Zombies! discussion

Book Discussions > Bowie V. Ibarra "Down the Road 3: The Fall of Austin"

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy (new)

Joy Killar (joykillar) | 23 comments As a follower of the "Down the Road" series I was holding my breath waiting for this volume to be published. Indeed, I actually did count days until it was available. I have not been disappointed. Mr. Ibarra proves once again he is the master of writing page-turning, zombie gore!

I believe that "The Fall of Austin" is superior, in many ways, to the earlier novels. The first two were fantastic but this steps it up a notch. There are tie-ins from the first novel which are bittersweet and some that left me speechless. The violence is far more graphic in this novel and I was riveted by every gory detail! If you can picture me reading with my eyes covered then you will completely understand
The characters are very well defined, written in a manner that lends bonding with the reader. Each personality shone uniquely and there was never a problem trying to get a feel for their actions or their intent. The character development kept the story edgy and suspenseful, progressing towards cumulative ending that was honestly gripping.
I would like to recommend "Down the Road 3: The Fall of Austin" by Bowie V. Ibarra for countless reasons. But if you pick this book up just for its well written, multi-faceted plot, and also for the amazing, fast paced action you will be happy you did.

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott Baker | 84 comments Thanks. Will definitely check it out.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 48 comments Interesting. I have the The Fall of Austin (haven't read it yet), but I didn't realize it was part of a series.

message 4: by Joy (last edited Jul 09, 2011 07:50AM) (new)

Joy Killar (joykillar) | 23 comments The novel reads as a stand alone. You my appreciate the tie-ins but you do not have to read the first two books to enjoy this one!

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 48 comments What's the name of the first two books, Joy?

message 6: by Joy (new)

Joy Killar (joykillar) | 23 comments "Down the Road"
"Down the Road: On the Last Day"
Bowie V. Ibarra on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=s...

In my review I don't delve into the romantic relationship of Officer Mike Runyard and Keri or the sweet unfailing attempts of Nick Lopez to be reunited with his wife. Bowie really does have every element for the perfect z-poc novel in "DtR3". I am a fanatical zombie reader and this was the best I have read this year!

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 48 comments Thanks! It looks like book 2 and 3 are available on Smashwords, but not book 1. Go figure. I'll probably just buy the paperback version of the first one.

message 8: by Joy (new)

Joy Killar (joykillar) | 23 comments I would really like to hear what you think, Amanda. It has been awhile since I read the first two. It would be interesting to have the response of someone who reads them together. I really should go back and reread..

Did you know you can download Kindle for free for your PC or MAC? I am just wondering if that is why you are not ordering the Kindle version from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html...

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 48 comments I have Kindle for PC and a Nook Color. I just like PDF format better. I do buy from Amazon, but I don't like to give them all my business, you know? I'd rather spread it around. I'd buy these straight from Permuted Press, but they don't appear to sell ebooks directly from their website.

message 10: by Joy (new)

Joy Killar (joykillar) | 23 comments You are able to order straight from Bowie's site, which also has his blogs and vids:

www.ZombieBloodFights.com

My site which has many authors on it and so many activities, discussions, and chat:
www.zombiefiend.com

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 48 comments Sadly, it looks like Bowie just links to Amazon.

message 12: by Joy (new)

Joy Killar (joykillar) | 23 comments Oh! You are right! I am sorry, I thought he might ship from his home. Sorry about that....

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 48 comments No problem at all. Thanks for the tip on the rest of the series. I'll definitely check them out.