Saxton B. Library Reads - Columbia, CT discussion

Summer Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Quarticelli | 1 comments This summer I decided to read the popular series by Steig Larsson and so far have greatly enjoyed it! I finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and am almost finished with The Girl Who Played with Fire. It is a great series for a summer read! What is anyone else reading this summer?

message 2: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Getz | 1 comments I have an eclectic mix of books lined up including classics like The Art of War and Treasure Island and more modern books about foreign policy and current events. I recently got a Kindle and am excited to use it to catch up on the classics I ahve missed over the years, especially because so many of them are free!

Saxton B. Little Staff | 120 comments Mod
Welcome Miranda & Matthew...

glad to see you're both enjoying some good books over the summer.

If you liked The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo be certain to read my comments about The Informationist by Taylor Stevens. It's a debut thriller with a strong female character who is compared to Lizbeth.

I'm now reading The Hypnotist by Lars Keplar, a dark, tense, translated from Swedish, thriller that may just be the word of mouth book of the summer. IT's a planned series and should appeal to fans of Steig Larsson and Henning Mankell.

When I was recently asked what I might read over the summer, I replied, "anything I want". I didn't mean it as a cop-out...it's just that summer is the perfect time to just read; anything that comes across my radar, whatever I'm in the mood for at the moment.