English Translations of Scandinavian/Nordic Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Group read-along

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Molly, Moderator & Founder (U.S.A.) (new)

Molly | 60 comments Mod
Let's do a group read-along! For our first go-round, let's start off with the original Scandi-crime authors, Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo.

I've posted a poll at the bottom of the group page, where you can vote for which book you'd like to read.

Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo

message 2: by Dave (new)

Dave | 113 comments Curious before I cast my vote. I know that Molly has read the first two, I hate to make anyone re-read for this, do they need to be read in order or are they pretty stand alone?

also...

http://www.scandinavianbooks.com/crim...

message 3: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited Jul 09, 2011 05:18PM) (new)

Ken Fredette (klfredette) | 4414 comments Mod
I just finished Roseanna, so I got the other two for pennies and had to get the last book from the library. All bases covered. My library has all the books.

message 4: by Dave (new)

Dave | 113 comments I have the entire series on my kindle, so I'm also good to go with whatever we decide. I haven't read any of them yet, but I'll probably go ahead and knock out Roseanne before the 15th since you and Molly have both already read it.

message 5: by Marie (new)

Marie (marieelia) | 19 comments I voted for Roseanna because I like to read series in order, but I'm game for whatever. I'll just have to request it from my library. Yay!

message 6: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (ellenr09) | 6 comments Hi, I haven't read any yet. If order doesn't make a difference I don't mind picking up anywhere in the series.

message 7: by Molly, Moderator & Founder (U.S.A.) (new)

Molly | 60 comments Mod
As the all-knowing group moderator, I can tell you we're currently in a tie for Roseanna and a later novel. If we do go with Roseanna, I'll happily join in the conversation, even though I've already read the book.

Also, how should we do this? 2 weeks for the book? 1? I've never done this before, so any advice is appreciated.

message 8: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited Jul 14, 2011 01:32PM) (new)

Well I've finished Roseanna, and The Man on the Balcony. I'm retired so books just fly by. Let's start out with two weeks. We can adjust it as we go.

message 9: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

What happened to the poll? Sorry, forgot it was set for the fifth. So Henning Mankell is the author and "The Return of the Dancing Master" is the book.

message 10: by Alisa (new)

Alisa Ordering from Amazon now!

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 236 comments Hurray ! Got The Return of the Dancing Master today.

English Translations of Scandinavian/Nordic...

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Maj Sjöwall (other topics)