Immortals After Dark discussion

Introductions & Administration > Spoilers (everyone please read)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Honorary Lorean (last edited Nov 11, 2012 01:10AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 779 comments Mod
I have noticed that spoilers abound on this group, and I admit I avoid certain threads because of that fact, because I am behind on the books. For new members and those new to KC, it must be pretty tough to navigate. So I propose that we start using spoiler spaces.

You can actually hide spoilers by doing the following.

In front of a spoiler, type spoiler and put it between < and > . At the end of the spoiler, type /spoiler and put it in between < and >

In other words it will look like this {spoiler} hello {/spoiler}, except with < and >. If done correctly, it should look like this (view spoiler).

So as of now, I ask that all members try to use spoiler spaces on general threads. If you want to start a thread that is spoilerish by nature, just do the following.

In the thread title write the name of the thread and put something like *spoilers* or (spoilers) behind it.

Example: The Ascension *spoilers*

Does that make sense?

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

I am not even going to go back and spoiler-proof the old threads. We'll just start fresh now.

And members should be warned that spoilers on the older threads are very likely!

Addendum:

New book discussion threads should be considered spoiler-friendly. If you are wary of spoilers, you are advised to avoid the new book thread until you have read the book.

message 2: by Andrea (last edited Jul 08, 2011 09:42AM) (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments Danielle, I got a little confused with your explanation. In case anyone else is as brain-skewed as I am, here's an explanation I've read that helped me.

Type [spoiler>... except substitute < or > for the [ ] brackets. Where the dots are, you would type the information you want hidden.

When you do that it looks like this: (view spoiler) If you click on that link you'll be able to read what it contains, but if you don't want to see it, just skip over that part.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 779 comments Mod
Thanks for the simplification, Andrea. Works beautifully.

message 4: by Noir (new)

Noir Jones | 1 comments Just testing. (view spoiler)

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments Noir wrote: "Just testing. [spoilers removed]"

tee hee!

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments Just testing (view spoiler)