Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: 2011 Reading Goals > Taita's Reading Goals

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by taita (new)

taita | 188 comments Setting this up to keep track of my challenges, goals, and postings.

message 2: by taita (last edited Oct 15, 2011 09:55PM) (new)

taita | 188 comments Read-The-Group: A Cover Image Search
Duration: July 6, 2011 - July 5, 2012

Goal: A different "cover image" must be chosen for each letter. State the image you have chosen for each letter when you list your books.

Rules: You may post your books in advance or as you read them. Edit your list as you read or re-posting with each update. You may use re-reads. You may use any format: paper, e or audio. You may use books from any genre. Please indicate how many you have read related to how many you plan to read.

~ ROMANCE IMPAIRED ~

R - Royal armband: The Immortal Highlander (8/9)
O - One big fountain: It Happened One Autumn (8/23)
M - Mansion: Once and Always (7/10)
A - Airy looking girl: Timeless (7/25)
N - Nubile gentleman: Highland Rebel (8/31)
C - Coach: The Duke (7/31)
E - Elaborate dress: First Comes Marriage (9/7)

I - Impervious look: Cloudy With A Chance of Marriage (8/5)
M - Manly Man: Kiss of the Highlander (7/13)
P - Pink Dress: The Soldier (7/22)
A - Awesome Abs: The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (8/7)
I - Iridescent sky: Devil in Winter (9/10)
R - Red dress: Ten Ways To Be Adored When Landing A Lord (8/12)
E - Elegant mansion: Lord of Fire (8/21)
D - Damned fine body: The Dark Highlander (7/26)

Once and Always (Sequels #1) by Judith McNaught Timeless (Timeless, #1) by Alexandra Monir Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4) by Karen Marie Moning The Soldier by Grace Burrowes The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5) by Karen Marie Moning The Duke (Knight Miscellany, #1) by Gaelen Foley Cloudy With A Chance Of Marriage (Impossible Bachelors, #3) by Kieran Kramer The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (Highland Pleasures, #3) by Jennifer Ashley The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6) by Karen Marie Moning It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord by Sarah MacLean Lord of Fire (Knight Miscellany Series #2) by Gaelen Foley Highland Rebel A Tale of a Rebellious Lady and a Traitorous Lord by Judith James First Comes Marriage (Huxtable Quintet, #1) by Mary Balogh Devil in Winter (Wallflowers #3) by Lisa Kleypas

message 3: by taita (last edited Jul 26, 2011 09:53PM) (new)

taita | 188 comments Quarterly Theme Read #3: Series Catch Up
Duration: July 1 - September 30, 2011

Goal: Read 3 books from one series, or from multiple series that you currently have in progress.

1. Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander #4) - Karen Marie Moning (7/13)
2. The Soldier (Duke's Obsession #2) by Grace Burrowes (7/22)
3. The Dark Highlander (Highlander #5) - Karen Marie Moning (7/26)

Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4) by Karen Marie Moning The Soldier by Grace Burrowes The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5) by Karen Marie Moning

message 4: by taita (last edited Aug 23, 2011 10:02PM) (new)

taita | 188 comments Kleypas' "What Type of Animal Are You?" Quiz
Duration: July 1, 2011 - December 31, 2011

Goal: Read your animal by spelling it's name out and using the letters to pick your books.

Rules: The letter must correspond to the first letter of a title, the first letter of an author's first or last name, or the first letter of a character's first or last name from the book. Just let us know what the link to the letter is if it's not obvious. One book must be by Lisa Kleypas.

R - The Duke (Robert Knight, The Hero) by Gaelen Foley (7/31)
A - Cloudy With A Chance of Marriage (Stephen Arrow, The Hero) by Kieran Kramer (8/5)
B - The Soldier by Grace Burrowes (7/22)
B - It Happened One Autumn (Lilian Bowman, The Heroine) by Lisa Kleypas (8/23)
I - The Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie Moning (8/9)
T - Timeless by Alexandra Monir (7/25)

The Soldier by Grace Burrowes Timeless (Timeless, #1) by Alexandra Monir The Duke (Knight Miscellany, #1) by Gaelen Foley Cloudy With A Chance Of Marriage (Impossible Bachelors, #3) by Kieran Kramer The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6) by Karen Marie Moning It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 5: by taita (last edited Aug 23, 2011 10:24PM) (new)

taita | 188 comments August 2011 Challenge
Duration: August 2011

Hot, Hot, Hot!

1. Cloudy With a Chance of Marriage by Kieran Kramer (8/5) - Bonus! It's cloudy all year in the San Francisco Bay Area, even in August!

2. The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley (8/7) - Hot Highlander on the cover.

3. The Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie Moning (8/9) - Hot faery, need I say more?

4. Ten Ways To Be Adored When Landing A Lord by Sarah Maclean (8/12) - Hot love scenes.

5. Lord of Fire by Gaelen Foley (8/21) - Hot grotto, "Fire" in the title.

Cloudy With A Chance Of Marriage (Impossible Bachelors, #3) by Kieran Kramer The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (Highland Pleasures, #3) by Jennifer Ashley The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6) by Karen Marie Moning Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2) by Sarah MacLean Lord of Fire (Knight Miscellany Series #2) by Gaelen Foley

message 6: by taita (last edited Aug 23, 2011 09:56PM) (new)

taita | 188 comments Quarterly Theme Read #3: Series Catch Up (Take 2)
Duration: July 1 - September 30, 2011

Goal: Read 3 books from one series, or from multiple series that you currently have in progress.

1. Cloudy With a Chance of Marriage (Impossible Bachelors #3) - Kieran Kramer (8/5)

2. The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (Highland Pleasures #3) - Jennifer Ashley (8/7)

3. The Immortal Highlander (Highlander #6) - Karen Marie Moning (8/9)

Cloudy With A Chance Of Marriage (Impossible Bachelors, #3) by Kieran Kramer The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (Highland Pleasures, #3) by Jennifer Ashley The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6) by Karen Marie Moning

message 7: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Taita, I noticed that you've updated your covers here for the Cover Image Search challenge, but not on the challenge page itself. I'm only pointing it out in case you didn't realise or had forgotten to update both. If not, sorry :-)

message 8: by taita (new)

taita | 188 comments Hi CaroB! Yah, I tend to update on my personal page so that I collect a good amount of updates before posting on the main page. I just don't like to keep going back and forth. LOL. I'll be updating the main page soon as I think I have enough to share now. Thanks for the reminder! :-)

message 9: by taita (last edited Dec 26, 2011 06:39PM) (new)

taita | 188 comments Location, location, location! Challenge
Duration: August 2, 2011 - August 1, 2012

OK, now it's just about keeping personal track of places....

1. Floor of a bookstore - Cloudy With A Chance of Marriage (8/5)
2. Moving carriage - The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (8/7)
3. In front of a mirror - The Immortal Highlander (8/9)
4. In a statuary - Ten Ways To Be Adored When Landing A Lord (8/12)
5. On a desk - Lord of Fire (8/21)
6. Chair - Highland Rebel (8/31)
7. Field of daffodils & bluebells - First Comes Marriage (9/7)
8. Billiards room - Devil in Winter (9/10)
9. Against a tree - Then Comes Seduction (10/12)
10. In front of a piano - One Wicked Sin (10/18)
11. Forest and cave - Graceling (10/23)
12. On a hazards table - Dreaming of You (10/30)
13 On a stool in a stable, In a boathouse - The Viper (11/4)
14. By the lake & riverbank - At Last Comes Love (11/9)
15. Floor of secret hiding place; Bench; Standing up - Son of the Morning (11/20)
16. Against wall of the wardrobe; Floor of run down estate; Cabin of a ship; Hotel - Lord of Ice (11/23)
17. Carriage; Home library; Obscure room in hte middle of a ball - Notorious Pleasures (12/6)
18. Bench of summer house during a thunderstorm - Where Dreams Begin (12/17)
19. Floor of apartment - Three Fates (12/11)
20. Conservatory, Closet during a ball - Unveiled (12/24)

Cloudy With A Chance Of Marriage (Impossible Bachelors, #3) by Kieran Kramer The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (Highland Pleasures, #3) by Jennifer Ashley The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6) by Karen Marie Moning Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2) by Sarah MacLean Lord of Fire (Knight Miscellany Series #2) by Gaelen Foley Highland Rebel A Tale of a Rebellious Lady and a Traitorous Lord by Judith James First Comes Marriage (Huxtable Quintet, #1) by Mary Balogh Devil in Winter (Wallflowers #3) by Lisa Kleypas Then Comes Seduction (Huxtable Quintet, #2) by Mary Balogh One Wicked Sin (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #2) by Nicola Cornick Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms, #1) by Kristin Cashore Dreaming of You (Gamblers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas The Viper (Highland Guard, #4) by Monica McCarty At Last Comes Love (Huxtable Quintet, #3) by Mary Balogh Son of the Morning by Linda Howard Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3) by Gaelen Foley Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane, #2) by Elizabeth Hoyt Where Dreams Begin  by Lisa Kleypas Three Fates by Nora Roberts Unveiled (Turner, #1) by Courtney Milan

message 10: by taita (last edited Dec 08, 2011 06:10PM) (new)

taita | 188 comments September 2011 Challenge
Duration: September 1, 2011 - October 1, 2011

Something So September

1. F - First Comes Marriage by Mary Balogh (9/7)
2. A -
3. L - Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas (9/10)
4. L -

First Comes Marriage (Huxtable Quintet, #1) by Mary Balogh Devil in Winter (Wallflowers #3) by Lisa Kleypas

message 11: by taita (last edited Dec 26, 2011 06:32PM) (new)

taita | 188 comments November 2011 Challenge
Duration: November 1, 2011 - November 30, 2011

Thanks for the Characters!

t - Tia Marsh: Three Fates by Nora Roberts (12/11)

h - Margaret Huxtable: At Last Comes Love (11/9)

a - Ash Turner: Unveiled by Courtney Milan (12/24)

n - Niall MacRobert: Son of the Morning (11/20)

k - Damien Knight: Lord of Ice (11/23)

s - Mairin Stewart: In Bed with a Highlander (11/13)

At Last Comes Love (Huxtable Quintet, #3) by Mary Balogh Son of the Morning by Linda Howard Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3) by Gaelen Foley In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1) by Maya Banks Three Fates by Nora Roberts Unveiled (Turner, #1) by Courtney Milan

message 12: by taita (last edited Jan 10, 2012 07:54PM) (new)

taita | 188 comments Quarterly Theme Read #4: Happy Holidays!
Duration: October 1 - December 31, 2011

Goal: Read 3 books that tie in to a holiday of some sort.

1. Christmas: Lord of Ice by Gaelen Foley (11/23/11)

2. Christmas: The Mischief of the Mistletoe by Lauren Willig (1/9/12)

Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3) by Gaelen Foley The Mischief of the Mistletoe by Lauren Willig

message 13: by taita (new)

taita | 188 comments Z-A Cover Art Image Search 2012
Duration: January 1 - December 31, 2012

z -
y -
x -
w -
v -
u -
t -
s -
r -
q -
p -
o -
n -
m -
l -
k -
j -
i -
h -
g -
f -
e -
d -
c -
b -
a -

message 14: by taita (new)

taita | 188 comments Quarterly Challenge - Film Femme Fatales
Duration: January 1 - March 31, 2012

message 15: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Hi Taita, saw your posts #13 and 14 above and was wondering, did you know we have a 2012 Reading goals and Challenges folder? It's possible the mods will be archiving the 2011 Reading Goals by about Feb of next year so it doesn't get confusing.

message 16: by taita (new)

taita | 188 comments LOL. No, I didn't pick up on that. Thanks CaroB! I will log my 2012 Challenges in there. Thanks for keeping me in line. ;-)