"REHAB" discussion

The Princess Bride
This topic is about The Princess Bride
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Spotlight! > The Princess Bride by William Goldman

Comments Showing 1-50 of 109 (109 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hannah | 3223 comments Mod
NEW BOOK! Everyone our latest and Greatest(by majority)is......THE PRINCESS BRIDE! Have fun!

message 2: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (jeanne_voelker) Fun choice! I loved the movie! I've heard there are some big differences between the book and the movie, so I'm curious to see what they are.

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 187 comments The movie is awesome. I have yet to read the book however.

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments the book is the most amazing book on planet earth!!! well, one of them. i think its my favorite book of all times. it is amazing! susan and jeanne, you two must read the book immediately!!!!

message 5: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh yeah I have wanted to read this for a LONG time. I'm really excited for it. Hope you all enjoy it! :D

message 6: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new) - rated it 4 stars

I trust you Zoe

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments trusting me is good. lol. read it already! i want to talk to someone about it and get all excited!!!

message 8: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily | 665 comments I will get it at the library as soon as I can! Wait, Hannah, does Deborah have it, do you think?

message 9: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new) - rated it 4 stars

@emy: Uh...prossibly..yes....XD But when will you see her?

message 10: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily | 665 comments Good point...

message 11: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new) - rated it 4 stars

Haha yeppers. :D

message 12: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily | 665 comments At a dance?

Ingrid This is one of the best books ever.

message 14: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new) - rated it 4 stars

So I've heard. :D

message 15: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emily wrote: "At a dance?"

I guess so? I don't know when you'll see her.

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 187 comments If you're wondering which Princess Bride character you are, take this quiz here:
http://www.allthetests.com/quiz09/qui...

I took it and I was Westley.

Ingrid I am Vizzini.

message 18: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Katerina (klymene) | 2740 comments Mod
I am Inigo! He's AWESOME!!!! Somehow, I get the sense that if someone got Buttercup, they are probably a ditz. No insult intended.
They need Humperdink in the quiz

message 19: by anilee, "Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion." (new)

anilee (anileesghost) | 780 comments Mod
I don't have to take it to tell you that I'd get Vizzini, although honestly, that's an insult; I am much too clever to be compared to such an idiot. Vizzini only likes to think he's smart; he really isn't. Otherwise, he wouldn't have lost. Also, if I were hired to start a war, I'd try to think of something more interesting than kidnapping some boring woman. I would also have a better team.

message 20: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new) - rated it 4 stars

I AM WESTLEY!!!

Yeah really

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments i am westley too!!!1 humph. i like inigo best. and vizzini. and count rugen. why isnt he and humperdik on it?

Siareen | 1620 comments why is everyone coming out Westly? i did too

message 23: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Maybe when you aren't an extreme, you get Westly. Buttercup's a ditz. Inigo is an obsessive swordsman, so alot of his answers have to do with fencing. Vizzini is stupidly smart, and his every word is a bit of an exaggeration. So Westly is the happy medium. Oh, and that giant guy is just kinda stupid

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments yeah, for every answer i could tell who is was for. it was sort of obvious. but i wanted to be inigo. :(

message 25: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

I honestly compared my self to every answer. I don't think I chose a single Buttercup answer. She really does sound like a ditz.

Ingrid Buttercup is such a ditz, at least, rather fluffy headed.
Also, there is too much about true love in the Westley department. That just isn't me.
I'm too smart to be Fezzik.
I'd probably be a mixture of Inigo and Vizzini.

Siareen | 1620 comments in a funny way. some of the answers made me crack up, like the 'rhyming makes everything better' or whatever it was :)

trust me, i didnt answer as any of the 'true love' ones, and i STILL got Westley

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 187 comments I was Buttercup the first time.

Linda | 1 comments I started reading this over the weekend, I had the book in my to-be-read shelf and bumped it up. I am ejoying it so far. I'm probably on the fifth chapter.

message 30: by Rebekah Faith (last edited Jul 20, 2011 10:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments I'm Westley. And my brother is watching the movie in the other room- how coincidental.

message 31: by anilee, "Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion." (new)

I made my younger brother watch the movie once....When it started, he was like, "Why are you making me watch this?" Then Buttercup was kidnapped, and he was like, "Oh."

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments Hahaha, it's such a movie for my family. It really is. :)

message 33: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

anilee wrote: "I made my younger brother watch the movie once....When it started, he was like, "Why are you making me watch this?" Then Buttercup was kidnapped, and he was like, "Oh.""

What's that suppose to mean?

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments Her brother realized that The Princess Bride wasn't just a chick flick.

message 35: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

But isn't the kidnapping of the fairest maiden in the kingdom considered a chick flick?

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments But it's action and comedy too.

message 37: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

I suppose.

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments Yes. :)
SO I just got this book out of the library. :)

message 39: by anilee, "Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion." (new)

Klymene wrote: "But isn't the kidnapping of the fairest maiden in the kingdom considered a chick flick?"

I'd argue that the classification of "chick flick" is given not only to films of particular plot lines (like romantic comedies) but also films of particular tones. Although The Princess Bride's basic plot could be found in a chick flick, the tone taken is definitely more of a comedy. It's not a romance or a tearjerker. Like, you could rewrite the screenplay and make it a chick flick easily enough, but as it stands, it really isn't.

But the beginning of the film is really sappy and everything. Like, I couldn't blame my younger brother for reacting like the little boy does when his grandfather starts reading the book. But once it gets going...

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments the beginning is SUPPOSED to be sappy. it makes the rest so much better. but im just prejudice. the princess bride is my favorite book of all times and the movie is one of my favorites.

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments The movie is one of my favorites- I'll form an opinion on the book later since i just started it.

message 42: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

My da refuses to buy the movie. Gr. I loved the movie for forever though. We watched it once when I was younger and then for a while I'd just stare at it when we went to the library or Blockbuster, going, "I think I've watched that..."

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments Hahah, that's great, Klym.

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments we have the dvd. everyone in my family is obsessed with it expect for one of my brothers and my mom. a few months ago we did movie night and watched the princess bride adn my dad got mad and me and my sister because we kept saying the lines along with the movie.

message 45: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Me. I'd probably comment on it like the whole time. I do that when my sister watches barbie movies. "Gosh, that's so lame. She just stated the obvious again.."

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 187 comments I love Barbie movies.

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments hahah well Barbie movie ARE for little kids.

Siareen | 1620 comments i love them, but there ARE some parts that make me think 'seriously?!?!? who in their right minds would do that?!?'
still, they are very cute.

Siareen | 1620 comments i quote along with the princess bride, potc and lotr though. i get on peoples nerves.
oh, and NEVER watch harry potter with me [or any movie to which i have read teh book]
i tend not to shut up :D

message 50: by Mason (new)

Mason | 54 comments Inigo Montoya: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Count Rugen: Stop saying that!

[Vizzini has just cut the rope The Dread Pirate Roberts is climbing up]
Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Inigo Montoya: [Both characters are engaged in a sword fight] You are using Bonetti's Defense against me, ah?
Man in Black: I thought it fitting considering the rocky terrain.
Inigo Montoya: Naturally, you must suspect me to attack with Capa Ferro?
Man in Black: Naturally... but I find that Thibault cancels out Capa Ferro. Don't you?
Inigo Montoya: Unless the enemy has studied his Agrippa... which I have.

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.