Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

II. Publishing & Marketing Tips > Making Fiction Viral - an experiment

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isa (new)

Isa K. [also posted to Self-Published Authors Group, so my apologies if you're seeing this twice!!!]

I’ve started a little experiment, not much to see now but it will be interesting to watch what happens.

Today I spent an awful lot of time on StumbleUpon and it got me thinking about the hideously unviral nature of long-form prose. It’s not that people don’t want to read long prose online, it’s that people want an instant litmus test before they commit the time/money.

The trouble with fiction is that we don’t sound bite it. We summarize, we blurb, but we don’t give people the tiny little sliver of content that provokes interest.

At the same time every writer has that one sentence that they are especially proud of. And if that sentence is thought-provoking and interesting, it might be something people reblogged, stumbled, twitted and otherwise forwarded around. right? And if there was some kind of source where writers could self-promote by posting their best slivers … could it make fiction viral?

Check it out (follow, submit, submit, submit some more!) and tell me what you think ^.^

http://iwrthat.tumblr.com/

message 2: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey Coletti (aubreytheauthor) | 7 comments I submitted mine! I really love this idea, since especially if you are an indie writer, having things go viral is really the way to success.