This topic is about Need
Need > What do you think of Need?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Aug 10, 2011 12:58PM) (new) - added it

Crystal (crystalways) | 305 comments Mod
What do you guys think of of the Need?
Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones
I hadn't heard about this book before someone voted for it in the monthly book poll. I'm going to pick it up this month at Barnes & Noble. I'm just wondering how so many of you have heard of this book. Do you think it is a good book?

To see this book's poll click here.

message 2: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Graça | 24 comments i will start reading Monday

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (crice26) | 3 comments I've been thinking about reading this...is it any good?

Mackenzie (macbwill) | 7 comments I have read this whole series and it has been a little while since I read Need, but I really liked it. I enjoyed the characters and the plot of the whole thing. It is definitely worth the read.

message 5: by Songhe (new)

Songhe | 5 comments I'm reading it right now~

Claire | 9 comments Fantastic series....really should read all 3 one after ther other! Entice is fabulous you just don't know with team to be on!

Lindie (lindiedb) Just finished it. Found the pixie thing a little bit ridiculous, but overall it was a quick, easy read. I really liked Grandma Betty. I'm not particularly filled with a burning desire to continue on with the series. Perhaps when I have run out of other things to read.

Kimi (kimisokool) I really enjoyed this series and I can't wait till the 4th is released. =) I like the whole pixie faerie part of it. I'm really into faeries. Some though that the series went slow but I liked the pace of it. =)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked it, not loved but i would -and have- read it just because of a whim. I love all the characters and the pixie king is a good bad guy :)

Jurga | 37 comments Haven wrote: "I liked it, not loved but i would -and have- read it just because of a whim. I love all the characters and the pixie king is a good bad guy :)"

Totaly agrie wit you :)
Just slightly cheesy :)

Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) | 28 comments it was pretty good....

Zayna | 41 comments I really loved it. Did you read the rest if the series yet?

Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) | 28 comments i really liked it. it was really good

message 14: by Elena (last edited Nov 08, 2011 03:22AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Elena (pessimisticelly) | 3 comments In my opinion Need was totally unremarkable and very mediocre. You can read full review here : review

Zayna | 41 comments I liked the first two books. They were great. But the third one ruined if for me. Was I the only one rooting for Astley???

Stevie | 14 comments I'm reading captivate! And I'm hoping she ends up with astley!!

Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) | 28 comments RIGHT??? i love Astely!

message 18: by Carla (new)

Carla (carla_moffatt) | 6 comments Couldn't finish it.

message 19: by Elena (new) - rated it 1 star

Elena (pessimisticelly) | 3 comments Carla wrote: "Couldn't finish it."

I somehow managed to finish it. Books like this make me really appreciate good writing and creativity. If all YA books would be as good as The Hunger Games, we wouldn't even realize how good it is.

Zayna | 41 comments Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) wrote: "RIGHT??? i love Astely!"
Have you read the third book?

Stevie | 14 comments Don't say anything about it! I'm almost finish captivate!! Lol

Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) | 28 comments Zayna wrote: "Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) wrote: "RIGHT??? i love Astely!"
Have you read the third book?"

yeah! its really good

Arushi (arushilisa) i like astley better than nick. and i kinda liked the series. i mean i'd rate it 3 stars overall. like i've read much better series but its not like twilight in which i couldnt even finish the series.

message 24: by LowDown (new) - added it

LowDown (lowered) | 3 comments it's still in my to-read list.. i'll finish my other book and get into this.. i hope it doesn't disappoint!

Rebecca | 41 comments Lisa wrote: "i like astley better than nick. and i kinda liked the series. i mean i'd rate it 3 stars overall. like i've read much better series but its not like twilight in which i couldnt even finish the series."

I like astley better than nick too nickis too self righteous for my taste

Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) | 28 comments Astley means star in some language.. my friend told me

Rebecca | 41 comments I knew that, it was in the book too. I think its old welsh or something

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

It's quite a long time ago I read it. The memories of the story has already been replaced by other books so yeah, I only remember it vaguely. But one thing I DO remember! Is that I really liked it! :D

Harlin (shadowhunterharlin) | 7 comments great series read it a while back waiting for the last one

Sasha Saunders | 2 comments I LOVED THIS!!! only disappointment was that the series came to an end all too soon!