flight paths discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive:What Are You Reading > Week of July 3-9

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Her Royal Orangeness (onlyorangery) Please share and discuss the books you read/are reading the week of July 3-9.

Her Royal Orangeness (onlyorangery) Kinkajou wrote: "Ah poop, I got ahead of myself. Whatever I wrote in July 10-16, that should go here."

LOL...no worries, Kink.

Her Royal Orangeness (onlyorangery) My reads so far for this week:

Flowers for Mrs.Harris by Paul Gallico
Flowers for Mrs. Harris
5 Stars. Utterly adorable and wonderful. It's just perfect.

Perfume The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Süskind
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
4 Stars. Odd. Dark. Creepy. Unique. Brilliant.

The Lollipop Shoes by Joanne Harris Just Like Tomorrow  by Faïza Guène
The Lollipop Shoes
Just Like Tomorrow
Both 2 1/2 Stars. Just averagely good.

message 4: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1226 comments I loved Perfume-very creepy. And, as you say, brilliant.

message 5: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) In the middle of:

Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut The Best of the Best 18 New Stories by America's Leading Authors by Various

Her Royal Orangeness (onlyorangery) @Ann - I've been wanting to read Henrietta Lacks. Look forward to hearing what you think!

Her Royal Orangeness (onlyorangery) Kinkajou wrote: "Was the movie anywhere close to the book?"

There's a movie? Oh, I'm intrigued!

Her Royal Orangeness (onlyorangery) http://www.perfumemovie.com

I watched the trailer. It looks intensely creepy! I'm not sure if I want to watch it or not. What I liked about the book was the quality of writing more so than the plot.

And it did win awards - European Film Awards, Germany Film Awards, and Bavarian Film Awards. And it was nominated for others - Saturn Awards and People's Choice.

Her Royal Orangeness (onlyorangery) Question about Perfume, for those who have read it...

(view spoiler)

message 10: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1226 comments Oh man HRO-now I have to go re-read Perfume: The Story of a Murderer-I can't really remember that section in any detail!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.