The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

What if....

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Florencia (last edited Jul 09, 2011 03:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Florencia instead of Peeta being chosen for the hunger games, Gale had been? It says that Gale's posibilites were high, so what if? And Peeta could appear somehow...

Jazz Had Gale gone into the arena, I think it would have been like Katniss and Peeta's situation in Catching Fire where they both were conspiring to increase the chances of the other winning. Gale would have admitted his feeling and they'd have probably gotten together. Peeta most likely would have never appeared.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah...

Anna I agree with Dani.

Juliet It would not have been as awesome of a series

Prettylittlearia4 Yeah...

What if Katniss hadn't gone in place of her sister?

What if Rue hadn't died?

maddie Then the series would have sucked and prim might have been the one to fall in love if the boy tribute was some love from a far stalker of her and 12.
And that would have been really creepy and not as good what so ever.... So let's just say the series would have just stunk

Jazz maddie wrote: "Then the series would have sucked and prim might have been the one to fall in love if the boy tribute was some love from a far stalker of her and 12.
And that would have been really creepy and not ..."

12 year olds don't even know the meaning of love, so that's highly improbable.

maddie Not necessarily. I'm only 12 so that's not entirely true in my circumstances.

message 10: by Jazz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jazz Well in that case, I'm just gonna shut up before I offend anybody lol

Prettylittlearia4 I wouldn't give out my age if I was 12, maddie. Not to be rude or anything, but... internet stalkers, weirdos, just be careful...

But yeah, you never really know. It might've sucked, or Prim might've died *spoiler*sooner*end spoiler* so it could've had a completely different outcome. *shrug*

maddie Lol true..... I just trust in too many people. Plus this is the only way I'd EVER contact people that I meet on Internet.

Prettylittlearia4 *facepalm* wooow... OK.

maddie Lol

maddie ......... I forgot wha the subject was hahaha

maddie O lol hahaha.... Right

Prettylittlearia4 failure.
loljk

maddie Lol

Prettylittlearia4 I'm about to murder my friend... :P

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Good to know?

maddie Ummm... Can we know y?

Prettylittlearia4 She's irritating me... a lot.:P Sorry, off topic>>

maddie Hahahahahaha

Yazna maddie wrote: "Not necessarily. I'm only 12 so that's not entirely true in my circumstances."

lol welcome to the club

Yazna Kso what if..

Katniss's dad were still alive, and she never learned to fend for herself as well as she can?

*Wow i just realized how sucky that book wouldve been

maddie Huh... Never thought bout that. But she sill wood have learned to hunt and swim because he taught her that

Prettylittlearia4 Hmm... or what if her mom had died instead...?

maddie Then gale would have died in the second book when he was whipped ... Then all the gale lovers would have fallen apart

Prettylittlearia4 Like me. :P

maddie Yah

maddie Hahahahaha aha hahahaha
What if... Prim never died in the third book? Would anything be different?

Prettylittlearia4 Well, Katniss wouldn't be so depressed...

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

read this peom, and comment on it please =D

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

message 37: by Rena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rena :)

message 38: by Deona (last edited Aug 15, 2011 02:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Deona What if you were the mayors daughter and friend to Katniss. You had no responsibilities and knew Katniss was the provider for so many in your district. Would you take Katniss's sisters place so that Katniss could continue her very valuable role in your district? Could you be that selfless? What if that character had done that?

Samantha I'd like to comment on what if prim went into the hunger games.... i don't think the book would have sucked, it would be a completely different story all together. It would be told by Prim who had a different outlook on things. I don't think everything would have played out the same way, but I don't think it would suck

message 40: by Samantha (last edited Apr 03, 2012 07:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Samantha Even if the mayors daughter volunteered for Prim, I don't think Katniss would have let anyone else take Prim's place.

Cinderela What if Gale had never helped build that bomb?

message 42: by Ruth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruth Belano What if Coin didn't die? That would've completely ruined the ending..

message 43: by Ruth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruth Belano Sam wrote: "I'd like to comment on what if prim went into the hunger games.... i don't think the book would have sucked, it would be a completely different story all together. It would be told by Prim who had ..."

If Prim went into the hunger games.. In my opinion, she might not survive.. She doesn't really have that much experience in killing anyone- if she could kill at all. The lead character would seem a lot weaker but she would probably be more loving and less hating. Based on what I've read, I don't think she's the avenging type..

message 44: by Ruth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruth Belano Morgan wrote: "what if the hunger games really happened?"

scary..

Danielle What if Peeta never had a crush on Katniss?

Danielle Ruth wrote: "Morgan wrote: "what if the hunger games really happened?"

scary.."

I agree it would be very scary, especially since I know I would not be able to survive if chosen. Makes me very happy that there are no hunger games in today's world and I hope those after us never have to go through that.

message 47: by Ruth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruth Belano Danielle wrote: "What if Peeta never had a crush on Katniss?"

He would've killed her on the first place or he would've been killed because his role would've been useless.. I guess?? and that would just break my heart /3

Danielle Ruth wrote: "Danielle wrote: "What if Peeta never had a crush on Katniss?"

He would've killed her on the first place or he would've been killed because his role would've been useless.. I guess?? and that would..."

Mine too! :( /3

Florencia Ruth wrote: "What if Coin didn't die? That would've completely ruined the ending.."

I agree, and I think Katniss would choose GALE.

Florencia What if the Capitol never took Peeta to the Capitol? Mockingjay would have been so different.

« previous 1