The Phantom's Opera: Book and Musical discussion

The Phantom > Broadway Musical

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula (last edited Jul 11, 2011 03:13PM) (new)

Paula (matildiita) | 10 comments Have you seen? Did you like it? I saw it in NY and it was awesome. There are very little discussions, please, discuss and post new discussions so that this group goes better.

message 2: by L. (new)

L. (weavelin) | 35 comments I haven't seen it on Broadway proper, but I've seen the touring production five times and the Las Vegas show a month or so after it opened. Since then, I haven't had opportunity or means to see it, really... And now that the tour's shut down.

I liked the tour production more than the Vegas show, which is heavily influenced by the film and shortened to 90 minutes. It's definitely worth seeing a couple times with a decent cast.

..That being said, I've heard they're revamping the tour similarly to what happened to the Les Mis tour. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.

message 3: by Gemma (new)

Gemma | 48 comments The closest I've gotten to the musical so far is the movie. I love the movie, but I want to see the show! :( I hope the tour passes nearby when it starts up again so I can finally go...though I still think it would be awesome to go to New York or London to see it. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) I saw it in London and in Sacramento. I understand that the staging is new now. The Vegas production closes at the end of September.

message 5: by Gemma (new)

Gemma | 48 comments Dramatically new, from what I understand (at least the UK production is). It would be interesting to see what was changed...I wonder if they're doing similar things with the US tour...

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma I saw it in NYC on broadway and it was amazing!!!!! I have probably become obsessed with it...listening to the music and watching videos about it...what's happened to all of the phantom groups on here? No one goes on them anymore...);