10 exactly? Is it like 10th grade?

message 4: by Hina (new)

Ah, awesome! Lol! I'm not sure, but I've got about one or two years before I go to college.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, so in America you'd be a junior or senior...do you decide how many years before you head to college?

message 6: by Hina (new)

It seems confusing. xD No. We have Year 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. Then we either go to college or sixth form. After about 2 or so years in college you can go to Uni. The summer holidays have nearly started and in September I'll be in Year 10. (:

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 10, 2011 12:47PM) (new)

ah ok.....ours isnt confusing if you use actual grade names.....ie 10th grade 11th grade...it goes from one to 12 and after 12 you go to college, there isn't a stimulation for going to a university (which is what i'm assuming you meant by Uni.) once you're out of school you can sign up to go wherever you want, then you just hope that your sat and act scores were good enough to get you in.
whats a sixth form?

message 8: by Hina (new)

Yeah, that's the basic option for university here too. By sixth form it's just a Year 12, but you stay at your highschool.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

ah okay thats makes sense!! are you gonna take sixth form?

message 10: by Hina (new)

:D I don't really want to stay at my highschool. College sounds lovely. :D

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahaha I know what you mean! I tried to convince my parents to let me take early college, but they won't let me. I have to go to high school like a normal girl and I can't graduate until I'm 18

message 12: by Hina (new)

Aha. =/

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah i know.......when it comes to school, how well do you do (if you dont mind my asking)?

message 14: by Hina (new)

I do quite well. I'm in the top set for all of my subjects. How about you?

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 10, 2011 01:09PM) (new)

same! thats why I want to graduate early! School isn't a challenge at all! We could only take one honors class last year and it wasn't hard and I'm trying to make it harder, so I signed up for all honors classes, but I still don't think it's gonna be hard enough. I like a good challenge! That's why i love math and problem solving in science...it makes you think you know?

message 16: by Hina (new)

Aha, yes! Well if you're capable then go straight ahead. (:

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahaha thanks! how big is your school?

message 18: by Hina (new)

Quite big and really old. How about yours? (I have to go now. Bye!)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

haha well my class has 15 in it....maybe less because 2 people are saying that they aren't coming back. we are very small. (bye!)

message 20: by Hina (new)

Aha, I think a class is better with less children in it. :D There's about 30 in our class. We're going to be mixed up in September when school starts. (:

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

ooooo thats fun! and i totally agree with you about smaller classes being better. I love math and so I'm taking all of the harder classes that most people drop. I think my senior year for math it will just be me and one other girl. It's gonna be so much fun!

message 22: by Hina (new)

That's awesome. (: Good luck in your harder math classes. :D

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

awww thanks! good luck with school in general (especially if you're in all the higher classes)

message 24: by Hina (new)

(: Thanks. Had my English GCSE exam today and school's nearly over so more free time!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! how'd you do on your english GCSE? (Don't know what GCSE stands for......some kind of examination?)

message 26: by Hina (new)

I don't know, just did it today and I don't know when I'll get the results back. It stands for General Certificate of Secondary Education. (:

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

ah ok! well i hope you did well!

message 28: by Hina (new)

Thank you! (:

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in a lot of the smart people classes but there are a lot of smart people in my grade. I'm going to be in the British Secret Services or CIA or something.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in most advanced classes too. None of my friends are though so I have to deal with annoying peeps. I'm going go to Colorado University or Pensacola Baptist College then I'm going to move to London and become a detective. And I'm gonna be an evangalist at the same time. That was a mouthful

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Busy life.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I do plan on living a long time too, so hopefully I'll have some down time :D

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

:D