Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived "Buddy Reads" > Planning Ahead: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I've had a copy of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson for a long time, and think I should finally read it. If anybody would like to do a buddy read, you can post here. I'm thinking we could start around August 15th or so, but that date is flexible.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I've read this one, ✿Michelle✿, but I have it on request at the library as an audiobook. I don't know when I'll get it as there is a long wait.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments I want to read that too Michelle! I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the date.... because after we read Outlander I have to read A Game of Thrones, which I've been DYING to read!!

message 4: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments I'm in the same boat! Want to read this, but want to read AGOT first and currently knee-deep in Outlander!!!
I'm a bit confused as I thought I saw this as next month's BOM, will this be BOM or buddy-read?

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Hey, where did I post that I was no longer in the 120's on the wait list at the library?

message 6: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Hey, where did I post that I was no longer in the 120's on the wait list at the library?"

in the BOM thread, I saw it

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Thanks, CaroB. Guess I don't know the difference either. :)

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Aug 22, 2011 02:21PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Okay, I finished the book yesterday. Here is the link to my goodreads review .
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Wow Lisa! Good for you. I'll probably get around to reading it closer to when the movie comes out.

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments It was a tough one for me, Megan. Talk about a challenge!

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments From your review it does sound like a challenging book to read.

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Aug 22, 2011 12:20PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yeah, ✿Michelle✿ got me into this one and then bailed. Should I forgive her, since she is overworked right now, not to mention so cute?

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Yeah, ✿Michelle✿ got me into this one and then bailed. Should I forgive her, since she is overworked right now, not to mention so cute?"

Yes, pleeease forgive me, LOL!!

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Okay, ✿Michelle✿. But, only because you are so cute - and have forgiven me for dropping out of Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon . Are we in the right group, or what?

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I fixed my link to my review.

message 16: by Michelle (last edited Aug 22, 2011 03:05PM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I fixed my link to my review."

I'd like to read it now, but with everything going on, I need a light and easy read. You know, something "fluffy". I did hear that the story in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is really good, but takes a while to get into.

message 17: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments All true. I've tried several times before - and three trys this time, LOL!

message 18: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments This thread has been archived.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.