What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Junior-high girl reporter; investigates water pollution [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rosa (new)

Rosa Wichuraiana | 88 comments I'm looking for a young-adult novel I think I read around 2004. It's narrated by the protagonist, an unusual junior-high girl who dreams of being an investigative reporter. Most of the novel deals with her job on her school newspaper, which is considerably more fast-paced than the typical junior-high newspaper. She investigates the water pollution being emitted by a factory in her town with paper tests and discovers that it is indeed far over the legal limit, but she falls into the water and loses the strip. By the end of the novel she manages to prove her claims and make the factory go out of business, but she ends up regretting it because it causes the father of the boy she likes lose his job. There was also an interesting discussion on the image all females strive for being Barbie.

message 2: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (lltoo) | 143 comments Girl Reporter Blows Lid Off Town! by Linda Ellerbee looks like a good match.

message 3: by Rosa (new)

Rosa Wichuraiana | 88 comments Yup, that's it! Thanks for your help.

message 4: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (lltoo) | 143 comments You're welcome.