Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) Shadow Kiss discussion

Saddest book in the series right?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 150 (150 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Kira Do you think this is the saddest book in the series? if not what do you think is?

Christine Borders I just finished reading it, and so far I'll have to agree. The Buria is was very unexpected...and poor Rose is losing her mind, I was devastated over what happened to Dimetri, but was very proud of Rose for standing up for herself and admitting that she deserved a chance at her own life and sometimes it is ok for her to want to come first.

Daisy sanchez Saddest book in the series

Runqing Fang it's heart-breaking

Gloria Shadowkiss is definetly the saddest book in the series, i was in tears when i found out dimitri turned strigoi, but i also think frostbite was a bit sad when mason died.

message 6: by Kae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kae Santiago Shadow kiss to Blood promise are heart wrenching...

Adrielly Rodrigues I cried while reading it, when Rose finds out Dimitri is a Strigoi is so heartbreaking!

*book*lover* I cried while reading it too. Richelle Mead has a way of writing that makes your heart break with the characters.

message 9: by Kae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kae Santiago agree.

message 10: by Kimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kimi Yes the 5th book tortured me... sooooo sad!

Azhia Yes because the way Dimitri & roe are ripped apart :( Also spirit bound us ad because he didnt want her after he was turned back :( Blood promise was said too because she wanted to kill the man he loved but failed miserably. But Shadowkissed was definitely very said because the way she lost him espcially after they had that intense moment in the cabin. Frostbite was sad too when Mason died i really liked Mason :'(

Gloria shadow kissed is definetly the saddest book in the series, although i got a bit teary when tasha shot rose i thought she died because i love rose shes awesome!

Suzan i think sooooo but it is amazing really

message 14: by Kae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kae Santiago really amazing...

Gloria Zool wrote: "I'm gonna be honest here. I cried. I loved Dimitri and it broke my heart that he turned strigoi. Im glad they all got their happy ending eventually though."

truee! ♥

message 16: by TG (new) - rated it 5 stars

TG definatly. I recon that when Dimirtri turned Strigoi,
his love for Rose became stronger

message 17: by Kimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kimi Gracie wrote: "definatly. I recon that when Dimirtri turned Strigoi,
his love for Rose became stronger"

Yes, he was just soooo confused about everything. Poor Dimitri. =/

Sierra I haven't read blood promise or spirit bound yet but I will be honest. As soon as I finished Shadow-Kissed I cried. It was so sad it was unbelievable.

message 19: by Jazz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jazz Everyone is talking about how sad it was that Dimitri turned Strigoi. What about Rose and Lissa's fight at the end? That's the epitome of heartbreaking!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Hell yeah!

After Dimitri got turned strigoi I cried!
And then at the end when rose anf lissa argued it just got worse. It is one of the saddest books ever!!

Alese I found spoilers on youtube... but that didn't stop me from reading it... if anything, it made me want to read it more and cry harder.. Lol :)

Alese Have you ever read the Night World trilogy?

message 23: by Rena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rena yep.

Brittany Yeah :\

Alese When is strange fate coming out?

message 26: by M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M. Dani wrote: "Everyone is talking about how sad it was that Dimitri turned Strigoi. What about Rose and Lissa's fight at the end? That's the epitome of heartbreaking!"

I was only sad because of the Dimitri part. Rose and Lissa's fight was due and I'm glad it happened the way it did.

message 27: by Jazz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jazz Yeah, I agree that it was due and it was very realistic but it is still sad to read (personally, I was affected by the fight than the shock of what happened to Dimitri). Of course, that only made Blood Promise even better (for me) :)

Kallie Hudson i think the sadest book was the one that mason died in im not sure witch one it was but was awful the way he died and i cryed for hours

message 29: by M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M. Kallie wrote: "i think the sadest book was the one that mason died in im not sure witch one it was but was awful the way he died and i cryed for hours"

That was Frostbite, the 2nd book. That was actually my favorite book of the entire series. I loved the set up outside of the school, the introduction of Adrian, and the fact the Rose has her first Strigoi kill. Yeah, it was sad that Mason died, but he didn't appear enough in the series for me to form any attachment.

Yusra I cried my eyes out when I finished this book !!!! It was a very sad ending =(

message 31: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara I think it is a sad book, one of the saddest, but I'm not sure it is the saddest of all in this series. I found "Blood Promise" really, really sad too :( I cried my head out during the end of Shadow Kiss and almost all the time through Blood Promise.

message 32: by vasiliki (last edited Sep 06, 2011 12:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

vasiliki when i first read shadow kiss...it was like having my heart ripped out slowly so as to prolong my agony!!seeing dimca..the sweetest guy ever..turning into a heartless strigoi n' rose almost losing her mind over it..was simply unbearable!!:'(but i have to admitt that when he turned down rose in spirit bound i lost it...he just changed so much...n' that's why v.a is better than the hunger games-at least in my opinion!!:]

Caity(: Gloria wrote: "Shadowkiss is definetly the saddest book in the series, i was in tears when i found out dimitri turned strigoi, but i also think frostbite was a bit sad when mason died."

i bawled when mason died.

~iMoiselleChanel~ I sooo wanted Mason and Rose to have a chance. Just one chance then she could go back to Dimitri, lol.

message 35: by Meli (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meli It's been a while (& many books, lol) since I read this, but yes I remember tears falling at the end of this book!

Astra Meli wrote: "It's been a while (& many books, lol) since I read this, but yes I remember tears falling at the end of this book!"

Im still crying!!!

Marien Dore If not this book, than Blood Promise. Imagine how hard that was for Rose to track Dimitri down and in the end really think she killed him.

Derek Hecker Im sorry but I never liked Dimitri much. I hated when Mason died cuz MASON ROCKED

message 39: by Vem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vem Night one of the best things in the series started with Shadow Kiss... love this book though it cost almost a lot of tragedy

message 40: by Elena (new)

Elena Totally. This book totally killed me, but it's also my favorite one.<3

message 41: by Vem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vem Night Elena wrote: "Totally. This book totally killed me, but it's also my favorite one.<3"

same here!

message 42: by Andrea Immaculada (last edited Sep 10, 2011 10:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andrea Immaculada Rosario For me, Shadow Kiss is the SADDEST book ive ever read.it was heart shattering!!!ive read a lot of books but not one would make me cry like i did on this book.ive reread and reread AND REREAD this series and it never fails to make me admire rose's personality,laugh so hard about the characters' witty quips, and cry so damn hard about how rose and dimitri's love turns out to be.it's like it's always my first time whenever i read this series.<3 :)))

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

This book was so sad. i got so pissed off when Dimitri turned, i remember crying so much that when i finished the book i actually threw up and cried some more. Nothin has ever upset me so much.

message 44: by Inel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Inel I like couldn't belive it

Sarah Bertsch The entire series is up and down with sadness. The love she has for him and how he treats her is just horrible.. But like all good books the series ends in a happy ending. Well beside Adrien. :( poor beautiful green eyed boy.

Lanaia It really was the saddest book in the series and also my favourite.

Mubashira Ahmed yes, this the Saddest book in the series. :(
what happen to Dimitri in the end makes me cry. :( (especially after the cabin scene)

Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌		hmmm maybe. i think frost bite and the book after are the saddest

Burbank.christopher I still think this book is more depressing than most books I read

Sidrah It was kinda sad but the saddest is the last book when rose breaks adrians heart. The second saddest would probably be the second when mason dies. :(

« previous 1 3