Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > Thrillerfest - Day 2

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Totally exhausted. Books get heavier every year. Just delivered the last batch to Patrick to ship home. Have to catch a brief nap; the shuttle is picking me up at 4:25 a.m. for an early flight home tomorrow.
Day started with the Debut author breakfast and a talk by Karin Slaughter. She is the recipient of this year's Silver Bullet Award for her Save the Libraries campaign.
First Panel: DO SERIES HAVE A LIFESPAN? Larry Light, Pamela Callow, John Dobbyn, Elaine Grant, Alan Jacobson, Steve Martini and Kate White. As usual the answer depends on the author's experiences and whether they have a continuing series or not.
Secondly, an interview with spotlight guest Diana Gabaldon. I've never classified her as a thriller writer, but here she is. Very upbeat and witty personality.
Panel two: HOW FAST CAN A NOVEL RUN? THE ART OF PACING. James Rollins, Carla Buckley, Jeffrey Deaver, Joseph Finder, Jamie Freveletti, Andrew Peterson, John Sandford. This is the first con where I've seen John Sandford. His book BAD BLOOD is nominated for a Thriller Award so that is probably why he is here.
Last Panel IS TRUTH STRANGER THAN FICTION? Matt Richtel, B. Kent Anderson, Kira Peikoff, Douglas Preston, Kathleen Sharp, Brad Parks and Jessica Speart. I am always amazed when authors like Brad Parks remember me from other cons.

message 2: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments You got to hear some of my favorite authors! So much to absorb in one day. Safe travels.

message 3: by Ann (last edited Jul 09, 2011 04:15PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14410 comments sounds like a great deal packed into one day! we'll look forward to hearing about all of those books!!

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3604 comments Wow! Some really big guns at this one!! I have to make it to one of these sometime!