Immortals After Dark discussion

Introductions & Administration > Important Information for New Members

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (last edited Nov 08, 2012 11:56AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 779 comments Mod
Welcome to The Immortals After Dark group, a group for fans of Kresley Cole books, especially her Immortals After Dark series. We are really glad you joined.

Please make yourself at home, and be as active as you like. There is no penalty for lurking, but participation is appreciated.

Here are the Rules:

1. Treat other members, authors, and their books with respect. Take personal disagreements off the list. Disagree cordially. You are welcome to say you do not like a certain book by Kresley Cole and why, but keep it positive. Please refrain from bashing authors on this group.
2. Use spoiler spaces when discussing important plot points of the books, especially newly released books. The threads for newly released books should be automatically assumed for spoilers. If you start a thread for a new release add *SPOILER* to the title.
3. If members post photos with nudity, please post them in the Photos and Images *Not Safe for Work* thread.
4. Members are welcome to start topic threads. Please try to put the thread where it should go. If you aren't sure, don't fret. A moderator will move it to the correct place. We are going to make an effort not to have duplicate threads on the group. Please check to ensure that you are not starting a duplicate thread when you decide to start a topic. You can view all the threads by clicking on the discussion link to the right on the group page. The threads are divided into folders. Click on 'view all' to see all the threads under a particular folder.
5.All self-promotional content (including blogs and websites, author promotions) needs to be posted in the Promotions Folder. They will be deleted if posted elsewhere.

message 2: by Jasmina (new)

Jasmina Domazet (Jaca90su) | 14 comments I'm glad I can talk to you all about fictional characters as if they where real,and have you still think me sane............LOVE THE I.A.D. adore Lothaire and Nix love the world that Kresley Cole created for as txn!!!!

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, Jasmina!

message 4: by Jasmina (new)

Jasmina Domazet (Jaca90su) | 14 comments Tnx

message 5: by Ute (new)

Ute (ucarlin) | 8 comments Hi there,

My name is Ute and I started the IAD series a few months ago. I read my way up to book 8 right now and fell absolutely in love with all the characters.

I am sooooo happy I found this group where I can talk with fellow IAD fanatics .

Thanks for letting me join

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, Ute!

message 7: by Ute (new)

Ute (ucarlin) | 8 comments Thank you :)

message 8: by Dani (new)

Dani (danifloyd) Good morning!

I started the IAD series about a month a go. I love them all and the world that has been created. It's great how the older characters play a nice role in the new books. The MacRieve's are my favorite (especially Garreth). I Just started Dreams of a Dark Warrior last night.

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, Dani. Glad you joined.

message 10: by Ute (new)

Ute (ucarlin) | 8 comments Welcome Dani :)

The MacRieve's are my favorites as well, but I have to admit, after I read Lothaire - I am not so sure anymore :)

Glad to have you :)

message 11: by Jasmina (new)

Jasmina Domazet (Jaca90su) | 14 comments Ute wrote: "Welcome Dani :)

The MacRieve's are my favorites as well, but I have to admit, after I read Lothaire - I am not so sure anymore :)

Glad to have you :)"

Lothaire all the way !!!

message 12: by Jasmina (new)

Jasmina Domazet (Jaca90su) | 14 comments Dani wrote: "Good morning!

I started the IAD series about a month a go. I love them all and the world that has been created. It's great how the older characters play a nice role in the new books. The MacRieve'..."

I love the McRieve but I agree with Ute !Lothaire is rrrrrrrr what ells to coment

message 13: by Jasmina (new)

Jasmina Domazet (Jaca90su) | 14 comments Jasmina wrote: "Dani wrote: "Good morning!

I started the IAD series about a month a go. I love them all and the world that has been created. It's great how the older characters play a nice role in the new books. ..."

Welcome to this beautiful club Dani!!!!! ;-)

message 14: by Viisha (new)

Viisha (viisha_39) | 4 comments Hello IAD fans. I joined this group a month ago, but this is my first time posting here. Well, just wanted to say hello to my fellow fans and say that I am a big sucker for these books! :-)

message 15: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, Viisha!

message 16: by Stacia (new)

Stacia | 1 comments I started reading this series 2 weeks ago. I am currently in book 6 (Rydstrom's book) I am so excited. Every time I think I found my favorite, I change my mind. There is just too much to love :)

message 17: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (millaz) | 46 comments And they just get better and better, Stacia.. :D Happy reading.. :)

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Glad you are enjoying the series, Stacia. This is one of the few series where every book has been five star for me.

message 19: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (millaz) | 46 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Glad you are enjoying the series, Stacia. This is one of the few series where every book has been five star for me."

This is the only series where every book has been 5 stars, for me.. And when you think of how many there are that is quite an achievement.. :D

message 20: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Indeed!

MsAjay (Ms. Undercover Geek) | 28 comments Hello Everyone. I'm MsAjay and I'm so excited about the group. I just discovered the series like two weeks ago and have been hooked ever since!! By the way I am on book 6 :-)

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, MsAjay!

message 23: by Thea (new)

Thea Liwanag-Mabulay (aehtthea) | 2 comments Hello Everyone. I'm Thea and I'm very happy to have found a community that shares my uttermost fondness and love for the IAD series.

I accidentally came across the Pleasures of A Dark Prince a couple years back and after reading it, I felt compelled to hunt down the previous books. Since then I have officially become one of the Lore. :D

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, Thea!

message 25: by Lilu (new)

Lilu | 4 comments Hello fellow addictees My name is Amal and live in UK love KC and any book she has ever written. Glad to among my own kind :)

message 26: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Pyron (jennblueyes) | 2 comments Hello everyone! My name is Jenn and I stumbled across A Hunger Like No Other a couple years ago and since then have been hooked on the IAD series. I eagerly await new releases and am at my local bookstore to buy them as soon as they come out. I am so glad that I found a place where I can talk about the characters and story lines that I have come to love (and the very rare instances when they are just meh) without sounding crazy or obsessed. I have read every installment so far and just started reading the first in The Dacian series, Shadow's Claim. I'm sure you will be hearing from me a lot more in the future but for now I just wanted to introduce myself real quick before I get back to reading what I'm sure will be another great KC book.

message 27: by Brandy (new)

Brandy Cochenour | 5 comments hi everyone, my name is brandy and i have been reading the IAD series for a couple years now, have actually reread all the books a few times lol just cant seem to get enough. i just finished Shadows Claim and am already in love with this series as well. none of my friends are into reading that much so im very glad i found a place where i can talk about these books with people who understand what im talking about :)

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, Amal, Jenn, and Brandy!

message 29: by Fadumo (last edited Dec 04, 2012 07:15AM) (new)

Fadumo (truluvs) | 5 comments Hi,everyone!! My name is Fadumo and I have been a huge fan KS and IAD since A Hunger Like No Other first come out. KS became my must author after that. Finished Shadow's Claim couple days ago.So happy to meet other folks who love and enjoy the books has me. Nice to meet all of you!

message 30: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, Fadumo! I haven't had time to read Shadow's Claim, but I bought my copy. Can't wait to read it!

message 31: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments Hi everybody!
I discovered the IAD series a few years ago with Dark Needs At Night's Edge. I loved it, read it several times but for some reason didn't track down the rest of the books until a few weeks ago. I just spent the last two weeks reading every one of them. I finished a few days ago and am already itching to read them again. I'm waiting until I get my hands on Shadow's Claim. I am so glad this group is here! I can't wait to talk IAD with all of you!

message 32: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, Jessica! We're glad you found the group.

message 33: by iamGamz (new)

iamGamz (shengen) | 2 comments Hi! I'm Shen from NYC. I recently joined Goodreads and I can't believe my good luck in finding this group. I am just about to start the Immortals After Dark series and i'm looking forward to chatting with you all about the books. Yay!!

message 34: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, Shen. We are so glad you joined the group!

message 35: by Zolad (new)

Zolad | 1 comments Oh lawd! I'm obsessed with the IAD series (OBSESSED)!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait for the newest installment "McGrieve" -- he so deserves a mate. This series made me laugh, cry and cussed like a sailor..love it.

message 36: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, Zolad! I love your enthusiasm for the series!

message 37: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments Welcome to all the newcomers. You will love this group. We are all Kresley Cole fanatics, just obsessive about the IAD world and the drool-worthy heroes!

message 38: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kahw) | 5 comments I just discovered these books started a Hunger Like no Other last Thursday and I am on book 6 today, lol...I am so glad to see goodreads has a group!!! I'm totally addicted to this world Ms. Cole has created!

message 39: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, Kelly!

message 40: by Donna (new)

Donna | 2 comments Hi I am Donna. A friend was rather insistant that I try this series. I am so happy she did. I am currently on book 5. Started this series in MAY. I am addicted!
So happy I found this group!

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, Donna. We are starting a series reread in July. Feel free to join us!

message 42: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 3 comments Hello fellow IAD addicts! I'm Rachelle. This was the first series that I read in the paranormal romance genre and I can say that it did not disappoint me. I'm glad that others share the love with me!

message 43: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, Rachelle!

message 44: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 1 comments Hey everyone! My name is Jamie! I got to say these books are amazing.

message 45: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Stokes | 6 comments Hello fellow IAD addicts! My name is Liz and I have read every book and every audio book (Highly recommended to get the FULL IAD experience, Robert is AMAZING) I started reading Hunger Like No Other and wanted to know what happened to Garreth and Lucia but was put off that their book was not for another couple books in the series. a couple months later a friend found my book and was asking about it. She started reading it so I read it again and then just kept going and was hooked! Then I discovered the audio books and that was it I was done for. I fell in love with Bowen MacRieve, his voice melts me. I am so glad to be able to share this with people who understand the world I escape to!

message 46: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, Jamie and Liz! I hope to listen to these on audio one day.

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ Hello everyone, I'm Tamika and I'm new to the group I have read every last IMD books and Book 1 of the Dacians. I have Macrieve but I haven't read it yet guess I'm going to thristing for more IMD so I don't want to quite read it but it's about time. Bowen, Cade, and Lothaire are my all time favorites any one of the wolves I'll take on a golden platter as well as Lothaire I love him. This is one of my fav series so I only feel right to join the group, i'm into other things as well, but I can promise after the 3 books I'm reading now I'll finally read Macrieve scouts honor =)

message 48: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome, Tamika! I added Macrieve to my Christmas list, since I couldn't get the hardcover, so I haven't read it either!

I can't pick a favorite IAD hero.

message 49: by Redhead (new)

Redhead | 1 comments Ooh, i need this book just right now!! I wait so long for their HEA(

message 50: by Bree (new)

Bree (breeshan) | 26 comments Hello,
I'm Bree, and I just read A Hunger Like No Other (#2). I thought it was great:) I haven't read the first book yet, because I've only found it as an ebook. I am diving into the 3rd book right now, No Rest For The Wicked. I love the romance, and the fast pace of the story, and the mythical creatures and fantasy lore the author has built. Cheers:)

« previous 1