Anything Goes discussion

ARCHIVES > August read 2011

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette | 1282 comments Mod
what do you want the group to read in August 2011? or shall the group do the same as this month(july 2011)?

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric (beefdurkee) | 122 comments I did like the July read idea and wouldn't mind doing this again. Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

message 3: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) Since I'm still not finished my July read, & probably won't be even by the 31st, sounds good to me!

message 4: by Ice (new)

Ice Bear (neilar) | 900 comments All the Dogs are back in the library !

BUT my wife has my library card

:-!

message 5: by JackieB (new)

JackieB | 251 comments Eric wrote: "I did like the July read idea and wouldn't mind doing this again. Anybody else have any thoughts on this?"

I really enjoyed the July read idea. I would like to do it again if other people are also in favour of that.

message 6: by JackieB (last edited Jul 12, 2011 06:04AM) (new)

JackieB | 251 comments Ice wrote: "All the Dogs are back in the library !

BUT my wife has my library card

:-!"

How did that happen? Did she confiscate it? Is there any chance you can get it back before All the Dogs go walkies again (sorry, I just couldn't resist). Enquiring minds need to know!

message 7: by Ice (new)

Ice Bear (neilar) | 900 comments I lent her my card to get some reading from my tbr at the Central Library since she works close by - 50mtrs to be more precise and indoors all the way !

She managed to get one item, way down my list, but left with a sense of confusion as to the layout and where book categories are (and even the staff were unsure) - I have to agree with her at this point, but when I used it I had more time than just the lunch hour.

Even reserving a copy on line from the central library
has the risk of it being loaned in the interim.

I think I will start working in Leicester again !!!!

message 8: by JackieB (new)

JackieB | 251 comments Ice, I may have some bad news for you. There's no easy way to write this, but are you aware that the central Library in Leicester has been merged with the reference library? Consequently there is much less room and the wonderful building which housed the lending library is going to be sold off (or maybe has been sold off).
We also have no county reserve anymore. That was sold (or otherwise disposed of) to save money.

message 9: by Ice (new)

Ice Bear (neilar) | 900 comments Out of the frying pan ........ what is this country coming to ..... Well I did once have a job near the British Library.

message 10: by Ice (new)

Ice Bear (neilar) | 900 comments At my library I have put a hold on the May, July and August read. I will then only have April and June to do!

For August I am selecting Economic Facts and Fallacies.

I should have more reading time as less 'hill training' and finished watching 'The Pacific' not as good as 'Band of Brothers'.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

The Peach Keeper

This was so good.

message 12: by JackieB (last edited Aug 08, 2011 10:07AM) (new)

JackieB | 251 comments I forgot to post that I've decided to read Remains of an Altar : A Merrily Watkins Mystery. It's really good so far.