Writers Without Borders discussion

Events/Giveaways!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dani (new)

Dani Smith (daniquickdraw) | 30 comments Authors and bloggers: post your events/giveaways here!

Holly Full Moon Bites Book Reviews (fullmoonbites) | 2 comments I am hosting one giveaway right now:
To Catch A Spirit by Carrie Pulkinen-- Ends July 12th 2011

message 3: by Regan (new)

Regan Black | 19 comments I've listed Justice Incarnate: Shadows of Justice Book One and The Pixie Chicks (YA) for FREE in the Smashwords July sale.

Visit http://www.reganblack.com on July 20th for a free ebook and to enter for a chance to win the Smuggler's Stash goodie bag.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Here's the link to my FREE historical short story, A New Dawn.
http://www.knoxrobinsonpublishing.com...

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth (countrykittie) | 72 comments Mod
Wow! These are some great ideas! I've heard of people doing this but I've never known how to "give" away an ebook...

If anyone can tell me how they do that, then that would be great. All my books are on Amazon.com.

message 6: by Dani (last edited Jul 12, 2011 03:01PM) (new)

Dani Smith (daniquickdraw) | 30 comments Beth wrote: "Wow! These are some great ideas! I've heard of people doing this but I've never known how to "give" away an ebook...

If anyone can tell me how they do that, then that would be great. All my books ..."

Very simple! You can either keep a PDF copy of your books on hand to email to winners, or you can use the "Give As Gift" button on Amazon to buy your winners a Kindle copy of your book and have it sent as a gift (just make sure the winners have a Kindle and you have their correct email addy before you go the Buy As Gift route). I have done it both ways and it's a great promo.

message 7: by Beth (new)

Danielle wrote: "Beth wrote: "Wow! These are some great ideas! I've heard of people doing this but I've never known how to "give" away an ebook...

If anyone can tell me how they do that, then that would be great..."

Ok, I didn't realize about the "give as gift" button at Amazon. I guess I'd seen it there, but never thought of pushing it...LOL

A PDF file would be ok too...I never thought of that before...Thanks!!! Maybe that's what I will do as a promo thing.

message 8: by Dani (new)

Dani Smith (daniquickdraw) | 30 comments Beth wrote: "Danielle wrote: "Beth wrote: "Wow! These are some great ideas! I've heard of people doing this but I've never known how to "give" away an ebook...

If anyone can tell me how they do that, then that..."

Your publisher should be able to send you a final PDF of your polished manuscript. If you are self-pubbed, you can easily convert your final MS from word to a PDF.

message 9: by Regan (new)

Regan Black | 19 comments I've used the pdf file as well as the 'give as gift' button on Amazon. Both work pretty well.
As a self pub author you can also use Smashwords and offer free ebooks through their coupon system. That lets readers choose the ebook file that suits them best.

message 10: by Beth (new)

@Regan-Smashwords doesn't really like me...I've had such a time with them. I managed to get some books uploaded, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with them....they seem to be particularly particular...too much this, not enough that, you're doing it wrong. LOL Ok, exaggerating there, but for some reason it just doesn't like me to upload anything to them...of course, I'm technically challenged when it comes to these kinds of things.

message 11: by Sonette (new)

Sonette The new read-along on my blog is up with a giveaway. It can be found here: http://bookaholic-worm.blogspot.com/2...

message 12: by Regan (new)

Regan Black | 19 comments @Beth - that's a bummer.
They do have a set system. If it was an upload thing rather than a formatting thing, it's possible the Smashwords site didn't like your internet browser. That happened to me a couple of times and not just on Smashwords. The online submission form at the US copyright office didn't like me much - because of the browser. Life was MUCH easier when I figured out the 'real' problem. LOL