Paranormal Lovers discussion

Adult Series > The Dresden Files

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (last edited Sep 18, 2014 07:43AM) (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 1384 comments Mod
Has anyone read this series?

Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2) by Jim Butcher Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3) by Jim Butcher Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4) by Jim Butcher Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5) by Jim Butcher Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6) by Jim Butcher Dead Beat (The Dresden Files #7) by Jim Butcher Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files #8) by Jim Butcher White Night (The Dresden Files, #9) by Jim Butcher Small Favor (The Dresden Files, #10) by Jim Butcher Turn Coat (The Dresden Files, #11) by Jim Butcher Changes (The Dresden Files, #12) by Jim Butcher Ghost Story (The Dresden Files, #13) by Jim Butcher Cold Days (The Dresden Files, #14) by Jim Butcher Skin Game (The Dresden Files, #15) by Jim Butcher

message 2: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) Another OH YES! I think Jim Butcher put Urban Fantasy on the map when he began this series - it's great fun, with lovely characters, and some super 'detective' work :)

Unfortunately, I don't think the TV series did it justice - I mean, WHY not just keep Bob as a talking skull?? Bob is hilarious, truly :)

message 3: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

Hahahaha a talking skull, now I'm interested lol

message 4: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Smiley (daniellesmiley) I've read the first one and like it. I have the rest of the series on my TBR list.

message 5: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M | 27 comments I've read them all thru Changes, and they keep getting better and better. Just a warning, do NOT read the back of Ghost Story, or any blurbs on it, cuz there's a huge spoiler for the end of Changes. My eyes accidently picked out a couple words in a blurb for Ghost Story, and two words is all it took. I'd have much rather been surprised.

message 6: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 12 comments I LOVE the Dresden Files!! My original copies are packed away in boxes somewhere in my mother's attic and I've actually been buying them again just so I could catch up on the ones that came out while I was out of the country.

Is Changes still in hardcover?

Maria Pussycat I loved them, because I am a sucker for a detective story, plus it has magic, wolves, etc...
Have read just 3, but I have 3 more to go...

NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews  (nhaughtyv) | 7 comments Oh I LOVE the Dresden Files!! Been pimping that out this month since Ghost Storywill be released the end of the month! :D

message 9: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 12 comments Oh man, I'm so looking forward to Ghost Story, although if it's only just about to come out in hardcover, I'll wait for the paperback.

message 10: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 12 comments Maria wrote: "I loved them, because I am a sucker for a detective story, plus it has magic, wolves, etc...
Have read just 3, but I have 3 more to go..."

Only 3 more to go? Changes is the 12th book in the series...

Maria Pussycat lol I noticed Anne-Mhairi, I meant 3 more of the ones I owned...I found 6 in a charity shop really cheap and bougth them all without knowing what they were... need to catch up!!! :)

message 12: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 12 comments Oh! That's great! You're in for a real treat - the books just get better and better :D

Maria Pussycat So many books to read, so little time!!! lol

message 14: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 12 comments I know!!! They need to make the day longer!!

message 15: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M | 27 comments Anne-Mhairi wrote: "Is Changes still in hardcover? ..."

It's in paperback now.

message 16: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 12 comments Oh, duh. I just finished it!! I meant 'Ghost Story'... *headdesk*

message 17: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M | 27 comments Anne-Mhairi wrote: "Oh, duh. I just finished it!! I meant 'Ghost Story'... *headdesk*"

LOL! I think Ghost Story is just came out, or will come out soon, so it's still (will be) in hard back.

message 18: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

I know it comes out this month, not sure what date though

NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews  (nhaughtyv) | 7 comments July 26th!! Have it circled on my calendar!!!

message 20: by Joy (new)

Joy Black (joyblack) | 1 comments I have read the series - LOVED it! Then when I came across the Dresden Files on Netflix I thought I was going to be in heaven. While the show wasn't bad...it could have been SOOOO much better. I think if they re-did it now, it would have a whole new take and a completely new following!