Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

YA romance, fantasy, etc > Harry Potter

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) Since several of us were talking YA series recently, I had to come in here and ask. So who else besides me is so excited (and a little sad) that the new and final Harry Potter is out this week. Any other folks in here like me so obsessed with the movies I have seen every single movie that came out since I moved to Texas in 2003 at midnight?

I actually already bought (and picked up) my tickets for the special 3D double header showing starting at 9:00 Thursday night. Back to back, Harry Potter 7 Part 1 at 9:00 and Harry Potter 7 Part 2 at 12:00! It's gonna be brutal sitting for 6 hours straight in a movie theater chair but I'm doing it for Harry.

And knowing me, I'll be there at 7:00 with my current read in tow. Got to get a good seat after all. LOL And the book is for somehting to do for the two hours I'm waiting until the movie starts! I'm hoping they'll start letting us in to the theater to get our seats at least an hour early, like they do for the midnight shows.

I've seen the first two Twilight movies, Spider Man 3, and at least two of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, in addition to my HP movies, at midnight. I only do it for very select shows. SM3 was an odd one to do that for but a good friend of mine wanted to do teh midnight show so I said I'd go with him since he's not one for going to movies alone, like I do quite frequently.

message 2: by Kit★ (last edited Jul 10, 2011 09:37AM) (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments I'm most definitely going to go see it, but probably not the opener. I'll end up going a week or two later when it's not so hectic and I can get a sitter for the baby. But I am pretty dang excited for it! I gotta get my 7Part1 DVD back from my brother and re-watch it before I go though.

message 3: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Jul 10, 2011 09:51AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Me too! I have been waiting for Part II so I could see Part I with it. I almost caved the other day when I went to feed my friend's cat -- and she had it! A midnigth showing sound fun! Love this series, both books and movies. Some great quotes in these.

I have read the first four books twice, I need to get on with reading the next three for the second time also.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I guess I'm going to have to start reading the series. I had the first book, and it disappeared during a move, and I never got around to buying/ reading it.

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments I need to read this series too! I've been meaning to, but of couse other books just keep getting in my way!

message 6: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments I loaned my hardback of number 7 out to someone I thought was a friend a couple years ago and they never gave it back! Now I need to get the money to buy a new one... not fair.

message 7: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments This is one series that I didn't want to read when it first came out, and finally gave in 10 years ago when I was house-sitting my friend's house for a week and ran out of books. He had the first three books sitting around and I went through them in a weekend. I didn't expect to love them as much as I did, I mean, weren't they supposed to be kids' books?! Pish Posh. And now I'm a bit teary that the book /movie releases are finished. FINISHED!!! Why, why WHY??!
*please pay me no attention, I've had a couple of glasses of wine to celebrate the end of a hard couple of days, and they've gone straight to my head...!*

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments CaroB, if you want to read a funny story related to HP, check out my review. Maybe you won't feel so alone. My Review of HP#1.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I have read and loved all of the Harry Potter books. My favourite's gotta be "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" though. The Triwizard Tournament was SUCH a good idea, and really exciting to read.