Writers 'R' Us discussion

Writing > Plot Line

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Having trouble working through a plot line? Know where your going just not how to get there? Have any advice for those who need help? Type it up here!!
PLOT LINE ONLY! :D

message 2: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Ok, I'll play starters...

so, in this story I'm writing (I still need a good title, but so far, I'm using "Wolfish") my main characters name is Annie. She's new in town (of course-- cliche, but i didn't know how else to get her in). Most of her life, she's kept to herself and has been known as a jerk because of her cynical out look on life. Her father is all that's left of her family and they have a secret: They can "morph" into wolves. This doesn't just happen on full moons (in fact, Annie HATES being called a "werewolf"). They can do it any time, any where. It is still a bit hard for Annie to control it (if she gets too mad, she might start morphing against her will). But that's as far as I've gotten. I know that she's eventually gonna become friends with "Elvis Terry Spectrum" otherwise known as "E.T." and a wanna-be witch, "Sadie Smoth". And I know I want them to fight some evil guy, but I don't know what to do with it all!! :( any advice?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

well, whats the natural enemy of wolves?

message 4: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Well, I guess humans--oh.my.gosh. ETHAN YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

yes, yes i am. Now, if this turns into a book, i expect my name to be on the special thanks page

message 6: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Consider it done. :D I TOTALLY HAVE A WONDERFUL IDEA!!!! That's it, I'm in writing mode.....

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

GASP!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

hey, you should call it Transforming moon, cause everyone she sees or sees her transform calles her a were wolf

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 14, 2011 11:52AM) (new)

okay, so in my book, it might sound a little like Maximum Ride, but its entirely different okay? Just stick with it. This is a little bit of a story called Arch Angel

The protagonist is a teenager called Gabriel, is climbing mount everest with his cousin, the antagonist Lucifer(Luke). Luke gets greedy, and attemps to kill Gabe by pushing him off of the mountain. When falling, he gets wings, and whenever people see him, because Luke spred the story of his death, they think he's an angel, so he goes around trying to convience the world that hes alive, when he acually is a human version of the arch angel Gabriel, and Luke is a personification of the devil, and they fight, and im not sure how it ends yet.

message 10: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy THAT.IS.AWESOME.
I kid you not. That's such a cool plot line!! I really like it!!! So, how did Luke become greedy? like, he wanted to get to the top first, or...?

also, I think I'm gonna stick with Wolfish, as much as I love the suggested title! I put up the prologue in the Writing section.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Luke became so greedy because he is a human personification of the ex-Arch Angel, Lucifer, or better known as the devil. The reason he became the devil is he became jelous of gods power, and tried to steal it. So, he became jelous that Gabe would be youngest to climb mount Everest, so attempted murder.

message 12: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy OOOOOHHH. I understand. :D have you started typing it up yet?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

No, i cant think of the right opening. And i decided how the book will end.

message 14: by Lizzy (last edited Jul 14, 2011 01:26PM) (new)

Lizzy I guess you could start the opening with the two boys already half way up the climb...? or maybe them being on a plane traveling towards the himalayas? Or you could have it start off with a rewind?
What kind of point of view is it? first person? third? Omnicent?
Good!! Endings are good to have, because that way you know where your working towards... ;)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Probably Thrid person omnicent

message 16: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) What does omnicent mean?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

third person omnicent is when the narrator isnt one of the people, but has access to everyones thoughts

message 18: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) ah, thats what my book is :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

cool

message 20: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) you should go check it out, the link is in the writing topic