Georgette Heyer Fans discussion

Georgette Heyer
This topic is about Georgette Heyer
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > trying to Start a Georgette Heyer Adaptation campaign

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noor (new)

Noor ElBahrain (noorelbahrain) hello all, I am a fellow Georgette Heyer fan and I am trying to start a campaign to have her books adapted by BBC or ITV into a mini-series. The start of my campaign is to pick the best book to be adapted in the poll over here -> http://wp.me/p1FDyQ-c

hope my fellow fans vote :D

Further explanation of the campaign is also located in the webpage.

I think this is the 1st step and the next is to set up webpage exclusively for the campaign, then begin contacting and petitioning ITV and BBC.

I hope you vote on the poll and any suggestions would be welcome :D

thank you

message 2: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum | 3895 comments Oh, my goodness! Now I have to go re-read them all. Again.

message 3: by Noor (last edited Jul 10, 2011 08:42AM) (new)

Noor ElBahrain (noorelbahrain) LOL while reading keep in mind how would they translate on screen.

someone commented on the page that they would like the dialogue to be filmed as is, and I agree. I also hope for an excellent screenplay adaptation(like those written by Andrew Davies)that would be able to somehow insert the witty and funny non-dialogue bits of the book into the screenplay.
Andrew Davies did that in the BBC '95 version of P&P when he had Elizabeth say the line " For a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife. "

message 4: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum | 3895 comments I think the key to adapting a screenplay from a book is to be very familiar with the book! Too often I get the impression that the screenwriter has barely even read it, let alone studied all of its nuances and the tone of the book and characters. Following an agenda of his own, his idea of what the book ought to be, is a sure-fire way to annoy the book-loving movie-goers.

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (booksareagirlsbestfriend) | 8 comments I think this is a fabulous idea! I too wondered why there haven't been any adaptations but I found somewhere that the rights to Heyer's books have already been sold but the company aren't actively planning anything. I also heard talk that there was a clause in Heyer's will to ban any adaptations because she hated the German one of The Reluctant Widow because it changed the plot so much. Anyone else heard these things?

message 6: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Madam Mod (new)

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4244 comments Mod
Closed & archived as the blog on Wordpress has been closed down.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.