Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Oh... what the hell have I gotten myself into?!!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (last edited Jul 08, 2011 12:38PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I just signed up to play flag football at my reunion. So far it's me & 2 guys playing and I may have persuaded one or two of the gals to play and I suspect this is gonna be a girls against guys kind of game.

I'm gonna get my butt kicked, esp. because I've already started trash talking ("I got this"... yeah. I said that) - one of the guys runs marathons and does P90X.

HALP???!!!

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments And my shit talking's getting worse by the second. I just told the guys that it was mighty noble of them to play on the B team, but we'd let them play on the A team with us (maybe).

message 3: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Lol, at least it's flag and not full contact.

message 4: by Heidi (last edited Jul 08, 2011 12:43PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I will say in my defense that I've been doing a ton of squats and lunges lately... maybe that'll help even the odds? That and the padding on my belly and booty? :D

message 5: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Good luck with that, Heidi.

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I think we need to inspire you, boot-camp style.

Or Rob Schneider style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2HcR...

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Man, I must say my teammate's a swell shit talker like me. :) This could be fun.

Tony, thanks for the sideline inspiration.

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I think that's one of the first times anyone here has called me Tony. That sounded weird online. But I don't mean to say it sounded bad. Heidi can get away with it:)

message 9: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Oh. Crap! I meant RA!!

RA, RA, RA...

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments That sounds fun, other than it being football. You can do it!

message 11: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Now that's funny.

message 12: by Heidi (last edited Jul 08, 2011 01:19PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Some of the exchange that's gone on so far:

Chris: By the way so far its me n Heidi playing football....woohoo!

Chris: Now its me n Jim against heidi....awesome. Team Heidi on the ropes already.

Heidi: I got this.

Jim: crap Heidi is playing? We need to get some better players on our team Chris :)

Mags: Heidi, you're a champ! Zee and I will come and cheer for you :)

Heidi: Dangit. I was gonna try to recruit you two.

Magda: Yeah, that’s NEVER going to happen with me luv. Don’t know about Zee tho

Heidi: You know it's flag football, right... not tackle football? Still can't be persuaded? :)

Mags: Flag football I probably can do. I was just affraid I could seriously hurt Chris during a reg game.

Heidi: YEAH!!!

Chris: That injury wouldn't hold a candle to the injury u inflicted right here (I'm pointing at my heart).

Mags: ‎Chris - pointing to the empty space where your heart used to be, you meant to say...

Chris: True. U did rip it out.

Heidi: So... is this gonna turn out to be a girls against guys sort of game? Why are teams are already being divvied out? And more importantly, why are you sticking yourself and Jim on the B team? We'd let y'all play on the A team with us (maybe).

Chris: Well since ur the first person to respond, ur coach Heidi of the heidi hasbeens and since I'm in charge, I'm stacking the deck.

Chris: Capiche?

Heidi: I don't like our team name. How about you can call us Team Winners and your team can be Team Not The Winners? That would work for me. Mags?

Mags: Hasbeens?! I'm in better physical shape than I was in HS, even when I ran track. I'll try to not intimidate you with my six pack and the gun show Chris.

Mags: Heidi, Chris is already 39. We need to make sure there is a defibrillator on the sideline

Heidi: I'll snag one on my way out of the office...

message 13: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) It sounds like fun, Heidi. Enjoy, and post the pictures, please. :)

message 14: by Lori (new)

Lori You are going to have a great time!

message 15: by Heidi (last edited Jul 11, 2011 07:58AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments UGH!!! Now it's the captain of the HS football team w/ his co-captains against me and two other gals. Magda's super tall, but Jill and I are both about 5'1. Jim & Chris are both about 6' & Derek's 6'5". I've dug myself into a hole with this one. It'll be fun, but awww dang.

Okay, so seriously... do any of you know anything about flag football? All I know is it's NOT tackle football... and just keep running.

message 16: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Heiderson, never mind the flags. Go for the knees. Big dudes' knees always go around this age if not sooner.

message 17: by Heidi (last edited Jul 11, 2011 10:32AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Clark wrote: "Heiderson, never mind the flags. Go for the knees. Big dudes' knees always go around this age if not sooner."

That shouldn't be too difficult. I'm about a foot shorter than most of 'em... and I can do squats and lunges like nobody's business. Most recent accomplishment - I can do full squats without using hands to anchor me. I'm tempted to start trying the Russian Cossack dance. I'm feeling THAT confident in my squatting abilities. :)

message 18: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3403 comments I'd pay to see that.

message 19: by Michael (new)

Michael Heidi wrote: "I can do full squats without using hands to anchor me."

I'd pay to see that.

message 20: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Yeah. I wrote that yesterday when I was still energized from my morning workout. The Russian Cossack dancing... not gonna happen anytime soon. Maybe a year from now, though? :)

I can do the full squats, though... no hands, Mom!

Still needing instruction/advice for flag football...

message 21: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11629 comments You're playing against guys? Reach for the flag and "accidentally" grab their package. They'll be surprised enough that you can take the ball and go the other way.

message 22: by Michael (new)

Michael Use some hand lotion and discreetly wipe it on the flags so it makes it difficult for the players on the other team to get a grip on your flags when you run with the ball. Tuck the flags as deep as possible into your waistband so there's less to grab. Try and run diagonally away from someone so they can't reach your flag. If you're trying to get someone else's flag then stand directly in front of them so they have to go around you and then you can reach out and grab their flag. Feign an ankle injury early in the game so you can relax on the sidelines.

message 23: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3403 comments If you're not a flag football coach, Michael, you should be. I wouldn't want to be on the opposing team for sure.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.