Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > kindle freebie

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3621 comments the first kate shugak book is free for the kindle. not sure how long it will last, but here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004...

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14411 comments Thanks, Sherry! I highly recommend the Kate Shugak series for any who have't started it yet. Dana Stabenow did the same Kindle offer with the first book in the Liam Campbell series too a while back and the rest were reasonably priced.

message 3: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Sherry wrote: "the first kate shugak book is free for the kindle. not sure how long it will last, but here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004......"

Thanks, I grabbed that one. It is still free.

message 4: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Kindle freebies:

Heartless

The Maverick Experiment

I picked up the Maverick Experiment:

Review
''Finally a spy series written by a spy!'' --Nick Nichols, former Lt. Colonel, U.S. Army Special Forces, and CIA officer
''The Maverick Experiment nails the internal culture of the CIA in this thrill bound, page-turning adventure.'' --Carson Clark, former CIA technical operations officer and CIA Medal of Merit recipient

''Riveting! Drew Berquist is an exceptional new author. I can't wait to follow Derek and the Maverick team!'' --Rick Humphries, Air Force veteran and distinguished marksman

Product Description
Breaking all the rules, a battle-hardened group of fighters confront Afghan terrorists on their own terms

In wartime, some operations have to be conducted outside the normal lines of authority. Nowhere is this more true than in modern Afghanistan, the setting for this riveting military thriller.

Derek Stevens is an experienced interrogator fluent in multiple languages and highly trained in weapons and escape and evasion techniques. He is the ideal candidate to lead a crew on a top-secret mission into Afghanistan to neutralize Taliban leaders. That mission, as it turns out, is much more challenging than even he had expected.

Stevens’ assignment leads him and his maverick warriors through the most dangerous prison in Kabul and into the Pakistani heartland of the terrorist resistance. Working deep undercover, they deliver tough justice to the world’s toughest terrorists.

Drawn from the author’s own experiences with the U.S. intelligence and Special Operations communities, The Maverick Experiment reveals the inner workings of the international intelligence machine and the gritty, blood-soaked reality of life on the front lines of the war in Afghanistan.

message 5: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7904 comments Thanks, Sherry! I just downloaded it, it's still free. I've never read a Kate Shugak, so the first in the series is perfect for this RIO.

Sherry wrote: "the first kate shugak book is free for the kindle. not sure how long it will last, but here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004......"

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14411 comments Carol!! I think you will like it! Great series! (both of them)
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Thanks, Sherry! I just downloaded it, it's still free. I've never read a Kate Shugak, so the first in the series is perfect for this RIO.
Sherry wrote: "the first kate shugak book is free for t..."

message 7: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 19 comments If you believe it is better to give than to receive check out the Kindle Board RAOK. It's amazing. And if you do, make sure that you have a public wishlist on Amazon with Kindle titles in it. *Big Sneaky Grin**

message 8: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Karen B wrote: "If you believe it is better to give than to receive check out the Kindle Board RAOK. It's amazing. And if you do, make sure that you have a public wishlist on Amazon with Kindle titles in it. *Bi..."

What does this mean?? LOL, my brain doesn't seem to comprehend this...

message 9: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 19 comments If you get on Random Acts of Kindness maybe someone will randomly give you a kindness. But it's so much fun to see people getting surprise gifted. You'll see if you go on the forum.

message 10: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Kindle freebies:

*As always, please verify price before purchasing*

Cloudburst

One O'Clock Jump

The Watcher

Now That He's Gone