Good YA Series discussion

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
This topic is about City of Glass
The Mortal Instruments > What do you think of City of Glass?

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Aug 10, 2011 12:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Crystal (crystalways) | 305 comments Mod
What did you think of City of Glass?
City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare
This one was meant to be the last Mortal Instruments book, but as already one know there are going to end up being three more after this one.

Because this book's ending was suppose to be the ending to the series, it of course had a beautiful ending. I like that Clary and Jace could finally make it work.

Cassandra Clare said that she meant for the characters' journeys in this series to rise, fall, then rise again. I thought she really made them fall when Valentine told them Jace was Clary's brother. That made me feel so bad for them, but then Clare made it right again.

I already said in the City of Bones discussion that Fake Sebastian was my favorite character.

Another character I liked in this book was Jocelyn. She doesn't really talk until she finally wakes up. I liked finally hearing what she had to say. Then she and Luke got together and I was so happy for Luke.

Did you guys think this book was a good end to the first half of the series?

To see this book's poll click here.

Annie I love the ending of this book also. It was actually my favorite book of the series.

Sporty No1 | 21 comments i loved this half was great it had everything suspence, excitement, great action scene and then jace and clary lol i knew sumthing was off with sebastian after the kiss scene didnt like him after that, i love luke and izzy and the gang

Sporty wrote: "i loved this half was great it had everything suspence, excitement, great action scene and then jace and clary lol i knew sumthing was off with sebastian after the kiss scene didnt like him after t..."

I liked Sebastian when he kissed Clary because he became competition for Jace. Of course, I'm always on the side that puts Clary and Jace together, but that kiss kind of made me laugh. I was thinking, "Take that Jace. Guys who aren't related to Clary or are some kind of half demon (no offense Simon-lovers) actually like her." Although, I was really wrong about him on both counts.

Sporty No1 | 21 comments Hahaha yh I agree. Even though max wasn't in the book that much did your heart break when he died? I just like stopped reading cz I was in shock lol

Sporty wrote: "Hahaha yh I agree. Even though max wasn't in the book that much did your heart break when he died? I just like stopped reading cz I was in shock lol"

Yes. I was like, "Omigosh! (for lack of a better term)" I felt so bad for Isabelle and Alec. I will admit, when Sebastian did that, I no longer thought of him as a romantic interest for Clary.

Sporty No1 | 21 comments what did you think of the ending? valentine stabbed jace then he hugged him tight, i kinda felt for valentine he was just single minded he really thought what he was doing the right thing(sorry dont know anyone who has read the book)

Kimi (kimisokool) Sporty wrote: "what did you think of the ending? valentine stabbed jace then he hugged him tight, i kinda felt for valentine he was just single minded he really thought what he was doing the right thing(sorry don..."

I know right! In his mind, he was doing what had to be done. He was truly insane. I couldn't believe it when he stabbed Jace. You could tell he was about to flip when Clary wouldn't look at him. Poor crazy man! lol

Sporty wrote: "what did you think of the ending? valentine stabbed jace then he hugged him tight, i kinda felt for valentine he was just single minded he really thought what he was doing the right thing(sorry don..."

I did feel bad for the whole family including Jace because Valentine really did feel like he was treating him as a son, and he was so sure that the angel would approve of what he was setting out to do. In his own really messed up way, he really did care about all of them, Clary, Jace, and Jocelyn.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Best book in the series by far! Loved this one!! !

Shaina | 42 comments Best book of the series, an amazing read!

Jenna! wrote: "Best book in the series by far! Loved this one!! !"

Shaina wrote: "Best book of the series, an amazing read!"

I agree, and that includes City of Fallen Angels. I was so emotional by the time I finished this book.

Shaina | 42 comments mhm City of Fallen Angels was not what I expected!

Shaina wrote: "mhm City of Fallen Angels was not what I expected!"

Yeah, but I think that's only because it was just starting the next part of the series.

Shaina | 42 comments yes i agree, its just that I loved the first 3 so much, I wanted it to keep gonig like that. It was still an amazing book though, it just wasn't what I expected.

Victory wrote: "This book is amazing. It had me in its claws the second I began reading it. I loved the ending and I felt as though Clare could've ended it there if she wanted, but there were alot of loose ends to..."

I'm excited to read the next part of the series too. All of Clare's preview/deleted scenes of COLS are really getting me going.

message 17: by Tara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara (taterbeans) | 19 comments so loved it!!!!! had everything i was hoping for from this series!!!! i even liked Valentine!!! he was a good villan!!!!! this is def my fave of all of them!!!!! and i would even be happy with it ending like this (although im very happy that it did!!!!!!)

Tara wrote: "so loved it!!!!! had everything i was hoping for from this series!!!! i even liked Valentine!!! he was a good villan!!!!! this is def my fave of all of them!!!!! and i would even be happy with it e..."

Valentine is probably one of my favorite villians too. He just has that whole villian persona down. Everytime he spoke I just couldn't help but imagine some crazy maniacal laugh following.

Shaina | 42 comments Crystal wrote: "Tara wrote: "so loved it!!!!! had everything i was hoping for from this series!!!! i even liked Valentine!!! he was a good villan!!!!! this is def my fave of all of them!!!!! and i would even be ha..."

I totally agree. Clare developed his character perfectly. He was that villian you loved to hate and I always looked forward to his character popping up because there was always that undeniable tension that arose between him and the other characters. I loved the scenes with him, because most were also about Jace too.

message 20: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah | 5 comments i was so relieved when i found out they werent related

message 21: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Ann (shizzal) so far my favorite book in the series!!!! Finally a happy ending!!

Leah wrote: "i was so relieved when i found out they werent related"

I was too. I was also relived to stop feeling like a bad person for thinking Jace and Clary were meant to be together.

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) I love this series. :) One of the best I have read so far. I thought this would be the last book because I really love the ending. :p I wonder how Cassie Clare would finish this one.

Annie Brewer (anniebrewer) | 2 comments I love this book!!! This is my favorite book of this series so far!!! Though I loved CoFA, but seriously Cassie could have ended it with this book. It was perfect! But I am glad she kept going! This is by far my favorite series ever!!! And I just love Jace and everything about him. I really want CoLS in my hands right now!! Can't wait for the movies! :)

message 25: by May (new) - rated it 5 stars

May | 16 comments Annie wrote: "I love this book!!! This is my favorite book of this series so far!!! Though I loved CoFA, but seriously Cassie could have ended it with this book. It was perfect! But I am glad she kept going! Thi..."

totally agree in everything thing you said but I'm very glad she didn't end it with this book although it is a great book I don't what I'd do if there isn't an TMI book to look forward to

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE THIS BOOK! MY FAVORITE FROM THE SERIES!

message 27: by Dayna (new)

Dayna (thenerdygirls) | 4 comments I really want read it, Is it any good ?

Annie Brewer (anniebrewer) | 2 comments My absolute favorite too!!! Ugh it has me crying like a baby!! I love Jace!! You can't help but hurt when he hurts!! Yes Dayna, it's better than good! It's the BEST!! You need to read it! :)

Dayna wrote: "I really want read it, Is it any good ?"

Its one of my favorite series. Start with City of Bones.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Fake Sebastian and clary are sibings?????? I literlly broke the window when I found out!!1

message 31: by C.C. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.C. | 29 comments The first few chapters were really annoying, but the 2nd half of the book was fan-freaking-tastic!!! It was so exciting. I loved it but I stopped at book 3 because the books that followed were getting bad reviews.

Ashley | 5 comments This one is definitely my favorite in the series...well maybe it ties with City of Fallen Angels. I can see how this was supposed to be the last book in the series, but now that it's not, in my opinion, it functions as a turning point for the series as a whole.