Warrior Fans discussion

Book Related > Movie!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

HungerGamesAddict (ach45) | 1065 comments I dunno the movies might be kinda weird.

message 2: by Julia, a dog lover (last edited Jul 08, 2011 03:16PM) (new)

Julia, a dog lover | 455 comments THEY'RE DOING A WARRIORS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy happy happy!!

message 3: by Whitlea (new)

Whitlea | 165 comments Where did you find this? I hate to be captain buzzkill, but rumors like this have been floating around the fandom for years...

message 4: by Whitlea (new)

Whitlea | 165 comments I wouldn't believe anything on youtube, unless it's an official HarperCollins channel or something...
On the official website it says that there aren't any plans to make a movie at the moment. XP
I'd love a Warriors movie, but I just don't think it's happening right now.

message 5: by Whitlea (new)

Whitlea | 165 comments We could still discuss a would-be Warriors movie. I'd hate to see a good discussion go to waste. :x

I could actually see one happening at some point in the future. If Ga'hoole could get a movie, why not Warriors? I think the trend in children's animation just needs to change a little for there to be a market for it.

message 6: by Whitlea (new)

Whitlea | 165 comments I think it was Animal Logic who did the Ga'hoole Movie. A warriors flick in that kind of CGI would be cool, though the animation geek in me would prefer it to be 2D, but that's about as unlikely as Mapleshade joining StarClan. :c

message 7: by Lyla, Death to all Scourge and Ashfur h8ers! (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 4244 comments Mod
Lol funny, Whitlea but true. If there were to be a movie it would most likely but in 3D. I wouldn't mind so much, though. It would be cool to see a cat leap through the trees in 3D and stuffs... *ponders*

message 8: by Sam, Silence is golden; duct tape is silver. ^^ (new)

Sam | 4849 comments Mod
Hmm... and to see the fighting in 3D would be pretty epic. I mean, think about it! If they do the scenes right, the 3D effects could be spectacular.

Julia, a dog lover | 455 comments I agree!!

message 10: by Whitlea (new)

Whitlea | 165 comments 2D theatrical animation is pretty much dead anyway (aside from the Disney flicks coming out every two years. Princess and the Frog, Winnie the Pooh...), so I wouldn't expect a US produced movie to be in it. The 3D could be good, provided they get the right company to do it... Any ideas?

message 11: by Lyla, Death to all Scourge and Ashfur h8ers! (new)

But what about all the blood? What rating would it be? Definatly not PG...

message 12: by Whitlea (new)

Whitlea | 165 comments They'd probably have to get around that somehow... Kill him off screen or make his death less bloody. If they're aiming it at kids (which they would have to do), it's safe to say that blood would be taboo.

Claudia the Night Owl (claudiamancilla) Rated R would be fun xD but being a kids book it will probably be pg 13

message 14: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) | 4330 comments Mod
Well, they would have to show Scourge killing Tigerstar because that is Firestar's first real issue to deal with as a new leader. This BloodClan vs Clans is the first real event that Firestar had to deal with, so they can't just cut it out.

message 15: by Whitlea (last edited Jul 12, 2011 05:14PM) (new)

Whitlea | 165 comments They probably would keep it in, just not in the detail of the novels. I'd have a hard time believing they'd make a Warriors movie with a rating above PG. Anything higher is a bad idea finacially. Warriors is a series targeted at children, and children are the most likely audience for what would be percieved as "a talking cat movie". XP

I wonder what an uncut Warriors movie would look like though... I'd probably be too freaked out to see it. xD

message 16: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (new)

Me too. A cut version of Warriors would be like watching The Little Enguine That Could with cats instead of trains. xD

message 17: by Lyla, Death to all Scourge and Ashfur h8ers! (new)

No. It's a teenage fantasy series, not childrens.

message 18: by Lyla, Death to all Scourge and Ashfur h8ers! (new)

There are even scenes in the book I have taken to be perverted!! XD

message 19: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (new)

Like...?

message 20: by Lyla, Death to all Scourge and Ashfur h8ers! (new)

Haha! In Bluestar's Prophecy!
(view spoiler)

message 21: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (new)

Oh lord...that is very perverted.

message 22: by Lyla, Death to all Scourge and Ashfur h8ers! (new)

hahaha! I know!!! XD

message 23: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (new)

I never noticed THAT.

message 24: by Lyla, Death to all Scourge and Ashfur h8ers! (new)

Lol there have been a few times like that but that one was worst. hehe

message 25: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (new)

What other times?

message 26: by Lyla, Death to all Scourge and Ashfur h8ers! (new)

I don't quite remember... Sorry. I just remember there were a few more. I only remembered that one because it was a MOST perverted and I liked Bluestar's Prophecy a lot. lol *shrug*

message 27: by Whitlea (new)

Whitlea | 165 comments Warriors is under the children's division of Harper Collins. I know it varies from place to place, but most of the time Warriors can be found in children's section of bookstores in libraries. Erin might write for everyone, and it shows in their writing, but the marketing of the books has always targeted children.

That being said, I agree Warriors has its fair share of innuendo. xD

message 28: by Lyla, Death to all Scourge and Ashfur h8ers! (new)

I think the movie would be good with some blood. Pg 13 would be a good rating for it. I'd prefer it that way. lol

message 29: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (new)

I'm just curious.

message 30: by Lyla, Death to all Scourge and Ashfur h8ers! (new)

hehe I REALLY can't see me being interested in a PG Warriors movie! It's not Warriors without the (at least) semi-graphic battle scenes!

message 31: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (new)

IKR?!

message 32: by Whitlea (new)

Whitlea | 165 comments Maybe they could do something like Felidae. I can't remember how well that movie did off the top of my head, but I think that it got the German equivalent of a PG13. What I saw/read about it is waaaay worse than Warriors ever gets.

I'm just not sure how profitable a bloody Warriors movie would be... I'd have trouble seeing any major studios pick it up. One of the reasons the movie never got made was because there wasn't a market for the type of film Warriors would be. I think for a faithful adaptation to work, we'd need a major change in the animation and film industries...

message 33: by Lyla, Death to all Scourge and Ashfur h8ers! (new)

Hmmm... Well Felidae was pretty dirty... lolz

message 34: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (new)

Feli-wha??

message 35: by Lyla, Death to all Scourge and Ashfur h8ers! (last edited Jul 13, 2011 08:29PM) (new)

Felidae is an animated adult show about cats. Look it up on YouTube.

message 36: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (new)

Like what movie?

message 37: by Lyla, Death to all Scourge and Ashfur h8ers! (new)

I don't know any gorey PG movies... o.O Even TWILIGHT is PG. 13!

message 38: by Lyla, Death to all Scourge and Ashfur h8ers! (new)

I have NO CLUE what that is...

message 39: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (new)

Me neither...

Claudia the Night Owl (claudiamancilla) that looks interesting

message 41: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (new)

That looks weird...

message 42: by Whitlea (new)

Whitlea | 165 comments I'm pretty sure Princess Mononoke was PG13 in the US, though.

message 43: by Whitlea (new)

Whitlea | 165 comments I don't see anything about PG version of the movie, my google search yielded PG13, but I'm guessing it would probably have cut many violent parts out. I've never seen Princess Mononoke, cut or uncut, so I couldn't say how comparable its violence would be to Warriors. =P

message 44: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (new)

*facepalm* Let's not get ahead of ourselves. First off, we don't even know if there is going to be a movie and, if so, when it's coming out. And it wll be the first series first, obviously. So don't worry about Hollyleaf or Ivypaw yet.

message 45: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (new)

Let's just focus on the series for now...

message 46: by Whitlea (last edited Jul 16, 2011 01:35PM) (new)

Whitlea | 165 comments It's somewhere on my to-watch list...
Anyway, it is dubious that Warriors movie will come out at this point, so there really isn't a lot to work with. :c

It all depends on the studio, the audience, the writer... Films and novels are different mediums, so it's inevitable that there will be differences between the two.

message 47: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (last edited Jul 16, 2011 01:39PM) (new)

They will have a big audience. Period.

message 48: by Whitlea (new)

Whitlea | 165 comments When I said audience, I wasn't actually referring to the size. I meant the demographic they're aiming the movie at.

Though, as far as the audience goes, I'm not sure how big it would be. I have no idea how many Warriors fans who would turn out for a movie exist, but I image they'd need people unfamiliar with the books to turn out as well for it to be profitable. It all depends on how appealing they can make the premise... Not to mention advertising has to be factored in as well. No one is going to see a movie if they have no idea of its existance. Of course, this all depends on who they get to make the movie, so we're back at square one. =P

message 49: by Shayla, Merry...-oh! Happy New Year! (new)

And who they get to be in the movie.

message 50: by Whitlea (new)

Whitlea | 165 comments Yeah, casting is pretty important as well. We'd need some good VAs...

« previous 1