Karen Chance Fans discussion

Book Corner > Love Triangles - the Best and Worst.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 111 (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) i have to say that i really enjoy some love triangles like cassie with pritkin and mircea and rose with dimitri and adrian, but there are some i also dont enjoy like anita with jean-claude and richard and zoey from HoN with stark, erik, heath, fallen angel dude and loren.

what's your opinion on love triangles and what makes them good or bad??
which do you like the most and which do you dis-like the most??
and who do you want to "win" (like the most) in the end??

message 2: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Jul 09, 2011 07:53AM) (new)

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) i have to say im totally 100% pritkin and cassie :D and i dont think i need to explain why, hehe.

and i hope anita dumps those to bum-holes!!

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Davie (kathydavie) | 457 comments I like love triangles because it ups the tension levels especially the sexual ones! I prefer the earlier Jean-Claude-Anita ones. If Richard fell off the face of the earth, it would be okay with me. He needs to grow up. Naturally, the Pritkin-Cassie-Mircea. I rather like the tension that comes about when Kate's unfriend, the frost giant guy whose name I cannot remember pushes Curran's buttons. Then there's the Ranger-Stephanie-Joe triangle which is so much fun. I'm curious to see where J.R. Ward is gonna go with Vishous' feelings about Butch...

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) Kathy wrote: "I like love triangles because it ups the tension levels especially the sexual ones! I prefer the earlier Jean-Claude-Anita ones. If Richard fell off the face of the earth, it would be okay with me...."

holy cow im not up to some of the things you'v said but im excited now!!

Vishous and Butch?? i knew them two were a bit odd with each other just for friends, but all the friends (vamps) seemed a bit touchy feely so i didnt think anything of it, lol.

im looking forward to reading about stephanie with jo and ranger, im only up to book 6 and ranger's just started showing interest.

i love how mircea wont step on cassie's toes when it comes to pritkin, mircea's prob afraid that she will yell his head of and leave, lol. i dont think mircea would do that with anyone else.

why do you want Jean-Claude to stay with anita??

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Davie (kathydavie) | 457 comments Vishous has got this attraction thing going on for Butch. Butch gets it. He doesn't swing that way but he does understand V's attraction.

Jean-Claude and Anita are more on the same wave length. They get each other. They understand how the world works and while Anita isn't looking for people to kill, she doesn't hesitate to protect. And Jean-Claude doesn't fault her for it.

And on a purely survival note, Anita needs J-C's strength. I also rather like that J-C is afraid of Anita!

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) yea i agree with you on that part. it use to drive me insane how richard almost gets everyone killed because he dosnt want to kill on of the bad guys, (view spoiler) i was highly disappointed in richard then and in anita for just forgiving him afterwards.

message 7: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 8 comments what books are stephanie, joe, and ranger from?

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich - Stephanie plum series

message 9: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 8 comments ♥ Ashleigh ♥ wrote: "One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich - Stephanie plum series"

Oh, thanks. I tried to read the first one a while back but didn't care for it.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) i think the 3rd one is the best so far but im only up to book 6.

message 11: by L-D (new)

L-D (lannie95) I agree - I'm so sick of Anita/Jean-Claude/Richard triangle. Enough of that nonsense. You can't really call it a triangle when you get far enough into her series. Then it becomes more of a dodecagon!

In Downside Ghosts from Stacia Kane a love triangle develops that I enjoy, but it's one of those stressful love triangles where you're praying for a certain outcome and not sure if it's going to happen.

There's a love triangle in Anne Aguirre's Corine Solomon series which involves an ex-boyfriend.

Cassandra Clare's Clockwork Angel series has one between Tess, Jem, and Will

One of my recent favorites is a triangle in the Disillusionist Trilogy by Carolyn Crane. Justine's mentor Packard as well as one of Justine's marked (no spoiler). This series was a random, lucky find for me. I liked the cover and the description so I decided to try it out. I enjoyed it a lot.

Another obvious one is Sookie Stackhouse and her buffet table of men

Also Signs of the Zodiac starts with a triangle until she makes her decision between her two love interests.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) oo i remember the Disillusionist trilogy, i only read the first book and they were just starting the love triangle, i hope she stay's with the nice guy. Packard can be a bit of an ass, lol.

i loved strange angels love triangle between dru, graves and Christophe, im waiting for the last book to come out but im starting to think she wont end up with any of them.
Christophe is a bit creepy but he understands the whole vamp thing while Graves has decided being a vamp is gross and he's above that.... she can do better.

i sometimes wish anita would start dating edward, lol. now that would be amusing.

message 13: by L-D (new)

L-D (lannie95) ♥ Ashleigh ♥ wrote: "oo i remember the Disillusionist trilogy, i only read the first book and they were just starting the love triangle, i hope she stay's with the nice guy. Packard can be a bit of an ass, lol.

i love..."

I don't know the strange angels series - I'll have to look that up. Yes, I have wished Edward and Anita would get closer - not at first because of his "dead eyes" - that was uber-creepy. But I like him more and more every time he shows up. But I hate the whole Donna thing. I mean, if you're going to pretend to be a real person and live a lie, couldn't you pick someone better than Donna? At least I like Peter.

I read you started Narcissus in chains and it's tough going. There are some good things about this book that really affect Anita's future. Keep reading - don't give up!

message 14: by Ayalla (new)

Ayalla | 23 comments I only know 2 love triangles, Cassie/Pritkin/Mircea and Anita/JC/Richard.
I really like the C/P/M triangle, I don't know why, but I enjoy reading it. Probably because Cassie is not really into one of them or atleast not sure yet. And personally I can't decide if I like Pritkin or Mircea more, I want them both.

I only read 8 Anita Blake books, but 8 books full of that triangle are 6-7 to much. And I am really really tired of it, that is why I won't read the other 12 books in the near future. From no pre-marital sex to slut in one book is quite fast. And I didn't like the fact that she dated both of them at the same time. Loyality is an important character attribute for me. If you really love someone, you should only see that person and not being tempted by other man that extrem.

Ow, I know a third triangle. Vampire Diaries, its been a while since I read the first 6 books(I think). But Damon, Stephan and blond-highschool-princess-i-cant-remember-her-name are quite interessting, in the books atleast. I like the triangle because I always hoped she would start to date Damon, but was loyal enough to not do it.

Vishous and Butch!! I love the idea, I am normally not into M/M, but somehow it is damn hot. Maybe I should try out some M/M erotica.. (actually can someone explain me, why there are so many M/M eroticas out? Are gay man reading more than straight? And why are most of the comments on that books written by females? It sounds so wrong.)

(Btw. I am deeply sorry about my english, I am practising, writing is so much harder than understanding.)

message 15: by Sophie (last edited Jul 18, 2011 05:11AM) (new)

Sophie (kurosymph) | 136 comments Ayalla wrote: "Vishous and Butch!! I love the idea, I am normally not into M/M, but somehow it is damn hot. Maybe I should try out some M/M erotica.. "

There is?? Never seen any in novel-form. On the other hand, yaoi is quite everywhere in mangas.

Ayalla wrote: "(actually can someone explain me, why there are so many M/M eroticas out? Are gay man reading more than straight? And why are most of the comments on that books written by females? It sounds so wrong.)"

I think a hell of lot of women read M/M erotica. More than gay men, or straight men for that matter.
What I found (first thing on google u_u'

Ayalla wrote: "(Btw. I am deeply sorry about my english, I am practising, writing is so much harder than understanding.) "

Bla. Your English is very good. In fact I noticed non-native speakers care much more about proper grammar and orthograph^^. And btw I'm not native either, I'm your friendly neighborhood French, who notoriously suck at languages ;D

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) Lan-Dinh wrote: "I don't know the strange angels series - I'll have to look that up. Yes, I have wished Edward and Anita would get closer - not at first because of his "dead eyes" - that was uber-creepy. But I like him more and more every time he shows up. But I hate the whole Donna thing. I mean, if you're going to pretend to be a real person and live a lie, couldn't you pick someone better than Donna? At least I like Peter. "

i love strange angels, its a bit young maybe but totally cute - dru is the best :P
i didnt mind donna, i like what he brought out it edward. im so glad antia almost gave donna the smack down - that was hilarious. also how edward keep asking anita for advice, lol classic!

Ayalla wrote: "I only read 8 Anita Blake books, but 8 books full of that triangle are 6-7 to much. And I am really really tired of it, that is why I won't read the other 12 books in the near future. From no pre-marital sex to slut in one book is quite fast. And I didn't like the fact that she dated both of them at the same time. Loyality is an important character attribute for me. If you really love someone, you should only see that person and not being tempted by other man that extrem."

yea i was heaps bothered by that as well, i didnt like the start of this series much but than it started getting good than Hamilton destroyed it completely.
i liked how she was into no sex before marriage, it is different compared to most book with a main kick butt heroine.

Ayalla wrote: "(Btw. I am deeply sorry about my english, I am practising, writing is so much harder than understanding.) "

your english is prob better than mine and i only speak english, lol.
i agree with Sophie i butcher the english language. most people do.

message 17: by L-D (new)

L-D (lannie95) Everyone who hates the Anita Blake series because of the fact that she sleeps with anything on two legs or four paws (Lan-Dinh raising her hand) should at least read the episodes that focus on Edward and his bounty hunter/Federal Marshall crew (Bernard and Olaf).

I have not read any M/M erotica but I did read the first book in Sydney Croft's ACRO series and there was one M/M scene. I have to admit that it was pretty steamy. It wasn't hugely graphic which probably helped me through it, but it didn't make me feel uncomfortable at all and I would be interested to see more scenes with this character.

Also - I definitely in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series rooted for Butch and Vishous as well as Blay and Quinn. While J.R.Ward has not done any graphic M/M scenes, I would think that when she finally gives Blay/Quinn a HEA, it's bound to happen.

message 18: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments Found the perfect song for the Cassie/Pritkin angle. You'll be a woman soon by Urge Overkill

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) i totally agree with Lan-Dinh about reading the edward episode, it's deferentially one of the best!

message 20: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Jul 22, 2011 04:47AM) (new)

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) Kat wrote: "Found the perfect song for the Cassie/Pritkin angle. You'll be a woman soon by Urge Overkill "

hmm im not sure if i agree but yet again i dont usually like this type of music... strangely enough this song reminds me of "Dusk till Dawn" which is a weird old movie but its totally awesome :D

message 21: by L-D (new)

L-D (lannie95) ♥ Ashleigh ♥ wrote: "Kat wrote: "strangely enough this song reminds me of "Dusk till Dawn" which is a weird old movie but its totally awesome :D "

Totally loved "Dusk till Dawn"....hmmm....that probably makes me weird and old too!

message 22: by Munchkin (new)

Munchkin | 14 comments It's a cult classic !

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) haha, its awesome as.. im know sure why it is but it is.
i bought the dvd for myself a little while ago :D

i love that syco guy - Quentin Tarantino. he fully gives me the creeps but he totally cool, lol.

and every female on the planet has to love George Clooney :P

message 24: by L-D (new)

L-D (lannie95) My husband sounds just like George Clooney so sometimes I just close my eyes...hahaha!

message 25: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Davie (kathydavie) | 457 comments Munchkin wrote: "It's a cult classic !"

Knew I was in the right place...

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) Lan-Dinh wrote: "My husband sounds just like George Clooney so sometimes I just close my eyes...hahaha!"

haha awesome!

message 27: by Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ (last edited Jul 25, 2011 02:01PM) (new)

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 1164 comments Kathy wrote: "Munchkin wrote: "It's a cult classic !"

Knew I was in the right place..."

I may be mistaken but I think that Quentin Tarantino worked in that movie. He just add this something that even a low budget movie looks either hilarious or great.

message 28: by Duca (new)

Duca (sapphireofslytherin) | 468 comments He was in it, I distinctly remember Tarantino got to drink beer off Salma Hayek's body while she held a giant snake on her shoulders. Good film, that :P

message 29: by Aleksandra (new)

Aleksandra (AlexZiel) | 158 comments Oh, I remember that! ;-P

message 30: by L-D (new)

L-D (lannie95) I think Tarantino has those quick cameos in a lot of his movies. And why not put yourself in a movie where you can drink off Salma Hayek??

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) man he is an awesome actor.

i think he's a director now??

message 32: by Munchkin (new)

Munchkin | 14 comments yes, QT almost always has a cameo in the movies he directs. inside his head would be a scaarryyy place to be. :) love many of his movies Dusk to Dawn, Kill Bill, Natural Born Killers, Pulp Fiction etc.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) Munchkin wrote: "inside his head would be a scaarryyy place to be. :)"

lol i agree

message 34: by Munchkin (last edited Jul 28, 2011 09:44PM) (new)

Munchkin | 14 comments Been a while since we watched Dusk to Dawn 1&2 or Kill Bill 1&2.
May have to watch to catch the song. Hubby was listening to the Natural Born Killers soundtrack just the other day.
Obv no little people at our house regularly! We just work with other people's children,lol!

message 35: by Duca (new)

Duca (sapphireofslytherin) | 468 comments Don't forget Reservoir Dogs :P

message 36: by Munchkin (new)

Munchkin | 14 comments Ah yes,how could I have missed it in my list!

message 37: by Aileen (new)

Aileen | 867 comments Okay so...I have to admit, I REALLY enjoy the Cassie/Mircea/Pritkin love triangle. I used to like the Anita Blake love...dodecahedron buttttt...not so much anymore, too little Jean-Claude too much other people. I also really enjoy the kind of sort of love triangle in the Need series by Carrie Jones, between Astley, Zara, and Nick. Also Iron Fey series with Puck Ash and Meghan. Though in all honestly I usually hate love triangles. I hate how you usually just KNOW who the girl is going to end up with, but i REALLY REALLY REALLY hate when they KILL OFF one of the guys in the love triangle to make room for the other, I just think it is not FAIR and a bit of a cop out, unless they have already bowed out, then it's alright and I don't mind AS MUCH.

message 38: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 6376 comments I think it really depends on the book/series/characters for me.

I am enjoying the C/M/P triangle . . . I think I would be happy regardless who she ends up with because it's handled so well.

Anita Blake . . . ugh. I actually just wish Richard would go find someone else to love and leave that world.

I really do get annoyed with early resolved love stories. One of the few where the love stories were resolved early on but i like the series is (view spoiler) but the relationship is continually changing and growing as is the characters.

I hate admitting this, because a lot of UF fans look down upon people like me, butttt . . . the romance in story lines can really make or break a book for me.

message 39: by Lannister (new)

Lannister (lannisteruk) | 10911 comments Aileen, I do like Cassie's love triangle too, but I think that's got a lot to do with the way KC writes it, rather than a fondness for love triangles in general. I hope KC doesn't kill off Mircea, though I wouldn't completely rule out that happening. Usually, you like one guy in the triangle, and the other not so much. KC has made us like BOTH her guys, and there'll be hell to pay if they don't both survive the series!!

Zeenat, hey, no-one should look down on you for that!! We all have different tastes and there is no 'right' or 'wrong' answer here! I will admit I'm not so keen on PNR, but I wouldn't dream of knocking someone who is. If you enjoy a book, that's all that matters! I've only just finished the first Night Huntress series, but I guess this series will be more about action than romance??

message 40: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 6376 comments Zeenat, hey, no-one should look down on you for that!! We all have different tastes and there is no 'right' or 'wrong' answer here! I will admit I'm not so keen on PNR, but I wouldn't dream of knocking someone who is. If you enjoy a book, that's all that matters! I've only just finished the first Night Huntress series, but I guess this series will be more about action than romance?? "

Thanks. I actually meant romance in my actual urban fantasy. I prefer urban fantasy to PNR, but I like romance in my UF. LOL i'm weird :)

Night Huntress has a lot of action and magic--but it does have a good focus on relationships, all type I would say.

message 41: by Lannister (new)

Lannister (lannisteruk) | 10911 comments Nothing wrong with a bit of romance in UF either! Try to imagine the Kate Daniels series without the relationship between Kate and Curran. It wouldn't be anywhere near as good, I don't think. God, could you even imagine the Cassie books without Mircea and Pritkin fussing over her?! Pooh!

message 42: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ , Mircea's Moderatrix (new)

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) | 6029 comments Mod
I could imagine KD without the romance. I'd even like it better. LOL

message 43: by Zeenat (last edited Apr 01, 2012 10:27AM) (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 6376 comments Oh I couldn't imagine Kate without Curran. that would be miserable. lol Or maybe I just want curran . .

message 44: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ , Mircea's Moderatrix (new)

I still hope they won't be together at the end of the series!

Franny (The Reader's Edge) (frannymiller) | 45 comments I'm with you Zeenatroohi, i'm not much for PNR. I love UF, BUT I prefer at least a dash of romance. By romance, I don't mean sex. I like the tension that comes along with the romance, the build up. Kate & Curran and Mercy & Adam are good examples.

message 46: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ , Mircea's Moderatrix (new)

I don't need romance in my books. The only couple I care about are V and Butch! Apart from that I want sex but not the predictable romance. It's always the same. LOL

message 47: by Lannister (new)

Lannister (lannisteruk) | 10911 comments See, we all like different things. Except the one thing we all agree on is that Curran is Da Hotness. This is like one of fundamental laws of the universe!!

message 48: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ , Mircea's Moderatrix (new)

Hell yeah! There is no doubt about that! DA HOTNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 49: by Lannister (new)

Lannister (lannisteruk) | 10911 comments DA HOTNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 50: by Aileen (new)

Aileen | 867 comments Lol I love this, sadly I have not read the Kate Daniels series (yet...) butttt it sounds good. Though I agree, if KC killed of Mircea I think a part of me would die with him. Same goes for Pritkin though. And I think you're right Lannister, without her writing style (which is epiccccccc) I don't think I would like it as much, I think by now I would have wanted Cassie to decide one way or another. Also, Night Huntress series, I've read all except for one of the spin offs and I really like them, I think Bones is one of absolute favorite male characters EVER, I think it may be the British thing...or the whole British slang thing...or both...yeah, I think it's both, I have a SERIOUS weakness for accents, it's becoming a problem.

« previous 1 3