Writers Without Borders discussion

New blog about health, living in Ireland and just loving life

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Willeke (new)

Willeke Van Eeckhoutte (willekegmailcom) | 5 comments Please check out http://willemina73.wordpress.com/

New to blogging and would love to hear about tips on writing, publishing websites and how you find my writing.

"It’s easy enough trying to avoid social contact, hell we got Facebook, Twitter, MSN and whatnot to keep us connected. But you really do need that almost physical contact by going out and meeting people, otherwise you shrivel up like a dry flower and whither before time has been able to decide whether you were a keeper or not. For that reason I drag myself outside… chronic pains included."

message 2: by Dani (last edited Jul 10, 2011 12:14PM) (new)

Dani Smith (daniquickdraw) | 30 comments Ah...Ireland! My mother is Irish, and I have always felt my heart ache when thinking of the old ancestral homeland. Will definitely be checking in on this one!

And the Oscar Wilde quote? Brilliant! Almost as good as his last words: "Either this wallpaper goes, or I do."

message 3: by Willeke (new)

Willeke Van Eeckhoutte (willekegmailcom) | 5 comments Thanks Danielle! You're a star! :)

message 4: by William (new)

William | 767 comments Mod
For the one book I'm co-writing, my lead character is Irish. For my solo books, I'm planning on frequently making use of, to one degree or another, Irish terrorists, retired or otherwise, on both sides of the equation.

message 5: by Willeke (new)

Willeke Van Eeckhoutte (willekegmailcom) | 5 comments I don't know if you're Irish William or not but if you need any info regarding Ireland, please feel free to ask. I've been living in Ireland for 8 years & 9 months so I know how this society & country works :D)

message 6: by William (new)

William | 767 comments Mod
Thanks! I'll keep it in mind.

For the book I've been writing, the last act takes place in Greece. I've had the good fortune of having an online friend in Athens who's been very helpful.

message 7: by Willeke (new)

Willeke Van Eeckhoutte (willekegmailcom) | 5 comments http://willemina73.wordpress.com/2011...

New blog... please check it out, feel free to rate and comment!