Quilt, Read, Eat, Sleep.... What Else Is There? discussion

What are you sewing right now? > Quilting Fairy Godmother

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Have you met your quilting fairy godmother? This website is offering free godmother paper piecing mystery blocks. You have to answer some questions about your preferences (eg you chose between triangle, circle, trapezoid, etc. to help identify her.

http://www.paperpanache.com/MBs/MB61/...

My quilting fairy godmother is Curviinka, and I'm going to paper piece her on Sunday at our monthly quilting group. I can't wait to see what she looks like.

message 2: by Judy (new)

Judy Iliff (JudyI) | 301 comments Mod
My Fairy Quilt Godmother is Raffellizara. I don't think I even know how to pronounce that name! Now I'm waiting for my confirmation e-mail!

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (frecklesquilts) | 104 comments Oh, WOW! Thank you so much for posting this!! I visit Paper Panache when I remember, but I hadn't for awhile.....

I am Showmina.

message 4: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (boxershiner) | 60 comments I got mine, but don't see any time in the near future to git 'er done. I like paper piecing for realistic looking nature things, because I don't have the patience for applique.
Here are some more I enjoy. Most of them have some sort of free monthly offering with a reminder notification. http://www.heleenpinkster.nl/ http://chasenbach.tripod.com/bqn/Page... http://www.lenzula.de/pattern/index.p... http://www.silverliningsoriginals.com/ http://www.reginagrewe.de/00main/05gr...

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathrynh) Cathy wrote: "I got mine, but don't see any time in the near future to git 'er done. I like paper piecing for realistic looking nature things, because I don't have the patience for applique.
Here are some more I..."

These are some great sites and I've not encountered any of them before. Thank you for sharing!

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (frecklesquilts) | 104 comments I'm a huge paper piecing fan! Thank you for some new sites......

I think someone mentioned the sites for Harry Potter patterns in another thread:

http://home.comcast.net/~owlsea/index...

and

http://home.comcast.net/~owlsea/index...

message 7: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (boxershiner) | 60 comments Cool! and Thanks I didn't have this page.

message 8: by Diane (new)

Diane (dcl55) | 17 comments Janice wrote: "Have you met your quilting fairy godmother? This website is offering free godmother paper piecing mystery blocks. You have to answer some questions about your preferences (eg you chose between tr..."

Thank you for posting this FUN mystery pattern. My quilting fairy godmother is "Pattrinella ". I am going to make this my week-end project. Going to print her out now...then pull fabrics..then sew...then embellish :)) I'll be back later!

message 9: by Diane (new)

Diane (dcl55) | 17 comments "by Judy(new)11 hours, 36 min ago.. My Fairy Quilt Godmother is Raffellizara. I don't think I even know how to pronounce that name! Now I'm waiting for my confirmation e-mail! ""
Judy, check your spam folder...that is where my confirmation landed :)

message 10: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathrynh) We'll I did receive my special love note from My Fairy Quilt Godmother...her name is Qltrafire. This is so fun!!! I just may drop everything and start making her!!!!

message 11: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) I'm going to pick the fabrics today. :)

message 12: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (boxershiner) | 60 comments Ok I just looked up She is FatQzelda. I printing her as I type. I'm going to get started!

message 13: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathrynh) Ohhh, there are some teeny tiny pieces in the face....I'm up for the challenge. Hopefully everyone remembered to set their printer to no scale and/or made sure to check the 1 inch square on the first page. Although, now that I think about it what difference does it make if she's "a little off"?

message 14: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (boxershiner) | 60 comments Mine comes with a choice of glasses or not. I do wear glasses but I think I'll have to skip them. After I printed it, I was thinking I should have done it at 200% to increase the size.

I am a little off sometimes so accuracy in sewing won't be needed lol

message 15: by Shannon (last edited Jul 09, 2011 10:30AM) (new)

Shannon (frecklesquilts) | 104 comments No matter how careful you are, paper pieced blocks do end up shrinking a bit....

message 16: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyu) | 33 comments Who knew we could ask for our own Fairy Quilt Godmother? Turns out mine is Shopzelda and I can hardly wait to see what she looks like. Will she appear in a week, month, decade ???

message 17: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Janice wrote: "Have you met your quilting fairy godmother? This website is offering free godmother paper piecing mystery blocks. You have to answer some questions about your preferences (eg you chose between tr..."

Thanks for the info. My fairy godmother is Bloklara! Very fun!

message 18: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (boxershiner) | 60 comments I got the bottom 2 sections done today. Nose and eyes tomorrow, if I can deal with the bitty ones, lol

message 19: by Judy (new)

Cathy wrote: "I got the bottom 2 sections done today. Nose and eyes tomorrow, if I can deal with the bitty ones, lol"

Way to go Cathy! I'm in Nancy's camp, however; I may get to this in the next month/year! LOL! We'll see. I like having everything downloaded, though, in case I get a sudden urge!

I think if we can figure it out, we should post pictures of our finished godmothers on this thread. :-)

message 20: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (frecklesquilts) | 104 comments If anyone is willing to share their pattern, I would love to have them. I'm thinking of a fairy godmother quilt.

Did anyone look at all the finished blocks so far?

message 21: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathrynh) Shannon wrote: "If anyone is willing to share their pattern, I would love to have them. I'm thinking of a fairy godmother quilt.

Did anyone look at all the finished blocks so far?"

I am happy to share mine. I saved all of the files, do you want me to e-mail them to you or make copies and snail mail them?

Where are all the finished blocks?

message 22: by Judy (new)

Judy wrote: "Cathy wrote: "I got the bottom 2 sections done today. Nose and eyes tomorrow, if I can deal with the bitty ones, lol"

Way to go Cathy! I'm in Nancy's camp, however; I may get to this in the next ..."

I'll send you mine, Shannon. I think I need your e-mail address, though. Also, I tried to see the completed blocks, but I couldn't find them. Maybe I was just tired last night.

message 23: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Here is the 'parade' of godmothers: http://www.paperpanache.com/MBs/MB61/...

You can have as many godmothers as you have email addresses. I have 3 - Curviinka, Scizzippa, and Stabbsofine. LOL! I'm going to do a wall hanging with mine.

message 24: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Shannon, I'd be happy to share mine with you. PM me with your email address.

message 25: by Judy (new)

Pooh! No one's made my godmother yet!

message 26: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (boxershiner) | 60 comments I don't think any of them are alike.

message 27: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) I think they are all unique.

message 28: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyu) | 33 comments I, too, can send you my godmother pattern, Shannon.

message 29: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyu) | 33 comments beforeShopzelda entered my sewing space looking neat and tidy, tripped over my computer cord and her Glitz 'n Glamour Potion splashed EVERYWHERE! Since she can't seem to locate her Potion Removal Potion she's decided to embrace her new look and call herself Hopzdelsa. She has fallen in love with my glamorous dustbunnies and glitzy cobwebs and wanted her portrait taken with them. So, I can't very well get rid of them even if I wanted to, since she's grown very attached to them!
after

message 30: by Judy (new)

Hopzdelsa looks much younger than Shopzelda! I love them both, but Hopzdelsa makes me smile!

Good work, Nancy!

message 31: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyu) | 33 comments Thank you, Judy!

message 32: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (boxershiner) | 60 comments I haven't worked on mine at all since I posted that I had the bottom two layers done. For one thing I did the shadows under the chin wrong and it looks like she has a skin disease.
Thoughts of ripping always makes me stay away from the sewing room. Then I had deadlines on a couple more projects. I've even forgotten my godmother's name!

message 33: by Judy (new)

According to your previous message, Cathy, you're is named FatQzelda. :-)

message 34: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (boxershiner) | 60 comments Lol that's right, I briefly scanned back but couldn't find it quickly and gave up. I am so far behind, I may run into myself. Thanks Judy!

message 35: by Kit (new)

Kit Had to go to the library-couldn't get into the site on my home computer. Finally got my godmother (B something) but couldn't get the pattern to print. Does it print in several pieces-not the whole pattern? I'll try again. :(

message 36: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Yes, it prints in about 5 pieces.

message 37: by Kit (new)

Kit Janice wrote: "Yes, it prints in about 5 pieces."

Thanks. I remembered her name-Bindvinia. I guess I will go to the library again Friday. Hopefully, I will be able to print her.

message 38: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Just type in your email address and it will bring up the links to Bindvinia. I hope you can print it as well.

message 39: by Kit (new)

Kit Janice wrote: "Just type in your email address and it will bring up the links to Bindvinia. I hope you can print it as well."

Thanks. :D

message 40: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (boxershiner) | 60 comments Judging has started for the Quilt fairy godmothers!!!
http://www.paperpanache.com